• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Elsolar

Had the game crash 4 times now on the heist mission where you
rob the armored car with the garbage truck.
Seeing lots of complaints from other players online, but no acknowledgement from Rockstar. The game's been out for 2 weeks now, it'd be nice if it wasn't broken...

Seeing lots of complaints from other players online, but no acknowledgement from Rockstar. The game's been out for 2 weeks now, it'd be nice if it wasn't broken...

Do you have landing page enabled? I've had it enabled since day one, and the only time I've had crashes is when I've killed the launcher process. And also when I've spawned way too many bodyguards.

Turn Landing Page to on in Savings and startup settings. Restart game. Choose story mode on bootup, do not let it autoload.

Do you have landing page enabled? I've had it enabled since day one, and the only time I've had crashes is when I've killed the launcher process. And also when I've spawned way too many bodyguards.

There are a few specific bugs, like the crash on Blitz Play or the floating truck on the Marriage Counseling that aren't so easily fixed. There are workarounds if people care to use them, but not everyone is so inclined.

But agreed, everyone should have the landing page turned on to minimize potential crash issues. I was getting a bunch of CTDs before turning it back on, haven't had a single one since.

Elsolar

Turn Landing Page to on in Savings and startup settings. Restart game. Choose story mode on bootup, do not let it autoload.

Thanks, I'll give this a try, although it's still annoying to have to play through the whole mission just to test a possible fix. I get that GTA is a big game with a lot of procedurally-generated things happening that need to be re-initialized when the game starts, but is having real autosaves during missions too much to ask?

Herne

You can create private friend or crew sessions, but I think they still have to go through Rockstar's matchmaking servers for authentication. The game will attempt to put you in a game with fellow crewmates automatically if the PCGF crew is your main, but only if other crew members are online. You can of course force the issue by selecting join friends/crew when you start your online session from single player, or by going directly to the crew page in-game and selecting a crew member to join on.

And I hear you about the halfway around the world issue. I tend to play fairly late at night because of the hours I keep (Pacific time), and I routinely run into japanese and russian players. Makes running heists or missions really difficult sometimes.

Cheers, I'll have to have a real look at the options sometime. Meanwhile I do have the single player which I'm enjoying immensely, thankfully. Hopefully I'll be able to join you guys for some mayhem soon :)

Thanks, I'll give this a try, although it's still annoying to have to play through the whole mission just to test a possible fix. I get that GTA is a big game with a lot of procedurally-generated things happening that need to be re-initialized when the game starts, but is having real autosaves during missions too much to ask?

There are some missions that autosave in the middle, but it could of course be way better.
I just chalk it up to the game's old console roots, where the memory limitations (both in system memory and storage) were extremely severe. Remember, this game was designed around being able to run in 256 MB of memory. They've bolted on a ton of extra stuff on top of that over time, but I'm sure the single-player mission design was probably touched the least.

I really, REALLY hope Rockstar's first Current gen-only effort is way better about this stuff.

Zoolader

I really need to get ShadowPlay working again so I can start recording some of our crazy cop throw downs and grudge matches with other players.

Grabbed a couple of ok shots, but most of the ones I tried to take with the in-game camera came out all pixelated and not worth much.

Zoolander fending off a small horde of 5 star police choppers, looking majestic in the process (also probably needs a shower)
TB62XdNPk0aZK7oX1KM_OA_0_0.jpg

Krappadizzle looking the wrong way for the camera...cmon man!
8jtvTKTGkEamKKraAeoqgQ_0_0.jpg

We didn't even play that long and I was still covered in a bath of blood. I'll take some pics of you next time we play. You are piloting the helicopter and krappadizzle is in that car.

17301031042_61d5faeeb8_o.png

17276910746_cd116f4951_o.png

laxu

What's the best way to play this - Xbox 360 controller or KB and mouse?

Both! I actually bought myself a Dualshock 4 for this (I don't even have a PS4 yet and used to play with my PS3 controllers) and it's pretty sweet for driving and flying. When on foot or in a vehicular shooting section I switch to the keyboard and mouse, there's just no contest in accuracy.

Is there any trick to finding the peyote? I just about know how they look but are they in completely obscure places (like randomly in the wild or something) or actually in places that have some sort of landmark (even if it's just junk or something)? I've found one so far
on top of the mountain.

We didn't even play that long and I was still covered in a bath of blood. I'll take some pics of you next time we play. You are piloting the helicopter and krappadizzle is in that car.

17301031042_61d5faeeb8_o.png

17276910746_cd116f4951_o.png
Great shots. I had soooooo much fun when we were just rampaging.
I really need to get ShadowPlay working again so I can start recording some of our crazy cop throw downs and grudge matches with other players.

Grabbed a couple of ok shots, but most of the ones I tried to take with the in-game camera came out all pixelated and not worth much.

Zoolander fending off a small horde of 5 star police choppers, looking majestic in the process (also probably needs a shower)
TB62XdNPk0aZK7oX1KM_OA_0_0.jpg

Krappadizzle looking the wrong way for the camera...cmon man!
8jtvTKTGkEamKKraAeoqgQ_0_0.jpg

Us fighting that one hacker was a good ass time. So fun.

------------------------------------------

Recorded our shenanigans.

01:25 Hour mark has some cool stuff

Here is da link.

I got kicked last night and was having issue reconnecting and just gave up and went to bed. I was so tired from the night before. Tonight though, it's on. I'm all rested, don't have to go in till later than normal at work, and then work is a short day. Get hyped.

Someone made a comparison of car damage between last gen and current gen. Fucking first person had to ruin it for everyone, along with using silenced weapons in cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=76&v=3bnxtAoH_Q8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=177&v=lolNNmbh3qU

The old gen deformation looks a bit unrealistic, while the current gen/PC doesn't seem to deform as much as it seems it should.

Ehhhh, doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Non-upgraded cars still get banged up pretty good on PC, just not when you're hitting them with a bat.

The old gen deformation looks a bit unrealistic, while the current gen/PC doesn't seem to deform as much as it seems it should.

Ehhhh, doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Non-upgraded cars still get banged up pretty good on PC, just not when you're hitting them with a bat.

Doors and roofs don't get deformed at all because it'd cause clipping in first person. Quite a step back. Hope it can be restored via mods.

Doors and roofs don't get deformed at all because it'd cause clipping in first person. Quite a step back. Hope it can be restored via mods.

First person was/is one of the greatest editions to the new versions if you ask me, I'd like to have both though for sure. I'm optimistic we'll see mods that bring it back to how it used to be.

First person was/is one of the greatest editions to the new versions if you ask me, I'd like to have both though for sure. I'm optimistic we'll see mods that bring it back to how it used to be.

Certainly makes some online missions less of a chore when you can aim precisely before some Balla shoots you in the nipple from a mile away with a pistol and takes off half your health.

Citadel

Just started playing GTA V on PC (or for any system) for the first time... Damn, this game is amazing. Gorgeous, and runs flawlessly on my R9 290... Constant 50+ fps no matter where I am. Been spending all of my time in GTA:O... Haven't even touched SP yet. I really want to level up and get my own place and find out what Heists are all about. Anyone have any tips for a newcomer to GTA:O?

That being said, has anyone seen any issues with reflections? It seems to only happen in the subway or inside somewhere, but the reflection on the floor's tiling starts to glitch and show ... what looks to be like palm trees. Can't show any pics since I'm not at home, but has anyone seen this?

Certainly makes some online missions less of a chore when you can aim precisely before some Balla shoots you in the nipple from a mile away with a pistol and takes off half your health.

Hahah, for sure. we should play together brother, I'm tellin' you we'd have a good ass time.

Just started playing GTA V on PC (or for any system) for the first time... Damn, this game is amazing. Gorgeous, and runs flawlessly on my R9 290... Constant 50+ fps no matter where I am. Been spending all of my time in GTA:O... Haven't even touched SP yet. I really want to level up and get my own place and find out what Heists are all about. Anyone have any tips for a newcomer to GTA:O?

That being said, has anyone seen any issues with reflections? It seems to only happen in the subway or inside somewhere, but the reflection on the floor's tiling starts to glitch and show ... what looks to be like palm trees. Can't show any pics since I'm not at home, but has anyone seen this?

I've seen artifacting randomly, but no issues currently with reflections on a 780.

--------------

Gonna do a few heist tonight, I'd like to have Zoolader and Carbon and anyone else from the Crew. I want to get the 10 Million. Which means, 4 people are parts, all heists.

Valkrai

Hahah, for sure. we should play together brother, I'm tellin' you we'd have a good ass time.

I've seen artifacting randomly, but no issues currently with reflections on a 780.

--------------

Gonna do a few heist tonight, I'd like to have Zoolader and Carbon and anyone else from the Crew. I want to get the 10 Million. Which means, 4 people are parts, all heists.

I can help out with Heists if you need it.

Does anyone have a problem with money disappearing from your bank account in GTA:O? I had almost $300,000 after doing a few jobs and heists and then I go to a new lobby and I have $77,000 in my bank, this sucks. Any tips on what to do?

EDIT: Sent in a support ticket, as there is an option specifically for the issue, so hopefully I hear something from them.

Does anyone have a problem with money disappearing from your bank account in GTA:O? I had almost $300,000 after doing a few jobs and heists and then I go to a new lobby and I have $77,000 in my bank, this sucks. Any tips on what to do?

There is a building you can access where you do a hacking minigame that lets you scope out the account of another player and take some money. While you are hacking you set of alarms and attract the cops. If you complete the transaction without dying you get to steal some of their money.

Not really

There is a building you can access where you do a hacking minigame that lets you scope out the account of another player and take some money. While you are hacking you set of alarms and attract the cops. If you complete the transaction without dying you get to steal some of their money.

Not really

Shit you had me for a minute, I was like that's pretty crazy lol.

I just spent all my money on Debonaire stocks for the Multi Target Assassination mission for Lester. But I have no idea where it went. After the mission it says I own 0 stocks and there's nothing in my portfolio. I bought the stocks directly after I triggered the mission, did I fuck up somehow? My money just fucking vanished into thin air.

edit- thank god I had an old save from the mission before that, but what went wrong there?

That was insanely good fun, me and Frankie had a epic 5 star chase and then after lots of fun at the construction site with krappa, dark, zoolander and co lol

Yeah it was. I'll upload the video later.

Darkstar and I had and epic backwards highway fun page. He even landed C4 on a low flying chopper and blew that shit out the air.

Valkrai

Krappa, mind sending me another invite? I was editing some of the footage for some screenshots.

Edit: Uploading some quick screens from the chase. Too lazy to use flickr atm so imgur it is :p

Krappa, mind sending me another invite? I was editing some of the footage for some screenshots.

Edit: Uploading some quick screens from the chase. Too lazy to use flickr atm so imgur it is :p

Yeah sure. As soon as I got your message 2 others joined so I had to quit out real quick and then set up again.

Soooo I found out were my $250,000ish went, I must have accidentally hit buy all ammo because I have 9999 ammo for all my weapons now, I feel dumb...

Lol, I feel you. I lost about $100k the other day.
It's such a silly option, buy all ammo. What if I have lots of weapons?
Bombs and grenades (which are expensive) are also considered as ammo, duh.

Soooo I found out were my $250,000ish went, I must have accidentally hit buy all ammo because I have 9999 ammo for all my weapons now, I feel dumb...

Lol, I feel you. I lost about $100k the other day.
It's such a silly option, buy all ammo. What if I have lots of weapons?
Bombs and grenades (which are expensive) are also considered as ammo, duh.

Hahaha. I almost did this today. Thank god it asked me if I was sure I wanted to spend 60k. Usually I just glance past that shit but the big ass number stuck out for a split second and made me do a double take. Shits usually around 10k.

What kind of developer overlooks the fact that typing in a text box doesn't keep you from activating in-game functions, like buying ammo in a lobby?

Sarcasm

Just want to say sonething.

Game works with no Internet for me. Nothing was unplugged just the Internet was down.

Works flawlessly like using steam offline.

Top Bottom