• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Rizzi

I took a screenshot of some of the pop in stuff that bothers me.
ljeWFlm.jpg
The telegraph poles down the road in front of me look like shit until I get right up close to them. How do I fix that?

The telegraph poles down the road in front of me look like shit until I get right up close to them. How do I fix that?

I always thought it's due to FXAA only anti-aliasing.
I only use FXAA and the poles look just like that. Kinda bothered at first but I don't care anymore nowadays.

iNvid02

I set the delay of game notifications to 0 in settings - so basically instant notifications. Now I regularly get invites to loads of missions.

I just accept the heist invites and join randoms or a group who are doing the final heist, 15 to 20% of the pie for one mission, it's great.

I liked the setup missions generally but have done them too many times, I need cash yo.

edit: seen a few ppl using the modified trainer online, just one more reason to avoid conflict in free mode

I set the delay of game notifications to 0 in settings - so basically instant notifications. Now I regularly get invites to loads of missions.

I just accept the heist invites and join randoms or a group who are doing the final heist, 15 to 20% of the pie for one mission, it's great.

I liked the setup missions generally but have done them too many times, I need cash yo.

edit: seen a few ppl using the modified trainer online, just one more reason to avoid conflict in free mode

It's crazy how shoot first everyone is.

I'm like Bro, my crews the devil.

Kabouter

I just load up into invite only mode 95% of the time these days. When after a mission I sometimes for no reason get put in a public lobby, it generally takes less than a minute for me to be bumped off by some douchebag.

I just load up into invite only mode 95% of the time these days. When after a mission I sometimes for no reason get put in a public lobby, it generally takes less than a minute for me to be bumped off by some douchebag.

Passive mode. Though I seem to always spawn away from other players anyway.

daninthemix

Hunting down the collectibles is surprisingly fun, thanks to the excellent Rockstar Social Club map that tracks your progress and shows you which ones you've yet to find. I strongly recommend a chopper.

Need help. Spoiler is for final mission!

For some reason I can't drop the gold from the final heist on the train. The game says press D to drop the gold but I use D to control the helicopter. I've tried the attach/detach key (assiged to spacebar) and G (landing gear) but nothing works. Did anyone have the same problem? Can't find anything on the web.

Edit: apparently it's because I'm using custom key binds. After setting everything to default (which is a horrible control layout) the D key prompt functioned properly. Kinda horrible that you have to change to the default key binds to be able to complete this drop. Can't believe it was missed in QA.

Eyeh4wk

Is there any way to drop or sell weapons? It takes a million years to select my pistol and drive-by when I have so many guns. I use M+K.

Edit: I mean in the single player mode BTW.

Is there any way to drop or sell weapons? It takes a million years to select my pistol and drive-by when I have so many guns. I use M+K.

Edit: I mean in the single player mode BTW.

F9 drops held weapon. I use it to drop all the pistols/assault rifles I hate using.

Dinjoralo

Hunting down the collectibles is surprisingly fun, thanks to the excellent Rockstar Social Club map that tracks your progress and shows you which ones you've yet to find. I strongly recommend a chopper.

How did you get that to work? For me, it won't show where the collectables I haven't found are.

LordAmused

Extended distance scaling under Advanced Options will help that. Though it has a pretty big hit on performance.

Sephon

Please invite me to the guild, I'm getting desperate for good company.

My name is Seiphon, and I'm in dire need of grown men...

or women...

anyone actually, but preferrably not insecure young kids.

Please invite me to the guild, I'm getting desperate for good company.

My name is Seiphon, and I'm in dire need of grown men...

or women...

anyone actually, but preferrably not insecure young kids.

Mind linking your RSSC(Social Club ID)? for whatever reason the search is being an asshole. If you put in a request at the Crew Page I'll approve it.

Got you.

iNvid02

its the official gaf van, i was driving around whe one random guy just decided to climb on top of it and get out his jerry can. i'd like to think he was a banned member expressing his outrage

FkqbtKh.jpg

Arsenic13

Anyone find it odd and kinda limiting that GTA Online characters can't cross dress? Character variety would dramatically increase if made possible.

Love you!

Love you too bubba. Send me a friend request on RSSC and we'll have some fun.

---------------

Does ANYONE know why I'm always showing up offline to my friends via in-game and Rockstar Social Club? It makes it very difficult for my friends to join and it's starting to become annoying. It's been like that since Day 1 for me.

Zoolader

its the official gaf van, i was driving around whe one random guy just decided to climb on top of it and get out his jerry can. i'd like to think he was a banned member expressing his outrage

FkqbtKh.jpg

That story cracked me up. I want to take a spin in your gaf van soon.

Does ANYONE know why I'm always showing up offline to my friends via in-game and Rockstar Social Club? It makes it very difficult for my friends to join and it's starting to become annoying. It's been like that since Day 1 for me.

Could it be your Social Club privacy settings causing issues perhaps? Honestly no idea, because I don't think I've seen anyone else have this issue so consistently.

And yeah, it was frustrating last night trying to join you guys, kept failing out either because the server was full or because it would just error out for some reason. At some point I just gave up and started a Heist chain. Will try again this evening, hopefully with better results.

Could it be your Social Club privacy settings causing issues perhaps? Honestly no idea, because I don't think I've seen anyone else have this issue so consistently.

And yeah, it was frustrating last night trying to join you guys, kept failing out either because the server was full or because it would just error out for some reason. At some point I just gave up and started a Heist chain. Will try again this evening, hopefully with better results.

Yeah, I've dug into the settings and everything seems as it should. I know I've seen others with the issue if google is an indicator. Just bummed about it. I think it has more to do with being the Steam version and there being some sort of conflict. I wish I had the money for the Rockstar Version. Or at least Rockstar would hire more programmers. I've quad-dipped on this game. My favorite version(PC) doesn't work as well as it should and it makes me a sad panda.

Also, if the server is full, and you get an invite from me, I probably didn't realize it. Send me a message and we can jump to a private/different server for more Shenanigans. I have a few ideas and surprises for those that wanna play with me this afternoon around 1/2 P.M PST(around 8/9 P.M. GMT I think). So if you guys would like to be a part of the Shenanigans that you've seen from myself, Zoolader, CarbonFire, Daedolus, send me a friend request and just include your GAF name and I'll send you an invite when I jump on.

Is there any way to give away some of your weapons online? Tried dropping them but I just get them back when I reload the game

Depends on the weapon. You can drop the chain guns, rail-guns, and mostly everything, I've noticed the few times it wouldn't let me drop it, I was accidentally dropping it and then immediately picking it back up, so be sure to try it while you are running. I've also noticed I can't drop the tommy gun and some of the other Sub/Heavy-Machine Guns, but mostly everything is droppable.

Depends on the weapon. You can drop the chain guns, rail-guns, and mostly everything, I've noticed the few times it wouldn't let me drop it, I was accidentally dropping it and then immediately picking it back up, so be sure to try it while you are running. I've also noticed I can't drop the tommy gun and some of the other Heavy Machine Guns, but mostly everything is droppable.

Yeahh I've been able to drop them, but I just get them back when I reload the game. I've tried giving them to another player but predictably, they just shoot me in the face before I get a chance

Yeahh I've been able to drop them, but I just get them back when I reload the game. I've tried giving them to another player but predictably, they just shoot me in the face before I get a chance

They'll reappear everytime you load in unfortunately. That said, as long as you stick to the open world you CAN drop them, you need not give them to someone, just leave them on the ground and as long as you don't leave the session( you CAN die) the guns will be gone until you load back in. I myself regret buying all the pistols. All I want is the AP Pistol and the Flare Gun, which I end up only having, but after having to drop 6 other pistols first, and it's annoying to drop them as it seems to default to the next weapon on the wheel and not the next weapon in the category as you think it would.

daninthemix

How did you get that to work? For me, it won't show where the collectables I haven't found are.

You need to sign out, then sign back in and then it should work. For some reason it only works one time. Next time you visit the site you'll have to sign out and in again.

They'll reappear everytime you load in unfortunately. That said, as long as you stick to the open world you CAN drop them, you need not give them to someone, just leave them on the ground and as long as you don't leave the session( you CAN die) the guns will be gone until you load back in. I myself regret buying all the pistols. All I want is the AP Pistol and the Flare Gun, which I end up only having, but after having to drop 6 other pistols first, and it's annoying to drop them as it seems to default to the next weapon on the wheel and not the next weapon in the category as you think it would.

Yeahh this is pretty annoying, but ah well I'll just have to make do with dropping them as you said

jamie0601

Neo Member

I kept getting that and the only way I've been able to get rid of it was to drop the in game FXAA and use MSAA x2, but it does cause a bit of a performance hit if you want to play at 60 frames.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Anyone playing on Windows 10? The latest build, 10071, has just been pushed to both rings and I was wondering how GTA V was running on it. I was having random crashes with 10071 and had to go back to 8.1 :(

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Anyone playing on Windows 10? The latest build, 10071, has just been pushed to both rings and I was wondering how GTA V was running on it. I was having random crashes with 10071 and had to go back to 8.1 :(

I'll try tomorrow, went back to dual boot with 8.1 because SLI was almost unusable in W10 (in every games), but maybe new 352.63 drivers for Windows 10 fixed that (I hope, I already got used to W10 and its windowed modern apps).

Syder

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but there's no way to just host a lobby, have it closed until I've got my friends in and then let randoms in once they've joined, right?

I mean, there's no easy way. Best way I've found is to go onto one of the random markers around the free roam (races, deathmatches, parachuting, etc.) and hope it gives me an empty lobby, then quickly set the lobby to closed and invite my friends. Finish a race or whatever and then try to vote for a mission.

I just want to do missions with my fucking friends, Rockstar.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but there's no way to just host a lobby, have it closed until I've got my friends in and then let randoms in once they've joined, right?

I mean, there's no easy way. Best way I've found is to go onto one of the random markers around the free roam (races, deathmatches, parachuting, etc.) and hope it gives me an empty lobby, then quickly set the lobby to closed and invite my friends. Finish a race or whatever and then try to vote for a mission.

I just want to do missions with my fucking friends, Rockstar.

Can't you start an invite only session? I know you can, I just don't remember the menu selection to get there. Rockstar has answered your prayers.

Top Bottom