• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Dr.Acula

Banned
Not quite 1 hour left for me to play.

NvjIIRu.png

Qassim

If you have to click on something for it to start unlocking then I am boned.

It should unlock automatically, but it may not do it immediately. I'm pretty sure I've preloaded games in the past and come back to have them decrypted and ready to play. On Steam, that is.

remember when GTA V was announced 3 and a half years ago and people thought we'd play it on PC soon

I remember many people thinking the PC version would be out 6-8 months after the initial release

It should unlock automatically, but it may not do it immediately. I'm pretty sure I've preloaded games in the past and come back to have them decrypted and ready to play. On Steam, that is.

I purchased from Nuuvem so it's the RSC version. Right now it just shows the countdown and a cancel button.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
remember when GTA V was announced 3 and a half years ago and people thought we'd play it on PC soon

I'm just glad it's here now. Been working for like 14h today so was kinda looking forward to be playing a hour or two before passing out....aaaaand then I messed up by somehow thinking I was in a different timezone...going to be hard to stay awake. :/

kris.

Banned
So for the Steam version, it has to decompress before I can play or something? I'm confused. Pls explain. When will I be able to play my game?

Megauap

Taken from another forum, an user claims that he can run it maxed (except msaa because he doesn't have nvidia) at 1080p with: i5 3570k 8gb1600 7950 3gb

Megauap

I don't know if this is allowed (if not delete my post) but there is a way to download the 2 patches that Rockstar will put online when the game launches and play it right now.

So for the Steam version, it has to decompress before I can play or something? I'm confused. Pls explain. When will I be able to play my game?
In 52 minutes from now, just hit the Play button. It will be automatic. Then make a sandwich.

I'm guessing 30-60 minutes to unpack, though I really have no clue.

Steam has to decrypt 60gbs worth of data before it can apply the final update and finish the pre-load. How long that will take is dependant on your cpu and hard disc speed. It could be anywhere between 30 mins to an hour or two going by previous experiences.

Yeah I am seeing posts from people claiming to have the game running (retail disk version using links to Rockstars update servers). They are saying you get 60fps during the prologue but it drops to 30fps when you hit los santos.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yes, the data has to be decrypted. The process will begin automatically when the game unlocks in approximately 50 minutes.

BFIB

Would these specs hit 1080/60?

I7 2500K 2.5GHZ
8 GB ram
Nvidia 670 2GB vram

Thanks! Haven't really kept up on the PC specs, but I'm debating on this.

Wallach

Pre-loading now. I got work to do so I'm not worried about finishing before it launches.

Luckily my replacement XB1 controller just showed up today. First one from Amazon that arrived last week had a defective LB.

Looks like NVidia just released drivers for GTA V today.

Salsa

Turns out I had an invite from Salsa from like three years ago lol. Better late than never.

saw that, hah

max payne 3 multiplayer ended up with short legs. loadouts were really unbalanced and once I got tired of running silently with 2 uzis it got boring

Want to buy this but waiting on benchmarks, if I can't run this any better than my PS4 then I would rather not waste my money. Rocking an OC MSI 670 and a 4670K so fingers crossed!

Nzyme32

Rockstar already dealing out fixes -

How to Fix Problems Installing or Playing GTAV PC On Windows User Accounts Containing Certain Characters
13 APRIL - COMMUNITY
In preparation for launch, we have come across an issue with Windows usernames containing certain characters. Below is a solution for anyone that may be affected by this issue. For any other technical issues with GTAV whatsoever, please head to https://support.rockstargames.com.

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...s-User-Accounts-Containing-Certain-Characters

How to Fix Problems Installing or Playing GTAV PC On Windows User Accounts Containing Certain Characters

Question: I am having problems installing or playing GTAV PC, and my Windows username includes characters that are not in the table at the bottom of this page. Issues include an error message saying “The Rockstar update service is unavailable (code 1)”, or the game hanging while trying to download the update. How can I fix this?

Answer: We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

If you don’t want to wait for a fix, you need to create a new Administrator User Account for your Windows system that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic roman alphabet. For a full list of supported characters, see the table at the bottom of this page. Please note that simply renaming your current User Account will not correct this issue. To create the account, follow these instructions from Microsoft’s website:
Windows 8/8.1: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7
Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-vista
Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A a 0
B b 1
C c 2
D d 3
E e 4
F f 5
G g 6
H h 7
I i 8
J j 9
K k
L l
M m
N n
O o
P p
Q q
R r
S s
T t
U u
V v
W w
X x
Y y
Z z

oneils

Glad I updated my internet. Just chiming in on download time. Took 25 minutes to download the game ~35 MB/s ah yisss

Top Bottom