• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Salsa

zommg.gif

void666

Banned
"Connection to download server lost. Reconnecting..."

And when it reconnects the download speed is something around 20kb/s. Five hours left.

Good job rockstar.

Nzyme32

Final count for the pre-order stuff:

While it's unpacking on Steam, don't forget to go register the game to your SC account now to save you the trouble once you're in game!

I'm not doing this, simply because I have had plenty of instances where the whole thing goes wrong by not letting it ask you for the key, but doing it yourself via a means it doesn't directly expect. I'm gonna wait for the game to prompt me

antitrop

This is great, I forgot the fun of day one online game launches. It's funny, Valve doesn't get enough credit for how well the Half-Life 2 Steam launch went way back then.

Huh? I brought my boxed copy of Half-Life 2 home at 1pm on the day of release and couldn't even play it until after dinner.

bj00rn_

Banned
This is amazing. The download stopped at 6kb left (I'm not kidding), and then got an error message... Now dowloading again! Jesus

73V3N

Banned
just went to Steam\SteamApps\downloading\271590 while it unpacks and installed the _commonredist crap and social club

unpacking will finish in 12 hours

this is torment, fuck you steam. I know it wont really take hours, but i've already been waiting for 25 minutes

Nzyme32

Huh? I brought my boxed copy of Half-Life 2 home at 1pm on the day of release and couldn't even play it until after dinner.

Agreed. Took me a whole day via their customer service and my 56k modem connection. Horrible experience. Luckily over the decade they have come a long long way

Soroc

Connection to download server lost. Reconnecting......

Fuck.... I was 2/3 complete with the 353mb update.

Now it can't connect damnit. Server is fried

Alex

2TB WD green lol, Still never bought a SSD for my pc yet haha.

Those green drives, at least in my experience, can be really bad to play games on.

I accidentally installed something on one a couple months ago, I have one for a storage drive, and oh my god it ran so much worse until I moved it.

Top Bottom