• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

devonodev

All the server issues and the crashing people are having are annoying, and that was to be expected.

But that benchmark bug is hilarious, all those delays and they still miss something simple as that.

Hip Hop

does it still count if thousands of people can't run the launcher?

Oh wow, did not know that was happening. Even the Steam versions?

I believe we shouldn't judge the game on that though, in game is playing amazingly.

The initial launch could have been handled better, yes, on that I agree. But the gameplay is what I'm judging it on and that so far is flawless.

Novoitus

Banned
b850e03118.jpg

friend keeps getting this when trying to play online. anyone else having the same problem?

LAA

I don't even think I got the update to even start downloading, just can't progress to that page... Just nothing is happening, even after replacing with that "saga launcher file", it just loads the pre-launcher again after checking the release date, which leads to, again nothing. Think I'm giving up for today and hoping its fixed in the morning (nearly 3am here)

Red Comet

Man, the Rockstar client sucks. It keeps forcing me to redownload the same 300 MB update at a snail's pace.

edit: looks like the third time is a charm

Salsa, this OT is a sham.

I don't know what you were thinking, but this low key OP is awful. I expected a professional PR work that took at least a week to make, including massive banners and enough text to fill a book with. Instead, we got a single animated banner and a stupid .gif of someone crashing. I don't even have to scroll twice to get to the second post. I can honestly say this is the worst OT I've seen in months, if not years.

I'm not even buying this game on PC but I just felt like you had to know. The OT community on NeoGAF is made up of people who make the most professional looking threads on GAF. We simply can't have OTs like this. Makes us look bad. Now everyone will think this is all it takes to be an official thread creator. It lowers our standards.

Not sure what else to say. I think you're a pretty cool poster in general, but this is just disappointing.
Is this a joke post? I can't tell

Nuts to marketing infodumps. I always feel slimy after reading one of those threads.
Thank you, this guy gets it.

OT: other than installation issues, how solid is the game technically?
Any issues on amd gpus (or amd cpus)?
Any framepacing (stutter) issues in general?

SZips

In GTA Online me and a friend are having an issue where we cannot see each other as online. I see other Social Club friends as online, but not him.

Any ideas on this one or is it just due to the servers probably being hammered atm?

oneils

I do notice that there is a lot of discussion about a "playGTAV.exe" file. But I don't have that file. I only have an exe file called GTAVLauncher and GTA5

Saganator

After experiencing GTA Online's release on PS4, and the heist patch a month or so ago, I've learned to not even bother trying to play GTA Online on launch. Just save yourself the frustration and wait a day or two to go online.

oneils

RSC launcher says the update server is down for me.

And I launch directly from Steam. No shortcuts.

doesn't work for me. replaced the launcher file in my gtav folder. then I launch from steam, enter my social club info and the launcher crashes.

How long do you think it will be before it will be on steam sale/gmg sale. I want to get it for PC for the fact it would finally push my PC but it would be triple dipping for it and I've only got friends who play gta:eek: on ps4

So pre-loaded on steam, and when trying to update the game constantly crashed right on start up. So I then downloaded Rockstar Social Club from the Rockstar site since the steam version didn't seem to install it on its own. And now when I start up the game I can log into the social club and it moves onto a second screen where a patch would presumably downloads and then the GTAV Launcher just crashes and all I get is a Grand Theft Auto V Launcher has Stopped Working error.

Been fiddling with this for over an hour now, any one have any suggestions.

Portman

I sent out a batch of invites. If I missed you let me know and I'll get you added in the morning after I get to work if the others don't get you sooner.

Hopefully the chaos has subsided by this time tomorrow. Going to be a loooong day for me at work waiting to go pick this up at the end of the day and then get it installed. I'll be watching the thread tomorrow to add people too and trying not to drool over reports of the game.

oneils

Did it a third time for luck. Cleaned everything out, including using regedit. Redownloaded the installers from the link Rockstar supplied. Turned off my antivirus, added the .exes as exceptions for luck, then ran than as administrator. Installed RSC. Ran the GTAV setup tool. It filled up a bar and then closed itself.

I then ran the desktop shortcut as administrator. It showed the splash... and then closed itself.

its strange. must be something very specific to our setups? i dunno. or its just social club not working for us.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I can't believe how nice this is running on a 2 gig 670. I'm not dropping frames at all. Using the steam overlay fps display and I don't think it's moved once since the intro sequence when I lowered some stuff.

Hats off to Rockstar. It's so good in 60 fps.

Glad I passed on this twice.

Salsa

moved my whole steamapps folder to another drive

moved the appmanifest_271590.acf

restarted steam

now I launch the game and I get "missing executable"

tell me I can fix this

docbon

Did it a third time for luck. Cleaned everything out, including using regedit. Redownloaded the installers from the link Rockstar supplied. Turned off my antivirus, added the .exes as exceptions for luck, then ran than as administrator. Installed RSC. Ran the GTAV setup tool. It filled up a bar and then closed itself.

I then ran the desktop shortcut as administrator. It showed the splash... and then closed itself.

Getting the splash screen into nothingness as well.

Sad days ._.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Ohh joy for ERR_FIL_PACK3. Great so one of the files I downloaded is bad, good thing the launcher/updater doesn't take note of which one so now I have to redownload the entire 60gb of the game instead of just one of the dozen or so files it's broken up into. Real smart Rockstar.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Is there any way to save without going to a safe house? The little tool tip mentioned some kind of save key but failed to mention what that key was and I don't see anything in the key bindings.

Wallach

Just did the intro mission(s). Haven't messed with any graphics settings so far but it was 60 FPS throughout the whole thing at default and looks great.

Going to try the new 1-click optimized settings through GeForce Experience and see how that runs real quick.

Top Bottom