• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Buzzbrad

5a57a9a415.png

So close!

Lost connection to the download server. It hasn't reconnected in the last five minutes. Guess I won't be playing today :/ Why is this happening on a game that had already been preloaded?

Qassim

Well.. I know that absolutely beautiful performance is possible! I'm not going to keep it at this 100-144fps though, I'm just going to get through the opening missions and then start tweaking with the settings.

970 GTX, 4.7ghz 4670k ran the benchmark at all maxed settings, ran flawlessly. Waiting for results it says, you failed the mission because you left your crew behind? Wat?

Soroc

If you are stuck at reconnecting, exit out altogether and launch again.

I was just hitting pause/retry and it wasn't connecting.

After exiting out completely and launching again it continues to download a bit before losing connection and repeating above.

Heigic

If you are stuck at reconnecting, exit out altogether and launch again.

I was just hitting pause/retry and it wasn't connecting.

After exiting out completely and launching again it continues to download a bit before losing connection and repeating above.

That worked a few times but now I'm downloading at a great 0 bytes / sec

JoeBoy101

Has this been posted:

Steam said:
Dear Steam Customer,

We recently learned of an issue that can impact players attempting to install Grand Theft Auto V on Windows PCs. For those experiencing this issue, you have three options available to you at this time.

First, Rockstar Games intends to have a fix for this issue soon.

Second, customers can try the manual work around detailed below.

Third, if neither of the above works for you, the self-refund tool will continue to be available until the official fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Please see below for more information from Rockstar Games, including details on the manual workaround.

The Steam Team

We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

If you don’t want to wait for a fix, you need to create a new Administrator User Account for your Windows system that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic roman alphabet. For a full list of supported characters, see the table at the bottom of this page. Please note that simply renaming your current User Account will not correct this issue. To create the account, follow these instructions from Microsoft’s website:

Windows 8/8.1:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8
Windows 7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7
Windows Vista:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-vista
We will update this support article with any new information as soon as we have it, including expected timing of a fix and whether you will be able to transfer progress on the newly-created Windows username over to your original Windows user account.

If you would like to receive an automatic update via email when there is more information about a fix, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Showed up when I restarted Steam.

Komo

Banned
My friend is telling me not to make a new RSC account and link my old one for returning-player content

... But I hate my old username so muuuuch. Guuuh.

DasFool

Anyone having an issue where some characters/objects have a blocky outline? Can't really post a photo, just looks like edges of surfaces/hair/etc. turn into squares.

Top Bottom