• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

JoeBoy101

After dumping about 2 hours in, this is easily Rockstar's best PC game/port, and possibly the best game of theirs that I have played. First person mode is the fucking best, especially in shootouts. Game runs silky smooth on my 2500K, 970, with everything jacked up except for a couple of the Advanced Settings.

And that's not even getting into the game itself. Best realized city I have seen in a game period.

Lastly, the exchanges between Franklin and Lamar are cracking my ass up.
Chief Sitting Asshole

bakeray

Is there any way to save without going to a safe house? The little tool tip mentioned some kind of save key but failed to mention what that key was and I don't see anything in the key bindings.
Press the up key on your keyboard and pick quick save on your cell phone.

atomico

My 4770k + 780ti are managing 60ish @1080p, at whatever config GeForce Experience set up. I tried cranking up the advanced stuff and the game died.

RS servers are getting hammered, I guess. Managed to complete a single online missiom, but it's been broken ever since. I can run around in the world, but it's a laggy mess (I could sprint and catch my own bullets). Trying to get tattoos or clothing pops up a connection error. It must be christmas for glitches and exploits.

Salsa

huh

restarted steam like 3 times and on the fourth it worked. guess I don't have to download again

also worth noticing (and it might be due to my other drive being 5400rpm) but on first impression moving to the SSD seems to have improved performance quite a bit. not just load times.

This game has perhaps THE best mouse aiming I have ever felt. It is so, so smooth and SO accurate. You can snipe people off bikes in high speed chases with this. I love it :D

epmode

Oh lord, I'm glad I waited for this. And I don't know how I avoided practically all marketing material but it's pretty great being surprised by all of the ridiculous features.

And unless something goes seriously wrong later, Rockstar knocked this port out of the park.

kris.

Banned
God, the draw distance in this is incredible. Hanging out over Los Santos and being able to see Mt. Chiliad and some towns surrounding it clear as day is something else.

RK9039

gta52015-04-1403-46-4v6aze.jpg

oh sheeeit

kris.

Banned
Anyone know where I can get that Nightride FM playlist? The one on the YouTube page is corrupt and I really wanna jam some of this stuff.

drotahorror

I heard the PC has upgraded body damage (like damage from shooting someone etc). Can anyone confirm?

*hopes for Max Payne 3 type damage.

Okay that is the issue. It doesn't see my music. It is just two Mp3..

I did Full Scan and not the Quick Scan for music (no idea what the difference is)...on the Audio settings is Self Radio set to Off or anything? And are you sure you're putting the music in the correct folder?

What the hell is going on with the Benchmark? It seems to be confused about running the benchmark and starting the actual game.

Eventually it says Mission Failed :/

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
What the hell is going on with the Benchmark? It seems to be confused about running the benchmark and starting the actual game.

Eventually it says Mission Failed :/

I actually thought the Mission Failed screen was part of the benchmark.

Sarcasm

I did Full Scan and not the Quick Scan for music (no idea what the difference is)...on the Audio settings is Self Radio set to Off or anything? And are you sure you're putting the music in the correct folder?

This is my path: C:\Users\Andee\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\User Music

Music is:
Nightride.mp3
Nightride2.mp3

No extra folders or files in it. Though I did this while in game. Will check again after my short break.

zychi

Banned
cheapest place to buy this for steam? i thought best buy sold digital steam cards so i was going to use my rewards points, but they dont.

Plumpman

Anyone having issues with Ds4 using ds4tool?

When I have a gun equipped its always "aimed" like left trigger is stuck. Doesn't allow me to take cover as a result.

Turned shadows and tesselatiom down to high, the rest is maxed, and its running like a charm!

epmode

Is this ridiculous iFruit app not working with the PC version yet? I only see options for consoles when I sign in to the app. GOTTA TRAIN CHOP

This is my path: C:\Users\Andee\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\User Music

Music is:
Nightride.mp3
Nightride2.mp3

No extra folders or files in it. Though I did this while in game. Will check again after my short break.

I put the files in the folder out of the game completely then did the scan from the menu you get to select story mode, online, settings, etc...it could be that those mp3's are too big for it to recognize though since those are like an hour long or something...no idea

Is this ridiculous iFruit app not working with the PC version yet? I only see options for consoles when I sign in to the app. GOTTA TRAIN CHOP

The iFruit app hasn't been updated yet...it won't show the PC option until it does

Tenck

Anyone with and Nvidia GPU who's had problems with the game just not booting up at all (no launcher or anything), I found a fix.

Requires you to disable your GPU before you launch the game.

Pretty simple: Disable GPU, Hit play until it asks you if you want to launch GTA V or GTA Online. Then once you hit to "Play GTA V" quickly enable your GPU and you should be set.
986869a167.png

I did it with the original launcher I downloaded from Steam too. I tried the other launcher trick but it never worked.

Hope I helped someone.

Top Bottom