• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Here's hoping 3rd time's a charm with the update. Haven't touched it this time, no pausing, no exiting the launcher.

The opening cutscene of Online keeps fucking up - it's not loading the scenery properly when it gets to the driving part, and it keeps stopping on the logo. Goddamn it, Rockstar.

Denton

Well... the launcher instantly crashes with no error, and directly running the GTAV exe just tells me to run PlayGTA.exe, which is not anywhere in the install folder. and everything validated just fine.

This is just...

lol

For me it crashes the same way if I try to run it from Steam (as nonsteam shortcut).
Running shortcut from start menu works normally.

Tenck

Finally found a solution to the problem I was having when the process would run and then die within seconds.

551b71a031.jpg

I get this though. I hope they fix it soon.

rizzo0

Any idea how I can restart the download where it left off? It's like now that the game is unlocked it doesn't want to back to the downloader again. I have a bad feeling I'm going to have to delete my folder and start again from scratch

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Yuck, what is this the ps2 generation? Parked my truck in the desolate forest road, walked two feet away to a tractor driving over to me as I wanted to test it with something, turn around and my truck is just vanished =/

Anybody running a 760? I'm thinking of double dipping but I wonder what I'm gonna get if I decide to buy it. What settings can it run at 60FPS? Is the game CPU heavy? Mine's a bit old at this point.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
The updater speeds are confusing. Start up and get like 1-3mb/s then once you get near 150-200mb dl'd it tanks down to 500-200 kb/s. Then when you get to within <100mb of being finished it tanks further down to like 70-25kb/s.

Anybody running a 760? I'm thinking of double dipping but I wonder what I'm gonna get if I decide to buy it. What settings can it run at 60FPS? Is the game CPU heavy? Mine's a bit old at this point.

I have a 970m which is kinda similar I think. I'm running mostly very high with no msaa and getting 59fps. Runs great

TSM

I'm glad they included the calibration screen at the start of the game. If you have a properly calibrated monitor then the appropriate setting appears to be the notch right before it's all the way down.

It finally let me download the update, after two hours.

FPS mode on the PC is perfect. The controls are exactly what you'd expect, it all comes to you naturally. The port itself seems fantastic, much better than GTA IV anyway. Very happy so far.

antitrop

It finally let me download the update, after two hours.

FPS mode on the PC is perfect. The controls are exactly what you'd expect, it all comes to you naturally. The port itself seems fantastic, much better than GTA IV anyway. Very happy so far.
I'm hard. My game just finished installing and I'm launching it now.

installed the game a second time and social club just keeps crashing cant even login. booooo!
Did it a third time for luck. Cleaned everything out, including using regedit. Redownloaded the installers from the link Rockstar supplied. Turned off my antivirus, added the .exes as exceptions for luck, then ran than as administrator. Installed RSC. Ran the GTAV setup tool. It filled up a bar and then closed itself.

I then ran the desktop shortcut as administrator. It showed the splash... and then closed itself.

LAA

Finally found a solution to the problem I was having when the process would run and then die within seconds.

551b71a031.jpg

I get this though. I hope they fix it soon.

Think I'm having the same problem...
After it finished downloading the 60GB game, I got this page, I pressed retry and it disappeared and can't get it work since, tried pressing the GTA short, the playGTAV.exe and GTAV.exe, nothing loading, just the quick GTA V "cover art" image appearing, then disappearing and nothing happening...

EDIT: Just tried that "Saga Launcher File", it did get me back onto the social games launcher?, then wanted me to run the pre-launcher, GTA cover page with a loading bar at the bottom, filled up and nothing happened again...
I did notice the launcher was 12MB from Saga and my original was 19, then after the pre-launcher it went back to 19MB again... I'm thinking its something wrong with the servers at this point.

Hip Hop

I think it's still too early to say, especially as heaps of people are still having trouble running it, but I sure hope so.

Yeah, you're right.

It's just unbelievable how smooth the game is with my hardware and my intial experience with it. Currently in game with some friends and everything is going well and so many extra features added just for PC, it's crazy.

Lingitiz

This Rockstar Social Club bullshit is probably the worst thing I've dealt with in a modern PC game launch. So dumb. To force me to not only reinstall 60 GB but delete my other Rockstar games is fucking insanely backwards.

Ziffles

BTW if anyone was wondering, this game does do 120hz.

I'll chime in with performances when in the main game and once the benchmark isn't fucked, but so far got solid 120 in the intro mission on a 5930k stock with single 970 @1080p, high settings.

edit: 90-100 so far in the city. Not too shabby.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Anyone else having an issue getting a non-Steam copy of the game to run through a Steam shortcut? Added it as a Non-Steam game, but when I double click on it, it just shows the GTA5 screen for 4-5 seconds and the stops. Never had this issue running a non-Steam version of a game through Steam before, was hoping to stream it.

Same issue here. Anyone?

Top Bottom