• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Sarcasm

Okay so money is separate between online and single player?

What is the recommend use out of it? I know this probably has been asked a few times, but would like a rehash.

ninanuam

Banned
Money in multi is used for everything buying houses, cars guns, bullets, food, clothes, insurance costs

Yes you have to buy ammo, and vests. there just isn't enough on corpses.

earning cash is pretty easy but the beginning can be a drag. the free mil from pre ordering will probably get you a nice car and a appt with a heist board. Maybe a few outfits as well.

In single player well... Depending on how U rock the stock market all purchases become meaningless. Some businesses U buy do open new missions though.

FrsDvl

Okay so money is separate between online and single player?

What is the recommend use out of it? I know this probably has been asked a few times, but would like a rehash.

Buy an expensive apartment, you'll need it for heists, buy a fast car as well.

Other than that, weapons, since you'll need those as well.

ss_lemonade

So I was running the game just fine. Finished the prologue then exited the game and got some dinner. Came back and now all I get is "The GTA V launcher has stopped working". wtf??

SlickVic

One little thing I love about the GTA Online character creator is you can tilt the face to the side and edit the character. Now other games probably have that as well, but it really helps minimize the whole "my character looks great from the front, but a deformed monster from the side".

Corpekata

Banned
Are Strangers and Freaks time dependent or random? Was about to approach one on Micheal and it blinked out of existence just as I was nearing.

Sullichin

Damn, non-steam version crashes when I try to launch it through Steam. Guess I won't be able to use in home streaming. Game runs amazingly well though.

Ultimadrago

The game is playing 60 fps (including driving) on my machine! So pumped. It's not on all Max, but it's hitting enough highs to keep me satisfied as far as visuals are concerned. Now to get the Optimus patch so I don't have to go through Device Manager shit to play each time.

can you change in car FOV in this?

Not that I know of, car FOV is pitifully low, keep crashing into things since I can't see shit.

The game is playing 60 fps (including driving) on my machine! So pumped. It's not on all Max, but it's hitting enough highs to keep me satisfied as far as visuals are concerned. Now to get the Optimus patch so I don't have to go through Device Manager shit to play each time.

Optimus patch?

Salsa

got this out of the way as fast as I could

xrSTTUd.jpg

Anyone know what the best way to go about finding out how my rig will run this game is?

Or do I just have to gamble? I tried posting in the performance thread but can't seem to get an answer

Corpekata

Banned
Anyone know what the best way to go about finding out how my rig will run this game is?

Or do I just have to gamble? I tried posting in the performance thread but can't seem to get an answer

Google GPU hierarchy and CPU hierarchy. Compare yours to the list and the minimum/recommended suggestions of the game.

Sarcasm

Money in multi is used for everything buying houses, cars guns, bullets, food, clothes, insurance costs

Yes you have to buy ammo, and vests. there just isn't enough on corpses.

earning cash is pretty easy but the beginning can be a drag. the free mil from pre ordering will probably get you a nice car and a appt with a heist board. Maybe a few outfits as well.

In single player well... Depending on how U rock the stock market all purchases become meaningless. Some businesses U buy do open new missions though.

Buy an expensive apartment, you'll need it for heists, buy a fast car as well.

Other than that, weapons, since you'll need those as well.

So

Single player = blow it on hookers.

Multilayer = ten car garage, fast car and weapons.

Heists are online only right?

You can change car height in options. It's default at low. I moved mine to high and it's much better

That is for only if your not using first person right?

Btw I find it somewhat not to hard to drive in first person. Depends on car really.

Google GPU hierarchy and CPU hierarchy. Compare yours to the list and the minimum/recommended suggestions of the game.

Thanks.

What should I expect if I am running in a crossfire config?

Enabling it doubles my framerate in some games but as I understand it does not double the VRAM, so I'm not sure exactly what's at play there

Corpekata

Banned
Thanks.

What should I expect if I am running in a crossfire config?

Enabling it doubles my framerate in some games but as I understand it does not double the VRAM, so I'm not sure exactly what's at play there

Need the details of your rig before I could guess, but considering your concerns I'm guessing a 1 or 2 gig card. In which case I would not expect leaps and bounds better.

ido

So, how exactly do I run the benchmark for this? This is my first PC game in a long, long time. It seems to be running flawlessly, though, but I can't see the fps or anything.

i5-3570 oc'd to 4.2
gtx 970 ftw
16 gb ram

so far so good.

Need the details of your rig before I could guess, but considering your concerns I'm guessing a 1 or 2 gig card. In which case I would not expect leaps and bounds better.

i5 2500k 3.30 GHZ
8 GB DDR3
2 x 6950 HD 2 GB

Recommended specs for the game list a 7870 but that's a couple notches up on the hierarchy from my 6950, I'm wondering if the crossfire would make up the gap.

Sorry for taking up space in the OT with performance stuff this was the only place I got an answer.

Thanks

Corpekata

Banned
i5 2500k 3.30 GHZ
8 GB DDR3
2 x 6950 HD 2 GB

Recommended specs for the game list a 7870 but that's a couple notches up on the hierarchy from my 6950, I'm wondering if the crossfire would make up the gap.

Sorry for taking up space in the OT with performance stuff this was the only place I got an answer.

Thanks

Don't know if it'd make up the difference but I'd say from your specs it should run okay. Probably not cranking settings though. The game is pretty CPU heavy so I'd suggest OCing your 2500k.

If you want to get clearer answers I'd suggest looking up people with cards along your lines like the Nvidia 560ti and seeing what they say since Nvidia tends to be a lot more popular. Won't be a direct correlation but will get you a better idea.

Don't know if it'd make up the difference but I'd say from your specs it should run okay. Probably not cranking settings though. The game is pretty CPU heavy so I'd suggest OCing your 2500k.

If you want to get clearer answers I'd suggest looking up people with cards along your lines like the Nvidia 560ti and seeing what they say since Nvidia tends to be a lot more popular. Won't be a direct correlation but will get you a better idea.

Will do, cheers

Top Bottom