• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

I was so excited for this game, but at the same time I was hesitant since I'm still using my old 6870. Unfortunately, I had to get a refund since the game is virtually unplayable for me. The game ran at 40fps max, usually stayed right around 30. This would be perfectly acceptable for me, except that I had to crank every single setting to its lowest and lower my resolution in order to get a decent framerate.

I could tell that it was an amazing port and of course a fantastic game, but my hardware just didn't cut it at all. 1GB of video memory is really nothing nowadays. I've been looking forward to it for weeks, too, which made it even more sour of a decision to get my money refunded. Oh well. I just need to scrounge up $500 somehow.

After preloading for the last 3 days I feel like a herb....No one told me Steam's Japanese download servers are the shit! I went from 20 to 3 hours after switching.

CHC

Holy shit this game....

Climbing up the half built tower crane for like 20 minutes as Franklin, looking around until I see my house, jumping off and parachuting straight into my own driveway.

Sooooo good.

antitrop

The keyboard and mouse controls are fucking SPOT ON.

I played the PS4 version entirely in first-person, but had to rely on auto-aim. Now I can actually play this like a real FPS.

Game changer. Again.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Played a bit online and had a bunch of fun.

I'm on a 660ti and pretty much set everything at normal. Runs pretty smooth except when I get going fast in the car. Having a bunch of fun. Played a versus mission 3v3 where at one point there must have been like a 20 car pileup with a bunch of police.

SliChillax

There are settings to change this.

I recommened every one spend some time in the control settings. You can customize just about anything you can think of.
I have, with acceleration and deadzone set to minimum, no matter how high I put the sensitivity it's too low. I have to increase the acceleration to get the camera moving but it's really annoying it keeps moving.

Gotta say playing a modern GTA game in 60fps feels weird and amazing. Will be very hard to go back to 30 for the inevitable GTA6 console first edition. :/

Also maxed out traffic density is amazing, what a difference.

Anustart

Minimized to desktop and when I came back the game ran like shit. Other than that it performs flawlessly on my 3570k and 4gb gtx 760. Really glad I went for the 4gb as I'm using about 3gb of it running the game.

I'm absolutely blown away. Never played the game or watched any videos, it's insanely gorgeous.

kris.

Banned
Two questions:

- Are we getting all of the DLC vehicles/guns/whatever that the console versions have? Noticed I've only got the Elegy RH8 in my garage.

- Is Steam Overlay not working for anyone else? Can't bring it up and can't take any pictures.

Derp

Was playing single player, saw a completely customised Massacro drive past and freaked out. Garage'd that shit instantly.

The fact that you can find fully tuned up cars driving around now is just the best thing ever. I was begging for something like that when I was playing on PS3.

Mainly shocked my 780ti is actually destroying the game at 1440p. Good job Rockstar.

I paid full price for this with a pre-order. Preloaded as soon as it was available. Upgraded my graphics drivers on my PC remotely. Played the game for 30 minutes and then put it down. I don't know if I'll ever play it again.

I don't know why I do this to myself.

Vintage

ok I just woke up and tried playing it, I'm constantly getting "The game failed to connect to internet" message from rsc launcher.

Does this happened to anyone else? halp pls

edit nvn I fixed it.

Sarcasm

I feel really dumb, but what folder do I put my music in for the custom radio?

\Users\[Username]\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\User Music

Make sure your not ingame when doing this or it doesn't work.

Once ingame go to settings > audio > full scan.

Than it should be under Self Radio.

antitrop

Minimized to desktop and when I came back the game ran like shit. Other than that it performs flawlessly on my 3570k and 4gb gtx 760. Really glad I went for the 4gb as I'm using about 3gb of it running the game.

I'm absolutely blown away. Never played the game or watched any videos, it's insanely gorgeous.

Ya, it's a bug. Same thing happened to me. When you alt-tab from fullscreen, it sets itself to 59Hz, instead of 60. Changing it back to 60 in the options fixed it.

Blizzard

Banned
I paid full price for this with a pre-order. Preloaded as soon as it was available. Upgraded my graphics drivers on my PC remotely. Played the game for 30 minutes and then put it down. I don't know if I'll ever play it again.

I don't know why I do this to myself.
Do you not like the style of game?

If so, it could be that you are affected by excited people on forums. Perhaps a sort of peer pressure effect?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
The piano car remains one of my favorite GTA videos.

The fact that there's a Director Mode in GTAV which itself has a lot of areas and toys to work with already in vanilla, I see no excuse in the actual Vanessa Carlton video not being remade.

antitrop

does the PC release of the game cement GTA V place as one of the greatest games of all time..what is your guys opinion
Yes, I think this might be enough to bump it into my all-time Top 10. If I had to jot down a list, it probably would have been somewhere in the high-teens based on the two previous console versions.

scitek

God DAMN it, Rockstar. Why bother with an offline mode...

offlinezyb63.jpg

if you're going to make it always online anyway? Fuckheads.

drm29bov.jpg

Hope no one's internet connection is spotty or you won't even be playing single player. smfh

Blizzard

Banned

offlinezyb63.jpg

drm29bov.jpg

Hope no one's internet connection is spotty or you won't even be playing single player. smfh
Have you activated it yet? That seems to imply that a (one-time) online connection is required for activation, which is true for tons of games as far as I know.

Unless you've already activated it and the message is just in error, of course.

devonodev

offlinezyb63.jpg

drm29bov.jpg

Is it your first time playing? I think they said it required online activation for the first time only.

scitek

Have you activated it yet? That seems to imply that a (one-time) online connection is required for activation, which is true for tons of games as far as I know.

Unless you've already activated it and the message is just in error, of course.

Is it your first time playing? I think they said it required online activation for the first time only.

No, I've logged in and out several times already. It's probably a bug, but it needs to be fixed.

Cramoss

Is there any way to just walk on first person mode using keyboard/mouse?

It automatically switches to running on fps mode.

Top Bottom