• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Braag

Somewhere in the countryside I came across some sort of drug deal gone wrong. There was a whole lot of dead bodies scattered around and cars riddled with bullet holes in the area. There was a suitcase and some half dead guy next to it who said don't pick it up. Obviously I did, got 25k money and the guy said "now you're a dead man" and bled out.
Not long after that I got ambushed by couple of dudes who came after the money.

I don't know if Rockstar was referencing No Country For Old Men but the whole scenario definitely reminded me of that.

Vehicles in your garage can no longer be accidentally replaced with vehicles from the street. For details, see this page.
Improved stability and fixed several crashes and hangs while transitioning between Jobs in GTA Online.
Fixed an issue where certain players were unable to exit their garages while inside of a personal vehicle.
Fixed an issue where the game could freeze if you were robbing a store while someone else was attempting to buy snacks there.
A rare issue has been fixed where some players received a “Purchase Failed” error when attempting to buy apartments.
Fixed an issue where players would be asked to quit the game while using text chat in Golf and pressing the “E” key.
GTA Online characters can now be added to your shortlist in the Rockstar Editor.
Fixed several clipping issues that occurred when taking Snapmatic selfies.
One-on-One Vehicle Deathmatches in Free Roam will now properly spawn all participants in vehicles.
Fixed a Steam-only issue where you could not alt-tab back into GTAV if you alt-tabbed out while the Steam overlay was active.
Various fixes to bring improved patch download speeds.
Improvements to matchmaking so players that have good connections to each other are matched together more frequently.
Fixed a Steam-only issue where players could not use Mexican Spanish as a subtitle language.
General stability fixes for director mode and video editor.
Various crash fixes.
Fixes for issues caused by launching the game in offline mode.

Zoolader

How does one start a solo race in an invite session? And what is best race?

The only way I think to do that is from the story mode. Go to the online options menu from there and look for it. You won't have the same options while online which is why you need to be in story mode first.

The only way I think to do that is from the story mode. Go to the online options menu from there and look for it. You won't have the same options while online which is why you need to be in story mode first.

Which is super dumb that it's so obtuse. But at least it is an option.

Zoolader

I couldn't find it unless you mean creator?
Click pause and click on the online tab, then the online menu at the very bottom click on "play online", which will give you a sub menu after clicking. Then create the kind of session you want. Again do it from inside the story mode.

Sarcasm

Click pause and click on the online tab, then the online menu at the very bottom click on "play online", which will give you a sub menu after clicking. Then create the kind of session you want. Again do it from inside the story mode.

Oh yea I typically do that. Thought you guys were talking about the actual races.

In my session I just look for a race on my map right? And drive to it?

If so which one is a good one to grind?

Zoolader

Oh yea I typically do that. Thought you guys were talking about the actual races.

In my session I just look for a race on my map right? And drive to it?

If so which one is a good one to grind?

No it's not using the markers on the map. I guess I didn't finish that thought process so I had to jump into the game. Do all the steps mentioned above. Then once you are loaded into your online game press pause, go to the online tab, click jobs, click rockstar created jobs, click races. If you are in a solo session then you will only be able to pick car races from the list as the rest require more players so they will be greyed out.

I'm not sure the names of the two I've been playing as I haven't spent too much time doing the races. I found two on the list without much effort that let me select any vehicle class, so I stuck with those but don't remember the names right now.

Thorgal

Is it possible to have the camera stay in First Person mode and once in a vehicle it switches to third person and when leaving said vehicle it automatically goes back in first person ?

cHinzo

Is it possible to have the camera stay in First Person mode and once in a vehicle it switches to third person and when leaving said vehicle it automatically goes back in first person ?
Yes. U need to enable independent camera modes or something in the settings.

Pachimari

Finally got to optimize my game, so that I am satisfied with the performance. It looks absolutely stunning, especially in the rain at night.

If I want to share my pictures in my gallery with other people, do I need to upload them to Rockstar Social Club first? And I don't understand the whole recording thing. Do I click F1 once to start, and F2 to stop it, and then I can edit it in the Rockstar Editor?

Yes. U need to enable independent camera modes or something in the settings.
This doesn't work for me.

PS: Have already seen a goat, a cat and some mountain lion within 1.5h - never saw those (cats are new I know) through hours of play on PS3 and PS4.

Sarcasm

So how is it possible without cheating to get 46 seconds on races when it is especially two laps? Man people ruin things.

I just entered online with the FOV mod on, accidentaly (Flawless widescreen). I inmediately closed the game when I saw the FOV and entered again with it disabled. Fuck, I hope nothing happens. It works via memory hacking... :/ rockstar pls forgive me

Don't worry, I saw that on Reddit :

PKxUFtT.png

And another one : http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftA...ed_rockstar_support_to_ask_about_the_fov_mod/
I think a mod loses its right to be under the 'cosmetic' category when it can give you an in-game advantage like the FOV mod does.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I think a mod loses its right to be under the 'cosmetic' category when it can give you an in-game advantage like the FOV mod does.

So they should ban people playing with a 21:9 screen and even 16:9 screen because the ones with old 4:3 or 5:4 screens can't see that wide ?
What about Nvidia Surround and Eyefinity that can give a huge FOV ? (almost 180°)

Let's ban people that play with grass on low, so no one can hide in grass :D

Pachimari

Guys, how come my picture goes all to the edge of my monitor? The subtitles and HUD are all touching the edges.

Can I change this somehow?

I wish there were a picture slider.

Vuze

Thank god for native trainer and its teleport feature. The game just crashed on me during the ending cutscene of the mission where you have to pick up Lamar like 10km away from the mission starting point and have to drive him back home as well lol.

Are you setting your spawn location in the quick menu? I don't think I've ever not had it obey that setting when spawning into the world for the first time.

As for instance population, it can vary pretty wildly. Most evenings I get put into extremely busy instances, but then I tend to do a lot of heist missions and races, so that could have something to do with it. Also joining on friends / crew members probably couldn't hurt either. I have also found just hammering the "Find new session" button does not give great results in trying to find busy instances.

Yea, the quick menu. Still won't spawn me at my selected location. New game, random. After death, spawn near site of death.

Ran into god moders a couple of times. They show up on radar as active dots, but they're transparent, kinda flickering and skip around quickly. Of course invincible. Kill me easily. Twice on map and once in death match job. Ah well.

Man so many people can aim and shoot in a split second. I'm guessing they're using gaming mice. Surely isn't possible with my controller. And my mouse's tracking sucks and is useless in high speed gaming. Maybe a new mouse is in my future.

Anyone have some good beginner's jobs for leveling up? Taking forever. Low RP returns with agonizing slow job to job loading just deflates my desire to job.

Oreoleo

You could easily make the argument that a wider FOV puts you at a disadvantage since your targets will be smaller than someone not using FOV mod at the same distance.

Anyone have some good beginner's jobs for leveling up? Taking forever. Low RP returns with agonizing slow job to job loading just deflates my desire to job.
if you're after missions specifically, play with higher levels. Their cash / RP payouts are much more than you will get at a low level, and their jobs are usually way more fun.

races have great payouts if you come first, or even in the top 3, the longer the race / more laps the race is, the more money and RP you get. It's the #1 way i leveled up in the beginning, and if you find a good lobby it is by far the fastest way; you can't fail the job because of people who don't know how to play the game like is possible when doing missions with randoms, the selection screen after the job will almost certainly be another race, there are no cutscenes or artificially drawn out sections (now lose the cops by hiding in an alley for half an hour) so you will just be getting payout after payout, and races aren't level specific. They're also fun =D

also do as many misc events as you can when you find yourself in free mode, and try to always do your daily objectives each day (once you get to level 15 i believe), it's 3000rp and $25000, and often the objectives are easy.

if you play in a crew, you also get bonus RP for jobs / races etc, and you get misc RP rewards for playing with friends and crew members in free mode which all adds up.

edit:
You could easily make the argument that a wider FOV puts you at a disadvantage since your targets will be smaller than someone not using FOV mod at the same distance.
sure, but i think a lot of competitive fps players play with extreme FOVs, i guess it would depend on the person playing.

in any case, i wasn't arguing for or against the moral issue of using an FOV mod, i wouldn't personally consider it cheating or unfair if i was playing against someone using the mod. My point was that it can be used for tactical advantage and so a R* rep stating that cosmetic mods aren't bannable, doesn't necessarily apply to a FOV mod.

I think my game is is broken. I can not enter most stores. Ive been trying to enter the Suburban stores to buy new outfits and the doors won't open. On the ps3 version they were open from the beginning. I think they were even on the map. Now they aren't on the pc version. I'm at a little over 20% and I still can't go in them. Any ideas?

Lol what the fuck? I guess third person should be disabled entirely too since that higher field of view is so unfair!
Rockstar made the 3rd person view. If the 3rd person view was a mod, they would be in their right to ban it for online play because of the competitive advantage.

to clarify (again) I'm not saying i hope they do / don't ban anything. I don't even care about the people using the trainer online as long as they're not doing it to cause grievance. I'm arguing that R* would be in their right to ban it.

Setsuna

After you reach the stat cap on vehicles do you get any benefit from other mods that increases a stat such as acceleration?

The Cowboy

[5/1/15] GTAV PC Patch 350.2 Notes
Fixes to improve game stability and other minor fixes.

That's some solid info right there, nice and detailed :D.

Joking aside (they've been decent on patch info for the most part), I'm considering getting a race buddy to do some win/loss back and forth 2 player races to unlock all the car parts over the weekend, its quite annoying having to win races to unlock things (it should have been finish in the top 3 IMO).

Etnos

Banned
I want to like GTA Online but the overall design is so bizarre, so many pointless downtime, the UI is clunky as fuck, some playlist are a dead end, out of nothing job invites for game modes I care not for

Call me old fashion but I would rather have a bunch of matchmaking list in a menu and be done with it.

That's some solid info right there, nice and detailed :D.

Joking aside (they've been decent on patch info for the most part), I'm considering getting a race buddy to do some win/loss back and forth 2 player races to unlock all the car parts over the weekend, its quite annoying having to win races to unlock things (it should have been finish in the top 3 IMO).

I'm always down for race trading. I've had a pretty hard time finding good racing lobbies this time around, which is a shame, since they were common in the PS3 days. It's probably because there are so many more activities now, getting a group to focus on any single activity is a bit harder. Except Heists, because those are the new hotness (also good for earning cash).

I'm also interested in possibly trying a couple of Elite Heist attempts this weekend. Pretty sure it's possible to do the Pacific Standard Elite using the Armored Karuma Method. Already employed that method successfully with DirtyManos, made out with almost $925k on normal. And that was with me carrying ALL of the money AND leading the charge since the two other guys were moving so slowly in the street fight segment.

Qassim

Lol what the fuck? I guess third person should be disabled entirely too since that higher field of view is so unfair!

You can setup game modes to be first person only, those people running the mod would have an advantage in that.

It's an advantage only in a particular scenario, but it's an advantage nonetheless.

Zoolader

I'm always down for race trading. I've had a pretty hard time finding good racing lobbies this time around, which is a shame, since they were common in the PS3 days. It's probably because there are so many more activities now, getting a group to focus on any single activity is a bit harder. Except Heists, because those are the new hotness (also good for earning cash).

I'm also interested in possibly trying a couple of Elite Heist attempts this weekend. Pretty sure it's possible to do the Pacific Standard Elite using the Armored Karuma Method. Already employed that method successfully with DirtyManos, made out with almost $925k on normal. And that was with me carrying ALL of the money AND leading the charge since the two other guys were moving so slowly in the street fight segment.

My bank is empty, sign me up for that.

I want to like GTA Online but the overall design is so bizarre, so many pointless downtime, the UI is clunky as fuck, some playlist are a dead end, out of nothing job invites for game modes I care not for

Call me old fashion but I would rather have a bunch of matchmaking list in a menu and be done with it.

You're not wrong. I don't think it's all bad, but some of the design decisions and the loading times do bring down what could otherwise be a pretty stellar experience.

More consistent and more focused lobbies for racing, DM/TDM and some of the other adversarial modes would be greatly appreciated. As it stands now, lobbies only seem to last for a couple of rounds tops before the voting selection gets too eclectic for people's taste and they leave. The non-DM adversarial modes are also especially dead in this one.

That said, I think the system for setting up co-op jobs and heists is OK, since you're typically only working with 3 other people. It's mostly the load times that are a bummer.

Talents

Banned
Does anyone know why it takes so long to find a member for heists? Me and 2 friends have been trying to find a 4th member for "Pacific Standard - Signal" for well over an hour and we have yet to find a single person. Is there a reason it takes this long or is GTA just dead now?

Does anyone know why it takes so long to find a member for heists? Me and 2 friends have been trying to find a 4th member for "Pacific Standard - Signal" for well over an hour and we have yet to find a single person. Is there a reason it takes this long or is GTA just dead now?

If you're waiting THAT long, invites probably long since stopped going out. Usually after about 5-10 minutes of an open auto-invite lobby, if no one has shown up, just exit and remake. I've had the best luck just remaking the lobby or joining a new instance then remaking. Sometimes you're just not getting the right pool of applicants, and it's not inviting EVERYONE who is playing GTA online at the time. Just mainly people who will supposedly have a good connection to you (this is often not really the case).

Also if you all join up into different instances, you'll increase the pool of applicants, since you can invite people directly from your instance.

Top Bottom