• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Sarcasm

Can't you start an invite only session? I know you can, I just don't remember the menu selection to get there. Rockstar has answered your prayers.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but there's no way to just host a lobby, have it closed until I've got my friends in and then let randoms in once they've joined, right?

I mean, there's no easy way. Best way I've found is to go onto one of the random markers around the free roam (races, deathmatches, parachuting, etc.) and hope it gives me an empty lobby, then quickly set the lobby to closed and invite my friends. Finish a race or whatever and then try to vote for a mission.

I just want to do missions with my fucking friends, Rockstar.

Remember online was probably developed by one person who knows nothing about online.

To start an invite only session (which works til you finish a mission/heist - you get put into a public session) you need to do this:

1. Start/Load your Single Player
  2. Open the menu and scroll over to Online
  3. Click on start online
  4. Click invite only

That should do it til you do some missions/heists/anything that requires long loading.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Just tried a random online game and boy... People are annoying. There was this one guy just screaming incoherently into his mic for what felt like 15 minutes. Uh... okay.

MrBig

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong but there's no way to just host a lobby, have it closed until I've got my friends in and then let randoms in once they've joined, right?

I mean, there's no easy way. Best way I've found is to go onto one of the random markers around the free roam (races, deathmatches, parachuting, etc.) and hope it gives me an empty lobby, then quickly set the lobby to closed and invite my friends. Finish a race or whatever and then try to vote for a mission.

I just want to do missions with my fucking friends, Rockstar.

I assume you are wanting to do closed jobs as opposed to free mode lobbies. Pause, online tab, options, enable host retention and set it to closed games (sorry, I do not recall the exact terminology used). Launch a job by going to the online tab of the pause menu, then drill down through the jobs menu there. If you pick a game from the end-game list you should all stay together, if you pick random you will likely be thrown in with another lobby that needs players. If you start a job while all already in an invite only/closed freemode session and choose the freemode option you should all be returned there, and can manually select a new thing to do.

Remember online was probably developed by one person who knows nothing about online.

Well, it's not that far from the truth.

v5c7ll.png

Dezeer

Patch notes https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205086728--4-30-15-GTAV-PC-Patch-350-1-Notes

Code:
    Vehicles in your garage can no longer be accidentally replaced with vehicles from the street. For details, see [URL="https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/articles/204976408"]this page[/URL].
    Improved stability and fixed several crashes and hangs while transitioning between Jobs in GTA Online.
    Fixed an issue where certain players were unable to exit their garages while inside of a personal vehicle.
    Fixed an issue where the game could freeze if you were robbing a store while someone else was attempting to buy snacks there.
    A rare issue has been fixed where some players received a “Purchase Failed” error when attempting to buy apartments.
    Fixed an issue where players would be asked to quit the game while using text chat in Golf and pressing the “E” key.
    GTA Online characters can now be added to your shortlist in the Rockstar Editor.
    Fixed several clipping issues that occurred when taking Snapmatic selfies.
    One-on-One Vehicle Deathmatches in Free Roam will now properly spawn all participants in vehicles.
    Fixed a Steam-only issue where you could not alt-tab back into GTAV if you alt-tabbed out while the Steam overlay was active.
    Various fixes to bring improved patch download speeds.
    Improvements to matchmaking so players that have good connections to each other are matched together more frequently.
    Fixed a Steam-only issue where players could not use Mexican Spanish as a subtitle language.
    General stability fixes for director mode and video editor.
    Various crash fixes.
    Fixes for issues caused by launching the game in offline mode.

Kabouter

" Improvements to matchmaking so players that have good connections to each other are matched together more frequently."

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

FrsDvl

Anyone have it working on the latest Windows 10 build? Game starts up fine, but once I hit the main menu and try to load into the game it loads endlessly.

Thorgal

Code:
Fixed an issue where the game could freeze if you were robbing a store while someone else was attempting to buy snacks there.

lol.

Zoolader

To start an invite only session (which works til you finish a mission/heist - you get put into a public session) you need to do this:

1. Start/Load your Single Player
  2. Open the menu and scroll over to Online
  3. Click on start online
  4. Click invite only

That should do it til you do some missions/heists/anything that requires long loading.

Yep I've been doing this for races so that I can keep finishing first place and unlock some stuff in the car shop.

Patch notes https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205086728--4-30-15-GTAV-PC-Patch-350-1-Notes

Code:
    Vehicles in your garage can no longer be accidentally replaced with vehicles from the street. For details, see [URL="https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/articles/204976408"]this page[/URL].
    Improved stability and fixed several crashes and hangs while transitioning between Jobs in GTA Online.
    Improvements to matchmaking so players that have good connections to each other are matched together more frequently.
    Various crash fixes.
GTAO just got a lot better hopefully.

The first on that list has been stopping me from buying any cars for the past week because I lost two already. It has made races with custom vehicles enabled painful for me.

Couple things:

Where the heck are the stores that I can rob?

Why, in 25 hours, have I only seen two random events? One armored car robbery and one police chase/shootout where I could help the police or run off with the money?

Sarcasm

Couple things:

Why, in 25 hours, have I only seen two random events? One armored car robbery and one police chase/shootout where I could help the police or run off with the money?

The stores actually show up on the map. Look in legend.

As for events I dunno - what level are you? I am getting too much now that I am above twenty.

Couple things:

Random events? I've played 130 hours and I've never seen a random event?

Zoolader

For example I've stepped into a gang controlled area and had to clear them out, distracted police for 5 minutes while some kind of getaway is happening, had to track and bring down and flying plane. I'm assuming he means these type of events that pop up.

I've had this about 2 weeks. First version of the game so I suck at everything.

Very frequently I get placed into empty sessions or with less than 5 other players. Yesterday and today, I've gone through at least 10 straight new session reloads that put me in an empty city.

Where are the sessions full of armies of rampaging players? Just now I've finished an hour of constant session searching, probably at least 15 attempts, and the biggest session was 5 players. Many times zero.

Is this common? And why does my character never spawn at the location I set it to spawn? It's always random. Where are the players?

I've had this about 2 weeks. First version of the game so I suck at everything.

Very frequently I get placed into empty sessions or with less than 5 other players. Yesterday and today, I've gone through at least 10 straight new session reloads that put me in an empty city.

Where are the sessions full of armies of rampaging players? Just now I've finished an hour of constant session searching, probably at least 15 attempts, and the biggest session was 5 players. Many times zero.

Is this common? And why does my character never spawn at the location I set it to spawn? It's always random. Where are the players?

Are you setting your spawn location in the quick menu? I don't think I've ever not had it obey that setting when spawning into the world for the first time.

As for instance population, it can vary pretty wildly. Most evenings I get put into extremely busy instances, but then I tend to do a lot of heist missions and races, so that could have something to do with it. Also joining on friends / crew members probably couldn't hurt either. I have also found just hammering the "Find new session" button does not give great results in trying to find busy instances.

oti

Banned
So... I think I can't launch the game anymore. It tells me there's a problem with the update servers and even playing it offline won't work since internet is required for that too. Bought it off Nuuvem via VPN. :|

The stores actually show up on the map. Look in legend.

As for events I dunno - what level are you? I am getting too much now that I am above twenty.

Levels?

Single player only. Not online.

I've done the prerequisites for Trevor's first heist.

Every store I've gone to the weapon wheel is locked out.

Yeah, I've wandered around and seen cops in a shoot out with some other people. All green dots until I picked a side. Then I stole the money and the cops turned on me.

Kabouter

Levels?

Single player only. Not online.

I've done the prerequisites for Trevor's first heist.

Every store I've gone to the weapon wheel is locked out.

Yeah, I've wandered around and seen cops in a shoot out with some other people. All green dots until I picked a side. Then I stole the money and the cops turned on me.

Robbing stores is a multiplayer thing.

shiyrley

Banned
I just entered online with the FOV mod on, accidentaly (Flawless widescreen). I inmediately closed the game when I saw the FOV and entered again with it disabled. Fuck, I hope nothing happens. It works via memory hacking... :/ rockstar pls forgive me

Robbing stores is a multiplayer thing.

You can rob stores in single player, but the take is less, and there are fewer stores to rob (limited to just the Gas Stations/convenience stores, no liquor stores).

Edit: Or not all liquor stores. Can't remember which ones are robbable in SP.

You can rob stores in single player, but the take is less, and there are fewer stores to rob (limited to just the Gas Stations/convenience stores, no liquor stores).

Edit: Or not all liquor stores. Can't remember which ones are robbable in SP.

Every gas station I've come to didn't have a door. Save one, which did not have an attendant to rob. :(

Peru

Just started up this game.. what am I doing wrong here, Lester as a mark on the map and on my phone is unlocked but no one's at his house and he doesn't answer the phone. I've done marriage councelling which is listed as prerequisite in walkthroughs.

The Llama

Just started up this game.. what am I doing wrong here, Lester as a mark on the map and on my phone is unlocked but no one's at his house and he doesn't answer the phone. I've done marriage councelling which is listed as prerequisite in walkthroughs.

Switch to a different character.

Every gas station I've come to didn't have a door. Save one, which did not have an attendant to rob. :(

If you shoot or otherwise cause chaos within earshot or visible range of the attendant, they will run. And if there is no cashier, you can shoot the register(s) for at least some cash. Not all of the gas stations are robbable though, so you might have just been running into the ones that just have a facade.

Here's a quick map (not sure if all of these locations are robbable in SP, but most are)

Top Bottom