• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Dinjoralo

A guy just got banned from Twitch for streaming PC version. It had the correct key prompts.

It's
still not quite
here!

Really, when the game is coming out in a couple hours? That's a dumb reason to ban things. I wonder if he would've gotten banned had he used a controller.

Anyone else think this forum is going to have a dozen threads on the first page within a minute after launch due to Rockstar's servers buckling under the pressure? Honestly, I'd be amazed if this launch goes smoothly, though I'm crossing my fingers.

We already had four or five threads the week before release. We don't need more.

Salsa

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftA...rked_some_places_for_the_pc_version_d/cq7z46z

My first language is French. Here are the key points:

People expected the PC version to be graphically superior to the PS4/Xbox One version, but nobody expected to be so blown away with such a staggering difference.

It's not a Ubisoft-style quick port of the console version, it's been reworked thoroughly to offer an unmatched experience on PC.

They felt like it was designed with bourgeois (very high-end) computers in mind, but there are a lot of graphics options to make sure it runs on just about any hardware.

Runs "perfectly" on older hardware (Core 2 Duo + 9800GT). No mention of which settings or resolution though.

FOV is greatly increased compared to the PS4/Xbox One version (which was increased compared to the PS3/360 version). For instance, he could see the whole map when jumping in parachute, without a tiny bit of aliasing.

No element pop-up or clipping, unlike the console versions.

New lighting system with different light diffraction

Some places were radically redesigned, for instance the Playboy Mansion's pool which used to be a rectangle and is now a wild river, complete with a stream a cave.

Supports 3D and dual/triple monitors.

Supports the PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers natively.
GTA Online supports up to 30 players + 2 spectators.

New radio station "The Lab FM" with completely new tracks. "Self radio" station allows list to your own MP3s.

Rockstar Editor offers manual recording, but also always keeps a buffer of the last 30 seconds.

Rockstar Editor offers plenty of options for editing, such as camera angles, transitions, blurs, DOF, lighting saturation. You can also add sounds including all audio files from the game itself (including sound effects, music and dialogs).

"Director Mode" allows to change the time of the day, weather, pedestrian/car traffic density. You can be any character (human or animal) and you can teleport.

7e3.jpg

zXe

I can't buy this from the nuuvem br store (I'm in the uk). I have hola set up and add the game to my basket via vpn and then switch back to uk and login. But when I check paypal or credit card boxes to move forward to the payment screen it fails and tells me it's unavailable.

Really, when the game is coming out in a couple hours? That's a dumb reason to ban things. I wonder if he would've gotten banned had he used a controller.
Would you have less of a problem if he was banned playing it a week ago? These rules are easier to enforce if there's a set time. Not 'well, it's close enough'.

zeioIIDX

I sent a request, username is zeioIIDX. Thanks! Played GTA V on the 360, never beat it and never did any Crew stuff so I'm hyped to play the PC version and get online with it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftA...rked_some_places_for_the_pc_version_d/cq7z46z

My first language is French. Here are the key points:

People expected the PC version to be graphically superior to the PS4/Xbox One version, but nobody expected to be so blown away with such a staggering difference.

It's not a Ubisoft-style quick port of the console version, it's been reworked thoroughly to offer an unmatched experience on PC.

They felt like it was designed with bourgeois (very high-end) computers in mind, but there are a lot of graphics options to make sure it runs on just about any hardware.

Runs "perfectly" on older hardware (Core 2 Duo + 9800GT). No mention of which settings or resolution though.

FOV is greatly increased compared to the PS4/Xbox One version (which was increased compared to the PS3/360 version). For instance, he could see the whole map when jumping in parachute, without a tiny bit of aliasing.

No element pop-up or clipping, unlike the console versions.

New lighting system with different light diffraction

Some places were radically redesigned, for instance the Playboy Mansion's pool which used to be a rectangle and is now a wild river, complete with a stream a cave.

Supports 3D and dual/triple monitors.

Supports the PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers natively.
GTA Online supports up to 30 players + 2 spectators.

New radio station "The Lab FM" with completely new tracks. "Self radio" station allows list to your own MP3s.

Rockstar Editor offers manual recording, but also always keeps a buffer of the last 30 seconds.

Rockstar Editor offers plenty of options for editing, such as camera angles, transitions, blurs, DOF, lighting saturation. You can also add sounds including all audio files from the game itself (including sound effects, music and dialogs).

"Director Mode" allows to change the time of the day, weather, pedestrian/car traffic density. You can be any character (human or animal) and you can teleport.

7e3.jpg
bourgeois computers?

lol

but this all sounds amazing

GOD DAMNIT. I left my computer on while I went to work to let the game download and my younger brother ended up shutting it down. Not only that, but he was on it for a while and started downloading COD: Ghosts instead. Download has 9 hours left. Won't be able to play until I get home from work tomorrow now :(

Grief.exe

So what do you think the highest concurrent peak will be on Steam for GTAV this week?

80-90k, maybe more.

I've never really seen a pre-order be in the top sellers spot for months. Generally they will start creeping up the list about a week prior to release.

Steam only represents a portion of the total demographic.

GOD DAMNIT. I left my computer on while I went to work to let the game download and my younger brother ended up shutting it down. Not only that, but he was on it for a while and started downloading COD: Ghosts instead. Download has 9 hours left. Won't be able to play until I get home from work tomorrow now :(

You need to have two very serious talks with your brother.

Portman

Sent a RSC request, name is roboitoam.

Crew invite request sent, same username as my GAF account.

Requested an invite to the crew, Al_Benicio on RSC :)

Gang request invite sent, name is same as here.

Sent Request as LCGeek

messed up before on reply.

Got you all added, just need to accept the request. If I've missed anyone PM me to let me know and I've noted the page of the thread I've stopped on so I will work my way forward to keep up with it.

Quick rant: I pre-ordered this (3 copies) as part of Target's buy two get one free promotion back in November. I just got an email saying that my order was canceled. I called customer support- and they can't tell me why it was canceled. All they could tell me is that there is zero way that they'll be willing to honor the promotion anymore and that the absolute best they'd be willing to do is 15% off one of them for the glitch in their system.

Bogus. Sours me on Target online purchases. Horrible customer service.

I'm thinking Best Buy/Gamers Club has the next best deal in a physical copy. We're really looking forward to this. I love the fact that apparently so much care has been put into this version. I loved the older GTA games- I think SA with the fan patches was the last time I really enjoyed one with no hassles. 4 had issues running right for me for quite a long time.

Portman

So do we want to plan a crew event for the weekend? That way everyone has a chance to get the game and spend some time acclimating with it before we jump into something? Perhaps some races, death matches etc? (I'm new to it so not sure what modes to suggest)

Goddaaaamn, that "Running, man" video was fucking amazing. Reminds me of how me and a guy used to do short-movies using the editor in GTA IV. We even made 3 episodes of a sitcom we tried to do in it. It was terrible but fuck me was it fun playing around with that stuff. Is that nuveem thing still active? Currently got no income at all but i think i could sell an album or something and then i might finally enjoy this as it should be enjoyed.

I will pass on the PC version. I have it on PS4 and I got bored with it really fast. Once you see everywhere its gets repitiive. It was fun for maybe 20 hours so not bad, not a waste but terribly overrated IMO.

I am playing Cities Skylines right now and am enjoying it quite a bit... my city is a hot mess though....

inky

LOL, I'd love to see that. One of the best computers I've ever assembled was an e8400 + 9800T. It lasted me like 5 years, OCd like mad and ran stuff flawlessly. I think I still have it (at least mobo+cpu+gpu+ram) in storage.

I'm still waiting to see if tis worth it with my 560ti. I forget, can you use 3 types of payment for Steam? Like combine Steam Wallet, Paypal, and a credit card.

I'm gonna be reasonable and go to bed now, but get up 2 hours earlier so I can play a bit, and avoid network issues as well :D That release time sucks for europe
See you on the other side

Human_me

I have a 2600k@4.4 but just an old fashioned HDD. Anything I can do to optimize on the hard drive side of things? How do I know what rpm my drive is?

CrystalDiskInfo That will tell you all you need about your HDD (what speed it is, any errors that it has etc)

As for optimising it, Just make sure you don't have loads of programs running in the background and you should be alright.
Though 60gb is a large amount of information. It will take time.

Dammit! My PC somehow shut down and rebooted abruptly while I was at work so now I have 4 hours to go on the download.

This was the last thing I needed today... damn.

Top Bottom