• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

lol. it seems here, steam made 3 copies of the game. one is encrypted, another one is the decripted version on the downloading(?) folder, and the last one is, i think, the copy of the decripted version. In total, it's using 180gb of my hdd :p

documents/rockstar games/gtav/user music is the user music folder
Thanks. will add that radio someone shared :)

oneils

Keep getting references to PlayGTA.exe, but I can't see such file in the install directory, only GTA5 and GTA5Laucher.

I tried moving the launcher to another directory and running an integrity check, will post results.

same here. i don't see that file anywhere. doing an integrity check as well. If that doesn't work gonna re download and play some mount and blade warband

edit

benchmark tool is so fucking bugged

you apparently have to finish the prologue first. maybe even the first mission after that?

Ziffles

6FxncVe.png

qcvKt7A.png

By the way, GTA V IS now the record owner for the non-Valve game with the most concurrent players on Steam.

144k now, about to surpass CS GO in current players.

BNGames

Hahaha, what the fuck? I tried to run a benchmark and I think it loaded up the single player with the benchmark and some weird glitchy shit happened where the benchmark would cut into the single player and I failed the first mission while benchmarking.

I recorded that, gonna upload it here in a minute

Zeth

these posts are scaring me guys -.-

I think it's pretty tame considering the circumstances. Shitloads of people trying to play on lots of different PCs. If you judge your purchases on forum anecdotes, this game will look like an utterly broken mess.

alife

Downloaded 353MB patch in 50 minutes. 352MB complete and RGSC goes ahead and deletes all of it. Welcome to the shit list Rockstar, sitting pretty along side with Ubisoft.

Sevenfold

same here. i don't see that file anywhere. doing an integrity check as well. If that doesn't work gonna re download and play some mount and blade warband

edit

you apparently have to finish the prologue first. maybe even the first mission after that?

Same, adn clicking the two existing exe's behaves the same if Steam is open or not.

Red Comet

I can't believe that GTA V has been my most anticipated release 3 years in a row now. Hope they don't find another way to release it next year.

kris.

Banned
This fucker eats vram like crazy. Had to tone down some settings, was up in the 3.7gb range and was getting ~20fps.

Also is vsync locked at 50fps? Odd choice.

Soroc

haha!

4th time is a charm. Finally beat that 353MB monster!

I paused the download with the last 10MB left waited 5 seconds and unpaused it and it went through this time. Have no idea if that matters but just sharing for others.

Derp

If anyone figures out how to get their racing wheel working with the game, PLEASE let me know. It doesn't detect it as a gamepad.

Tainted

I can't believe that GTA V has been my most anticipated release 3 years in a row now. Hope they don't find another way to release it next year.

GTAV Stories or a mobile version ?

Now with the PC version out the door...I hope they just focus on SP DLC now at this point.

bathsalts

Anyone had any luck getting their wheel to work? been fiddling with my g27, nothing yet. Great port otherwise, you'd be hard pressed not to achieve 60 fps on even modest hardware I imagine.

Derp

Anyone had any luck getting their wheel to work? been fiddling with my g27, nothing yet. Great port otherwise, you'd be hard pressed not to achieve 60 fps on even modest hardware I imagine.
I just asked that. Been trying to get my G27 to work with it as well. No luck.

MUnited83

For you.
lol 155k peak in just 2 hours...wtf...thats a million seller already
Only one million? Nah, I think it hit 1 million months ago on the preorder phase. This will definitely be close to three millions in the next week on Steam alone. And other three or more millions on other stores/retail.

eyefork

Neo Member
I was able to fix my launcher crashing issue by disabling my antivirus. Once I disabled it and ran GTA 5 again Social Club opened right up.

Are you fucking kidding me.

Uninstalled GTAV, uninstalled Rockstar Social Club. Tried to reinstall both. Game says it's "installed" without downloading anything.

Went on the Rockstar website to try using my activation code from GMG again. Their website crashes my browser. On the second attempt, it tells me the code is already activated.

So now I have no 60GB install, two installers that don't seem to create a launchable program between them, and no GTAV.

Refund time.

Game is DOA for me. Crashes straight away with either nothing or Launcher stop... Tried verifying/reinstalling SC/admin/no av/fw/comp mode. Launching the game by Steam and using launcher from root folder gives me the crash, launching with GTA5.exe gives me a 'use Playgtav.exe' message. Said file doesn't exist on my PC. WTF?
Same, I grabbed playGTAV.exe from a friend with the SGSC version (I have steam) and it just runs GTAVLauncher.exe, and the crashes as usual.

Question for anyone for whom it works on steam: Please tell us how big your GTALauncher.exe file is, I have a feeling the people for who it doesn't work have a bad install of this file.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
6FxncVe.png

qcvKt7A.png

By the way, GTA V IS now the record owner for the non-Valve game with the most concurrent players on Steam.

Skyrim is still the third-party game to beat; it peaked at 287k. Steam Charts' data just doesn't go that far back. If GTAV were a Steamworks game, though, there's a good chance it'd be the new non-Valve top dog.

Top Bottom