• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Nearly done with the 350MB download, again.

I swear if it restarts the download from the beginning again I'll,,, sit and stare at the downloader while holding myself and crying.

CoLaN

Silky smooth, looks really, really good and im loving the first person mode, plenty of cool animations and the immersion level/fun factor is through the roof

Been playing for about an hour and a half now, and things have been surprisingly smooth despite me using more VRAM than I actually have available. Shame to see so many struggle with even getting the game started, though.

Is there a good way to get an FPS counter going in the game?

Dr.Acula

Banned
This is honestly the worst PC game experience I have had in over a decade. Unbelievable.

I can't even log into their Web portal right now. Just says "An unexpected error occurred." No shit.

Now I'm redownloading the patch again. This is the worst game launch I've personally witnessed.

I'm still pretty sure it won't beat Diablo III for me. It's still DLing.

I hope I can play this tonight. If this DL doesn't work, I'm going to have serious data-cap concerns.

Moaradin

Really impressed with this port so far. Lots of graphical options and it seems well optimized.

Any way to get PS4 button prompts? It detects my PS4 controller right away without any weird software but it still shows xbox buttons.

daycru

Okay. So I go and start digging around in my files. I click PLAYGTAV.exe. It starts DOWNLOADING, starting from 18 gigs. I downloaded everything yesterday. I installed all of the patches. What in the God's name is it downloading? Fuck these people.

Awesome. I'm getting the exact same random pause bug that I had with Max Payne 3. I tried next to everything I could find on the net to fix that with no results. It made the game unplayable - looks like I may have just wasted 60 bucks.

kejigoto

Banned
Well just got home from work and figured any issues that had cropped up would have been dealt with by now and I could just simply launch the game and play single player. Expected there would be issues with the multiplayer but here we are and I can't even play the single player.

After waiting around for awhile the Steam launcher is telling me I've got over 45 minutes until I finish downloading around 226 MB which is left from my pre-load earlier last week yet Steam itself is telling me that my current download speed is 0.0 so unsure if anything is actually happening. Already tried restarting but it didn't really make that much of a difference.

All this extra development time, last platform to get to the title, and still nothing but issues at release. I am so disappointed right now... First time I've had issues with a single player game releasing on Steam like this.

TheRed

Just got home and patch downloaded completely in less than a minute. Feel sorry for you guys having trouble. And this is through RSC.

oneils

If rsc won't let you log in, just keep trying. It'll eventually let you.

what happened to me is after not being able to login the launcher would just crash. and then when relaunching it would crash again without even being prompted to login.

Bamboo Boy

Neo Member
DAMN... I just wanted to play this game, but it's impossible when the Launcher crashes. I hope Rockstar can solve this issue by tomorrow...

Carlius

Banned
Really impressed with this port so far. Lots of graphical options and it seems well optimized.

Any way to get PS4 button prompts? It detects my PS4 controller right away without any weird software but it still shows xbox buttons.

when are we gonna watch ippo man? stop falling asleep and playing gta lets finish that shit.

Weird. Got home. Downloaded the patch in 5 minutes, game started right up.
Was expecting more trouble considering all of the issues people seem to be having in here.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I have a GTX 670 and this runs great. Not max settings, but its still high. Grass is ultra XD 60 fps goodness. It's a great port! Every time I take screens with fraps it discolors the screens :/

2GB or 4?

Finished downloading the patch. Restarting downloading the patch. Motherfucker.

Dawg

Salsa, this OT is a sham.

I don't know what you were thinking, but this low key OP is awful. I expected a professional PR work that took at least a week to make, including massive banners and enough text to fill a book with. Instead, we got a single animated banner and a stupid .gif of someone crashing. I don't even have to scroll twice to get to the second post. I can honestly say this is the worst OT I've seen in months, if not years.

I'm not even buying this game on PC but I just felt like you had to know. The OT community on NeoGAF is made up of people who make the most professional looking threads on GAF. We simply can't have OTs like this. Makes us look bad. Now everyone will think this is all it takes to be an official thread creator. It lowers our standards.

Not sure what else to say. I think you're a pretty cool poster in general, but this is just disappointing.

Salsa, this OT is a sham.

I don't know what you were thinking, but this low key OP is awful. I expected a professional PR work that took at least a week to make, including massive banners and enough text to fill a book with. Instead, we got a single animated banner and a stupid .gif of someone crashing. I don't even have to scroll twice to get to the second post. I can honestly say this is the worst OT I've seen in months, if not years.

I'm not even buying this game on PC but I just felt like you had to know. The OT community on NeoGAF is made up of people who make the most professional looking threads on GAF. We simply can't have OTs like this. Makes us look bad. Now everyone will think this is all it takes to be an official thread creator. It lowers our standards.

dawg get back to being spammed for free ps4s on twitter we're too busy viral marketing here

gta:eek: down for anyone else?

First-person on-foot controls are miles more responsive than third-person. And better because you can strafe, spin around, and do a cartwheel without waiting for your slow ass character to get his ass into gear.

Top Bottom