• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Gr8one

Welp reading this OT made me brake down and buy the game. Y'all hype me up too much. Hyyyyyyppe!

Should have it done downloading by the time it unlocks. Now to plan what i'm ordering for take out for the next few days because I don't think i'm going to have time to cook, maybe should take some sick days from work too!

lem0n

Quadruple-dipped, because FUCK IT. Played on PS3, 360, One, and now PC. Is on track to be done through Steam in about 2.5 hours. Gotta start compiling a playlist for the custom soundtrack.

Hype!

finally decided to bite at full cost but im stuck at work until an hour before release. Atleast I have a 100mb line at the house so I wont be too far behind everyone.

Bollocks

so walk me through it GAF, to decrypt the game I have to click play, as in it doesn't start automatically?
What happens if I have insufficient disk space?

Qassim

The servers are definitely going to crumble. The traffic probably won't even compare to the console versions and they've gone through two launches now, but even then, I don't think they'll cope with the load.

FrsDvl

So i've never been in a crew on the PS3 or Xbox One version of GTA V. How does it work, will it make it easy to play with crew members as it is to play with friends?

so walk me through it GAF, to decrypt the game I have to click play, as in it doesn't start automatically?
What happens if I have insufficient disk space?

If you don't have enough space it will tell you so when you try to decrypt the files and obviously it won't decrypt. You can then either move the encrypted files to another hard disc with sufficient space, instructions can be found here :-

http://gtaforums.com/topic/783134-h...fferent-drive-steam-version-diskspace-issues/

Alternatively once the game is released you can download the game again but this time the files won't be encrypted.

AmyS

s8MLbZL.jpg

Gr8one

I sent an invite for the gaf crew, names Gr8est1. Hope its alright for a junior, all my friends are console peasants so I got no one to play with.

Requested an invite.

It's almost time! I didn't get very far on PS3 because it just felt like poo. Looking forward to diving in and finishing it because V is the first I've started but never finished.

Spookie

Can someone send me a link to some alternative way of preloading this game? These download speeds are beyond dog shit, I'd be quicker asking a ferry to send the discs from China.

Edit: It would be literally quicker pirating this game than buying it release. What the fuck.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So is there a 6GB day one patch or no? Steam hasn't downloaded anything after the initial preload, but there was someone here saying something about a patch.

oneils

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftA...rked_some_places_for_the_pc_version_d/cq7z46z

My first language is French. Here are the key points:

People expected the PC version to be graphically superior to the PS4/Xbox One version, but nobody expected to be so blown away with such a staggering difference.

It's not a Ubisoft-style quick port of the console version, it's been reworked thoroughly to offer an unmatched experience on PC.

They felt like it was designed with bourgeois (very high-end) computers in mind, but there are a lot of graphics options to make sure it runs on just about any hardware.

Runs "perfectly" on older hardware (Core 2 Duo + 9800GT). No mention of which settings or resolution though.

FOV is greatly increased compared to the PS4/Xbox One version (which was increased compared to the PS3/360 version). For instance, he could see the whole map when jumping in parachute, without a tiny bit of aliasing.

No element pop-up or clipping, unlike the console versions.

New lighting system with different light diffraction

Some places were radically redesigned, for instance the Playboy Mansion's pool which used to be a rectangle and is now a wild river, complete with a stream a cave.

Supports 3D and dual/triple monitors.

Supports the PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers natively.
GTA Online supports up to 30 players + 2 spectators.

New radio station "The Lab FM" with completely new tracks. "Self radio" station allows list to your own MP3s.

Rockstar Editor offers manual recording, but also always keeps a buffer of the last 30 seconds.

Rockstar Editor offers plenty of options for editing, such as camera angles, transitions, blurs, DOF, lighting saturation. You can also add sounds including all audio files from the game itself (including sound effects, music and dialogs).

"Director Mode" allows to change the time of the day, weather, pedestrian/car traffic density. You can be any character (human or animal) and you can teleport.

7e3.jpg

This post might be all bull, but the part about no pop in just made me cave and triple dip.

Now I gotta bust out the ds4. Would a bluetooth receiver allow me to use it wirelessly on pc?

So is there a 6GB day one patch or no? Steam hasn't downloaded anything after the initial preload, but there was someone here saying something about a patch.

The 6gb patch is only applicable to Retail Disk versions. If you bought the game digitally then I believe there is a day one patch of around 58mbs to 300mbs.

Top Bottom