• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Jimrpg

I'm surprised people are surprised by the performance. It's a PS3/360 game and those machines had 512mb ram. Even PS4/xbone is really only an average $500 PC. If you have anything above this GTA V should run well.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm surprised people are surprised by the performance. It's a PS3/360 game and those machines had 512mb ram. Even PS4/xbone is really only an average $500 PC. If you have anything above this GTA V should run well.

Didn't stop GTA IV from running like shit on many PCs back at launch and even to this day.

Seanspeed

Banned
It's not a 360/PS3 game, though. It's a port of the greatly reworked PS4/XB1 version.

Sarcasm

So in regards to money:

Single player = blow it on hookers.

Multilayer = ten car garage, fast car and weapons.

Heists are online only right?

Also I can't see my pc chop on ifruit app.

Ultimadrago

Optimus patch?

Yep. I have a gaming laptop that uses Optimus card switching tech, it seems to always fuck up with big releases right after launch, but their compatibility is usually patched in afterwards.

I'm guessing Rockstar will do the same with GTA V since it can't be played normally with Optimus at the moment.

Two questions:

- Are we getting all of the DLC vehicles/guns/whatever that the console versions have? Noticed I've only got the Elegy RH8 in my garage.

- Is Steam Overlay not working for anyone else? Can't bring it up and can't take any pictures.

Are you running any FPS overlays? Like MSI Afterburner? Or FRAPS?

Sometimes Steam's overlay becomes borked with that stuff on...

- Is Steam Overlay not working for anyone else? Can't bring it up and can't take any pictures.

Doesn't work for me either, I can only take pictures with fraps.

I can't remember if it worked with Max Payne 3, it's probably something they overlooked and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Just played a short session of GTA Online... Call me crazy but something feels off. The cars jump higher, the crashes feel different...

And sometimes when I am trying to sprint with Franklin he goes back to walking for no reason.

... Don't tell me Rockstar did not properly adapt the game for 60 fps.

kris.

Banned
Yeah, hair doesn't look too great.

Overclocked my GPU for the first time to try and squeeze out a few more frames and I think it worked? It was a terrifying process but easier than I thought it'd be.

Are you running any FPS overlays? Like MSI Afterburner? Or FRAPS?

Sometimes Steam's overlay becomes borked with that stuff on...

Doesn't work for me either, I can only take pictures with fraps.

I can't remember if it worked with Max Payne 3, it's probably something they overlooked and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Yep, it was fraps. Closed that, restarted the game, and the overlay worked just fine. I've never had that issue before though, so I dunno what's up.

Salsa

this is like opposite old GTA for me

im having a hard time distracting myself from the main missions and just wrecking havoc / doing side stuff cause this time around I really like the story and characters

Did you play GTA4? To this very day I still get like 30 fps on that piece of shit

Patrick S.

Banned
Great, doing the pause, close, reopen launcher thing the whole time and now the launcher crashes every time I run it. I'm downloading this from Mega now, hope to be able to paste the downloaded filed into the folder the installer created and getting it to run.

Paying for games that don't work is fun!

idonteven

keeps telling me to link my social club account and wich i did but it keeps asking me over and over and over again...can't even play the game

help ?

Does anybody's grass have like a weird grid filter around it?

lEogWgX.jpg

Jimrpg

Didn't stop GTA IV from running like shit on many PCs back at launch and even to this day.

Did you play GTA4? To this very day I still get like 30 fps on that piece of shit

I didn't on PC. But Max Payne 3 turned out well and its the same guys doing the port. I do see where your concern is.

Seems like the general consensus is that GTA V is a pretty damn good port.

(I'm still downloading my copy...)

That's dithering. It's been in all the versions from what I've seen.

Gotta crank up the AA to minimize it.

Ok, that's good to know. I was afraid that it might of been an issue with my graphic card. Even though technically I guess you can say it is, since my card can't handle having MSAA on without it killing my frame rate.

SlickVic

Very impressed with the optimization. On an 860M and i7 4810 I'm running on a mix of mostly high and very high settings (textures to very high) and the framerate seems pretty solid at 30.

All that time on delays seems to have been put to excellent use.

Oh wow, I would've figured Skyrim had that record.

And Steam isn't even required for this game. Those numbers exclude all retail versions and every other digital store (since they either came with a social club code or direct download of the DVD files). Steam is probably the majority of the copies out there, but still.

SlickVic

It still does. Skyrim hit 270,000 when it launched. GTAV is under 200,000 as of this post.

That's probably true, but still pretty impressive considering Skyrim is Steamworks so everyone who bought it day 1 was on Steam vs GTA V where only copies directly bought on Steam are showing and those who went with places like GMG or Nuuvem for a better deal aren't being counted.

It still does. Skyrim hit 270,000 when it launched. GTAV is under 200,000 as of this post.
Also skyrim launched on a Friday so many more people had time to play it on a Friday evening.
Also had far more of a lagacy on the PC then even GTA has.

Just got back intro this thread after night sleep and early work.
How is the general option of this pc version is it good does it run well how are the servers?

Very impressed with the optimization. On an 860M and i7 4810 I'm running on a mix of mostly high and very high settings (textures to very high) and the framerate seems pretty solid at 30.

All that time on delays seems to have been put to excellent use.

Good to know, I have a 860M laptop as well and wanted to know how it runs before it ships to me on the 17th. Might turn down a few settings or resolution myself to get 60 fps.

Kezen

Banned

The game has undergone extremely significant visual improvements which warrant praises in regards to performance. I was not expecting it to run that well and look so much better than the PS4/XBO versions.

It's the definitive GTA 5 experience.

Corpekata

Banned
In that case, it'd be a matter of either optimization or how the game was ported?

Well, yes, that's sort of the point. Rockstar has a shitty record on PC save for Max Payne 3. That's why people are surprised, especially after 2014 hosting a few other shitty ports of games you'd think would work out okay.

Top Bottom