• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

etta

my hard graphic balls
So, I have been playing this for about two hours online. I completed the Fleeca heist from start to finish, and screwed around for another hour or so. My god. There are no words.

The 60fps is an incredibly massive improvement for GTA Online. Not only that, but for my 2500K/680/16GB RAM, there are no dips from 60fps. I have mostly everything maxed out in graphical settings, with some settings off or turned down, but in general most of everything is turned on.

What an amazing experience an optimized GTA Online gives. I am so sad my Xbox One copy is digital, oh well, I will play with some of the Xbox only friends on it I suppose.

antitrop

Played for an hour and my mind is absolutely fucking BLOWN. This is easily one of the best PC ports I've ever played.

1080p/pretty much maxed settings (4x MSAA/TXAA)/60fps 99% of the time.

i7-2600k@4.4GHz
GTX 970 FTW+
16GB RAM

Already played it on 360 and PS4 and it's insane how much more detailed it is. It's another generational leap. From PS4 to PC feels like the same jump as from 360 to PS4 (and even then some).

All I need is a wider maximum FoV.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Played for an hour and my mind is absolutely fucking BLOWN. This is easily one of the best PC ports I've ever played.

i7-2600k@4.4GHz
GTX 970 FTW+
16GB RAM

Already played it on 360 and PS4 and it's insane how much more detailed it is. It's another generational leap. From PS4 to PC feels like the same jump as from 360 to PS4 (and even then some).

This. I honestly can't even express how amazing of a port this is. Runs rock solid 60fps with settings appropriate for my rig.

You had got to be fucking kidding me. Log into and link R* social club, find my account has a name I don't remember giving it, and now for some reason my account is locked due to too many failed login attempts which cockblocks me from getting in game.

FUCK, and it's too late to just make a new account, my R* social club account is already linked with my Steam account.

epmode

How's the switching back and forth between controller and mouse+kb?

Pretty seamless.

I'm only missing a few things from the port:

• Disable chromatic aberration option
  • Wider FOV option
  • Boost volume on custom radio station (my Hotline Miami soundtracks are quiet compared to the built-in music)
Aside from that minor stuff, this is a stellar port. Night and day difference from GTA4.

btw this still exists

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/neogang_pc

we made it for Max Payne 3

65oBB5b.png

and guess who leads

pvJvJ9T.png

PRAISE

probably easier to use that for GTAV as well since there's already 30 of us in there
Request is still pending, let me in guys.

HereticJ

Nuuvem key worked perfectly been playing since 5pm PST or so. I7 3930k, 2GB 770, 16GB DDR3 and runs like a charm. Only noticed a dip once running nvidia recommended settings and I expected a lot more considering it's running 500MB over my VRAM limit. Online didn't even connect so I've just been doing SP. Haven't gotten DS4 to work but even driving is pretty great with KB/M. Oh and tip for those using custom music: you don't have to put the full album with mp3s in the rock star/your music folder, shortcuts to those folders is fine.

Been playing the last 4 hours. Enjoying it, both story and online play. I've got SLI 970's and sometimes the fames just crash to around 15 in cut scenes. Anyone have a preformance guide or know if one is coming soon because its kinda a joke when just driving normally its 60FPS then the next its 40.

Compsiox

Banned
Been playing the last 4 hours. Enjoying it, both story and online play. I've got SLI 970's and sometimes the fames just crash to around 15 in cut scenes. Anyone have a preformance guide or know if one is coming soon because its kinda a joke when just driving normally its 60FPS then the next its 40.

People are apparently doing 4x msaa and TXXA and no antiscoptic filtering?

Playing on an i5 4670k, 16GB Memory, SSD, Asus Strix 970.

Playing at 1080. ALMOST all settings maxed in windowed borderless mode. For the most part the FPS hovers at about 70s. Every now and then it will dip to 45 but shoot right back up. I did keep the advanced graphics settings off, long shadows etc. Game is estimating I am using about 2800MB video memory.

Game is far far more enjoyable than on the consoles. So glad I sold my X1 copy last week. Totally worth it.

Edit: Just reviewed some recordings. During the action chasing the Yacht I was at between 55-63 FPS. Pretty impressed with how optimized the game is.

Shit. Just realized I added my key to my old social club account and not the one with gta 5 data attached to it. I'm out of luck for the returning player bonuses right?

eyefork

Neo Member
Do the characters still have the garages where they can store 4 vehicles and spawn special vehicles? Do they just appear after x amount of missions?

I traded in my PS3 version a few months ago so I forget if these are available from the beginning or not.

Saturday

Just hopped unto the train via Nuuvem, but I can't even download the game, playgtav.exe opens up and then quits immediately. After a hour or two of troubleshooting, still not really sure what's going on, but S' alright, I'm just going to wait a day or two. I might not be able to play, but that still puts me with a bunch of people on the bandwagon, and I guess that's what I wanted in the end.

but nah I'm pretty bummed.

Sullichin

I am stupid and bought this from GMG without realizing it's not the Steam version.

There's no way to get a Steam code from this right? Now I can't use in home streaming fuckkkk :( One of the reasons I bought this.

Compsiox

Banned
This game is so fucking amazing. I'm honestly in shock that it even exists. There is just soooo much to do and neverstops being fun.

i7-2600k@4.4GHz
GTX 970 FTW+
16GB RAM

Generation leap? Wow.
I think it'll make a great OT title, another generation leap. :D

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I am stupid and bought this from GMG without realizing it's not the Steam version.

There's no way to get a Steam code from this right? Now I can't use in home streaming fuckkkk :( One of the reasons I bought this.

Yeah you can. Just add the game to Steam. I play Dolphin (Wii emulator) games from Steam In-Home Streaming.

EDIT: I need to get a CPU I can overclock. My dumbass bought an i5-2500 (notice the k is missing >_>)

Josman

So I saw a youtube video where the game is running at 1600 x 900 high settings 55-80fps with an i5 4670 and a zotac 750ti, that is pretty amazing, I guess I'm still gonna wait for the Oculus Rift / Vive to upgrade my 750ti.

Oh, goddamn it, I've just realized that Vinewood Blvd is broken. Broken LODs, and so much as trying to pass through it breaks the game. So it's not just online, then. ARGH.

The game otherwise runs well, but the game-breaking bugs are frustrating as hell.

zychi

Banned
How do I add my steam game/steam account to the Rockstar Social Club? I only see Windows Live (lol) and console games.

Wallach

How do I add my steam game/steam account to the Rockstar Social Club? I only see Windows Live (lol) and console games.

I didn't see it on the website anywhere. Once I loaded the game though the first thing that pops up is the Social Club window and once you log in it'll ask you to link your Steam account, which it handles right there.

AmyS

i7-2600k@4.4GHz
GTX 970 FTW+
16GB RAM

This is what I had been thinking for some time, for like a month or so before the PS4 version came out. Especially for those that have really top-end specs even higher than what you have. i.e. 2/3 way SLI (780 Tis, 980s or Titans) that can play with completely maxed out settings (including the advanced stuff) at 4K on a single screen or, alternatively, triple screen 3D, either at 60+ FPS. To me that would represent a generational leap beyond the PS4 version.

GAMERG0D

So this is the first graphically intensive game I've run on my PC.
i7 4790K
GTX 970
16 GB RAM

I've been alt-tabbing out of the game every now and then but this time it crashed the game. Probably shouldn't do that.

Otherwise this game is a great port (Steam). Played the first heist and had some lag issues, not sure if it was my friend since I haven't played with him on any other games before. Enemies had like 4x their normal health, but we still beat it.

I've only done the first couple missions so I can't give any type of full opinion until I get to go through more of the map but so far so good. I'll play more tomorrow and see what happens. Real life butted in today and pretty much killed any mood I had for playing.

Self Radio isn't showing up for me. And what is the new station that just came out with the PC version called?

The Lab is the new station

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nope. Consider it a lesson learned and buy the Steam version on sale.

Edit: Oh, didn't catch the bit about IHS. It generally works with non-Steam shortcuts, too, so there's that.

zychi

Banned
I didn't see it on the website anywhere. Once I loaded the game though the first thing that pops up is the Social Club window and once you log in it'll ask you to link your Steam account, which it handles right there.

Awesome! Thanks. I'm currently downloading it, so i obviously havent seen that screen yet.

Dinjoralo

So, about that iFruit app. Is there just no way to connect it to the PC version?
The game seems to run kiiiinda crummy for me, but it's far better than, say, Watch_Dogs. I wish the UI wasn't crammed to the corners of the screen though.

MUnited83

For you.

If you add it to Steam has a non-steam game you can still use in-home streaming I think, unless there's a conflict with Social Club.

So, about that iFruit app. Is there just no way to connect it to the PC version?
The game seems to run kiiiinda crummy for me, but it's far better than, say, Watch_Dogs. I wish the UI wasn't crammed to the corners of the screen though.

The iFruit app has to be updated before it can be synced to the PC. It was the same way before the PS4/XB1 versions came out. I was expecting them to update it today but it wasn't. Hopefully tomorrow it will be.

Top Bottom