• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

The Cowboy

The collection is coming along nicely, i love my bright orange/white military jeep :D,
GTA5_2015_04_28_01_30_42_520.png

iNvid02

That thunderstorm is beautiful. Does it occur often/more than once? It happened when I had the mission with Trevor to drive to Los Santos and I assumed it was scripted.

Another beautiful moment is when Michael is tripping on drugs and is skydiving into a red Los Santos... it looked so amazing. I want to do it again.

Yeah thunderstorms occur naturally but they're kind of rare in my experience (guess they should be), but you can replicate any type of weather you want with that new native trainer that was released recently.

Another moment I enjoyed was switching to Micheal when he is parked near the hills, hes leaning against his sedan looking down onto the city at night, seeing all the those lights down there moving along looked awesome.

FWIW

Neat after my Surano got replaced by an Oracle a couple days ago (online), I decided to buy a new one because it looks great. Spend 400K on modifying it after buying it for 110K, put it in my garage, it turns into a Baller SUV.

What in the fuck. Going to take a bunch of screenshots this time, losing this amount of in-game money in a game where you can spend real money to buy GTA$ isn't okay, that is a million dollars if you total the two cars up. I have no idea how I'd prove it to Rockstar support unless they can see some kind of backlog of my in-game transactions and garage history.

Time to submit yet another ticket, with useless fucking dxdiag information.

R* gave me 500,000 GTA$ 2 days ago to make amends for this. Their email reply was this:

We have identified an issue where personal vehicles are replaced without confirmation in the following scenario:

You are driving a personal vehicle from your full garage in GTA Online.
You exit your personal vehicle to steal any unowned vehicle off of the street.
You leave your personal vehicle on the street, and drive the street vehicle into your garage.
The slot containing your personal vehicle is replaced immediately with the street vehicle without confirmation. We are looking into a fix for this issue now, and we expect to have a fix ready for the next patch. To prevent this from happening to your vehicles, be sure to only drive vehicles from the street in a garage with free space.

So avoid doing that. As it happens, this wasn't the glitch that lost me my car as I don't have a full garage, but they gave my money back so I can't be bothered with correcting them. My car was replaced in two different scenarios, but the thing that both had in common was that the car that I lost was on the street as I was putting other stolen cars into garages (I was going around in an owned car, stealing Ballers and Oracles and putting them into garages to sell to LSC, leaving the garage, getting back into my owned car and repeat) so I recommend not driving any car into your garage if you've already got a car on the street; if you plan to go out looking for cars to steal, do it in stolen transport.

It is nice that R* got back to me quickly and refunded my money tho

Skyzard

Banned
Happened to me too...if I find a car of the same make/model I need to repurchase the mods instead of just selecting them? Will check next time I jump on.

Also I requested an invite for the online group as mangaroo.

Uriah

How does insurance work in mulitplayer? My friend blew up my car. Do I get money or does the car eventually re-appear?

The Cowboy

How does insurance work in mulitplayer? My friend blew up my car. Do I get money or does the car eventually re-appear?

You have to make a call to the insurance company (Mors Mutual in contacts) and pay a small fee (a percentage of the car cost), then go pick it up.

You have to make a call to the insurance company (Mors Mutual in contacts) and pay a small fee (about 1% of the car cost), then go pick it up.

Wrong. If his friend blew it up, his buddy would have to pay. So it's free to get your car replaced as long as you haven't aggroed the murderer.

Ahh, i thought they changed that, but after reading the wiki on it, it does show that.

Full details on the insurance is here.
http://gta.wikia.com/Mors_Mutual_Insurance

It's switched back a forth a few times when some people whined about (1%lol) which takes less than 5 mins to earn so I'm not surprised you remember it that way. They don't know what they want out of GTA. It's way too unstable to be considered finished IMO. But it's still amazingly fun doing shit with your friends.

You have to rebuy the parts if you lose the car.
yeah, which kind of makes sense from a realism point of view but it is certainly annoying.

iirc when you're modding the car and change the rims a couple of times, it even makes you rebuy the rims that you previously bought even if you go back in with the same car. I think buying car mods should be like buying clothes, once you own them you can switch around for free, from your personal garage or from inside LSC. especially for Rims because it would be nice to have 4 or 5 of your favorite rims to switch up when you feel like it.

edit

Also you can add a facial hair underlay, so the beard options don't look nearly as bad.

JYtb.png
WOW, pimp.

I was holding off messing with the trainer as R* were digging around in my account for support reasons, i might give it a go soon. still a bit nervous as we don't know how Rockstar might deal with people using it :\

I really need to get ShadowPlay working again so I can start recording some of our crazy cop throw downs and grudge matches with other players.

Grabbed a couple of ok shots, but most of the ones I tried to take with the in-game camera came out all pixelated and not worth much.

Zoolander fending off a small horde of 5 star police choppers, looking majestic in the process (also probably needs a shower)
TB62XdNPk0aZK7oX1KM_OA_0_0.jpg

Krappadizzle looking the wrong way for the camera...cmon man!
8jtvTKTGkEamKKraAeoqgQ_0_0.jpg

100% achieved, now to wrap up the remaining stunt jumps (which are fucking annoying because for most it's not intuitive where you are supposed to land your vehicle) and few remaining strangers & freaks missions, before fully getting into the online portion.

What's the best way to play this - Xbox 360 controller or KB and mouse?

As I said some time earlier in the thread, I played with the 360 controller, and I've found that it works wonders. Driving around San Andreas with vibration on, is an amazing experience. You drive around the desert, the mountains, the forests, and you feel it in your hands, it's like holding a steering wheel and driving yourself. The fact that the vibration changes during the few second you need to go over a wooden or metallic bridge goes to show how much detail R* put in the game.

The only time I used kb+m was at the shooting challenges in Ammunation, because they required precision that I couldn't achieve with the analog stick.

Gruso

What's the best way to play this - Xbox 360 controller or KB and mouse?
I'm 90% 360 controller, jumping to kb/m if I need to do some precision shooting. Nice to have the best of both worlds.

Some have proclaimed the advantages of doing everything including driving with kb/m, but I can't get into it. Besides, the UI is very much built for controllers. (I love the weapon switching.)

What's the best way to level up very early on and earn money?

Would like to know this too. I wish there were cheaper apartments or they at least started you off in a little shitty one. I like turning everything and anything into an rpg and right now my character feels homeless :(

The Llama

What's the best way to level up very early on and earn money?

Heists are the best way to earn RP and money, but you might get kicked a lot if you're low level. Still, can't really hurt to try. Otherwise, I'd do normal missions. Races are fun IMO but definitely not a good way to earn RP or money, same with deathmatches.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Trying to get to the part I was at when I stopped playing the PS3 version. I'm flying through this one a lot faster.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how to make money this time around. I remember having to do a lot of work saving all of the money, strategically putting money into stocks saving and sleeping in bed, and reloading and reverting to the save if the stock gain wasn't good, and doing the
assassination missions
when you have a lot of money. I haven't even done the first
assassination mission
because I feel like I don't have enough money yet to make it worthwhile.

Trying to get to the part I was at when I stopped playing the PS3 version. I'm flying through this one a lot faster.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how to make money this time around. I remember having to do a lot of work saving all of the money, strategically putting money into stocks saving and sleeping in bed, and reloading and reverting to the save if the stock gain wasn't good, and doing the
assassination missions
when you have a lot of money. I haven't even done the first
assassination mission
because I feel like I don't have enough money yet to make it worthwhile.

Do Michael's Epsilon missions, and buy the Sonar Collections Dock and collect nuclear waste with Trevor (Franklin is the only one to get the pre-order money, so I prioritize him less). Also do Trevor's Altruist Cult missions. Then do the assassination mission. The wiki page for it tells you what to invest in. After doing that, I'm at 7 million with Michael, 4 with Trevor and 2 with Franklin.

daninthemix

Gettin' REAL fucking tired of reloading quicksaves for stunt jump attempts. Give it a rest, would you Rockstar?

And getting REAL fucking tired of my twatting cab company phoning me for help, then following up with a patronising text when I decline. Did they learn NOTHING from GTA4??

Gettin' REAL fucking tired of reloading quicksaves for stunt jump attempts. Give it a rest, would you Rockstar?

And getting REAL fucking tired of my twatting cab company phoning me for help, then following up with a patronising text when I decline. Did they learn NOTHING from GTA4??

You may as well do that cab company mission, I think there's like... 2 of them in the whole game and they never call you again.

noomi

I really don't like how the autosave system works. As soon as you finish a random event/race/mission you immediately get the option of which slot to save to, rather than the game just choosing the default slot and saving by itself. Really breaks the immersion for me.

Shut it off and now I just manually save the game.

I really don't like how the autosave system works. As soon as you finish a random event/race/mission you immediately get the option of which slot to save to. Really breaks the immersion for me.

Shut it off and now I just manually save the game.

Fairly sure that only happens when it autosaves after loading a game/turning the autosave on for the first time.

1 fucking stunt jump left, no idea which one it is, no way to easily find out.

I could swear I did all of them, ffs.

Edit: Found the last one, it was the one at the arcade. Had a car at the time, couldn't do it, so I just ignored it and forgot to go back. Now to do the Kifflom mission.

Skyzard

Banned
Nah it still happens. Might turn off auto-saving too.

Bit of a hassle finding space for 60GB for this game on an SSD but it's totally worth it for the loading times. You can transfer it using steam's backup/import games feature.

Thanks for adding me to the group, I'm up for mumble too.
---oh wait, it's still request pending. I'm mangaroo, only applied yesterday.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This is just GTA V related but I imagine this is the more active topic. There is a mission where you steal 2 cars early on in the game up in Hawick or Burton from a private parking area.

Does anyone know the exact location? I wanted to head back over see if there is anything worth stealing but I've been driving up and down but can't find the driveway.

daninthemix

25 stunt jumps done and boy am I glad to see the back of them. They're so persnickety and finnicky. A smarter developer might've made them enjoyable; Rockstar opted to make them a ball-aching chore instead. Ah well.

I had a quick go at hunting - how long exactly do you have to do it for to 'pass' the task?

Herne

I'd love to play online with some GAF peeps but each time I play online it seems to pair me up with people from the opposite end of the world, going by the way people keep jumping around the map. Are there lan-based options for free roam when playing with friends? I highly doubt it going by what I've seen so far (some narrative crap I really couldn't care less about alongside automatic joining of games with strangers). Again, I'd really like to join you guys, but going by what I've seen so far connection wise, there doesn't seem to be a point in even trying.

It's irritating and highly disappointing because after all the fun we had in lans with GTA IV, we all planned to get GTA V for the same. Delay after delay after delay after delay and we end up with a mess of a multiplayer system that has all my friends not wanting to go anywhere near the game. Bah.

I'd love to play online with some GAF peeps but each time I play online it seems to pair me up with people from the opposite end of the world, going by the way people keep jumping around the map. Are there lan-based options for free roam when playing with friends? I highly doubt it going by what I've seen so far (some narrative crap I really couldn't care less about alongside automatic joining of games with strangers). Again, I'd really like to join you guys, but going by what I've seen so far connection wise, there doesn't seem to be a point in even trying.

It's irritating and highly disappointing because after all the fun we had in lans with GTA IV, we all planned to get GTA V for the same. Delay after delay after delay after delay and we end up with a mess of a multiplayer system that has all my friends not wanting to go anywhere near the game. Bah.

You can create private friend or crew sessions, but I think they still have to go through Rockstar's matchmaking servers for authentication. The game will attempt to put you in a game with fellow crewmates automatically if the PCGF crew is your main, but only if other crew members are online. You can of course force the issue by selecting join friends/crew when you start your online session from single player, or by going directly to the crew page in-game and selecting a crew member to join on.

And I hear you about the halfway around the world issue. I tend to play fairly late at night because of the hours I keep (Pacific time), and I routinely run into japanese and russian players. Makes running heists or missions really difficult sometimes.

Top Bottom