• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

bj00rn_

Banned
With the amount of double and triple dippers I think they will always keep releasing ultimate PC versions well after inferior console ones, but they will release them.

Yeah, at least it'll most likely ensure a late but steady and "ultimate version" stream of Rockstar PC releases. But for me personally this was my last double/triple dip. Late or not, t's all PC for me from now on.

UrbanRats

The deadzone fix is a game changer for me.

Aiming on 360 was a chore, and i had to use auto-aim, but here it's like... a normal game!

SomTervo

The deadzone fix is a game changer for me.

Aiming on 360 was a chore, and i had to use auto-aim, but here it's like... a normal game!

Out of curiosity, what do you have it set to?

I couldn't find a sweet spot, so it's still a little annoying. I put the deadzone and the acceleration down to about 1/4 of the bar, but I'm tempted to put both down to 0.

So I was playing last night, and the game crashes as soon after I start playing as Franklin.
Since then all I get now when trying to load the game is the social club splash screen.

I've tried disabling crossfire, and I've also re-installed the game, but nothing seems to work. Has this happened to anyone else?

specs:
i5 3570k
HD 7970 XF
16GB RAM

Seanspeed

Banned
KB/M shooting is like cheating, jesus. I mean, it feels great, I'm super impressed, but the game was obviously balanced for gamepad controls.

Seems the stability of this game is something of a mixed bag, it's been a mess for me (with consistent areas where crashing is inevitable if I try to go through them), but other people seem to be doing fine.

HowZatOZ

Banned
God this game is amazing, which is crazy because I've played it already on PS3 and PS4. Everything just feels so fresh and new, and heists are amazing.

LAA

Wow I wake up and I still have the same problems. I was expecting it to be fixed by now.

Anyone else still have the problem where when you run the launcher, it seems to load, but nothing happens?

EDIT: Hmm may have found a fix. I'm using a laptop so may not sure it can work out on towers, but I disabled my graphics card before launching PLAY GTA.Exe (Disabled my Nvidia GPU, and kept my integrated Intel GPU on), and when I launched it it actually opened up this and just downloaded the 300mb patch now.
I read when you have the play button showing to then enable your GPU again and press play.
Hope it helps someone

Enco

With the amount of double and triple dippers I think they will always keep releasing ultimate PC versions well after inferior console ones, but they will release them.
Yup.

Really smart move. Release the same game on different platforms with a few years separation. It'll sell way more than a simultaneous release.

I was going to wait until May to play but I think I'll play tonight. Download is taking around 6 hours.

MaxiLive

This is awesome. Your wanted level/minimap flashing makes the keyboard flash. Stolen from reddit.

Someone tell me what keyboard that is!

I can confirm it does that! Shocked me when I started playing and my keyboard was flashing at me :D It also changes colour depending on what character you are playing I think! Green for franklin etc.

denx

Dat title

Anyone else having problems with their game because of the weird Windows-character bug? Does the game work if you have a *space* in your Windows name?

Wow I wake up and I still have the same problems. I was expecting it to be fixed by now.

Anyone else still have the problem where when you run the launcher, it seems to load, but nothing happens?

EDIT: Hmm may have found a fix. I'm using a laptop so may not sure it can work out on towers, but I disabled my graphics card before launching PLAY GTA.Exe (Disabled my Nvidia GPU, and kept my integrated Intel GPU on), and when I launched it it actually opened up this and just downloaded the 300mb patch now.
I read when you have the play button showing to then enable your GPU again and press play.
Hope it helps someone
Not sure I wanna go through the hassle of turning my iGPU back on and swapping HDMI cables + rebooting to see if it will work on my tower. Gonna wait it out a bit longer and see what happens.

If anybody is still having that zlib issue I had earlier, I posted what I think is a potential fix here http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/32jif5/potential_fix_for_failed_to_load_zlib/

Thanks for this post. I have (hopefully had) the same problem; I am currently waiting on a 2GB download for a file that did not checksum match.

I really hope this fixes the problem. I cannot even begin to imagine to download the entire game again (like the Rockstar site has suggested!).

Edit:

It was a laborious process but I went through all the .rpf files to find the one that didn't checksum. Damn you letter e but it was the only file that didn't match and was only a 2 GB download. I was worried the whole game would have to be re-downloaded. It took me 5 days on-and-off to get the game down so I didn't want that again.

Zeknurn

KB/M shooting is like cheating, jesus. I mean, it feels great, I'm super impressed, but the game was obviously balanced for gamepad controls.

It's glorious when you consistently take down three guys in a row with three headshots. However, I can't say that I like the lack of dedicated servers and the host advantage that comes with it. I'm surprised that people aren't angry over it.

Axial

For anyone having problems with the download speeds outside the U.S. on the R*SC client. Try changing your DNS settings to the Google servers(8.8.8.8. and 8.8.4.4.), can't guarantee it's going to work for everyone, but so far some people from Germany, Poland and the U.K. were reporting improved speeds with that method.

LAA

Not sure I wanna go through the hassle of turning my iGPU back on and swapping HDMI cables + rebooting to see if it will work on my tower. Gonna wait it out a bit longer and see what happens.

Yeah as I said, not sure of how the process would be on Towers but it's just a matter of clicking disable for my GPU on the device manager.

I'm finally in the game now though, so it's worked for me, just hope it's not something I need to do each time

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Benchmark pls

Is it normal that it takes forever to load after the little robbery segment?

Edit: may have been firewall related, alt-tabbed and noticed a pop up

Edit: ok so the benchmark is bugged until you play the intro and stuff? Thanks Rockstar

Salsa

Has anyone compared the loading times between a hdd and a sad?

ive compared them by feel if you will and as expected the difference is pretty damn big

initial load still takes a surprising amount of time (a minute? edit: probably less) tho I guess

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
The first person view is making me nauseous. It's too damn smooth. lol

Edit: it might be the head bobbing..

I'm wondering if it's the fov combined with head bobbing. Put it at max instantly, but I still feel as if it isn't enough.

Only played for a hour as I had work and responsibilities to get up for, but something felt off as I quickly got a headache.

Really amazing port btw. I can't frikkin wait to play tonight.

ive compared them by feel if you will and as expected the difference is pretty damn big

initial load still takes a surprising amount of time (a minute? edit: probably less) tho I guess

I kinda had to stay away from crew fights yesterday as if you have a SSD you respawn in like 1-2 seconds. It's great, but saw quite a lot of zerging.

Jb

That's always been the case with GTA on PC. Made San Andreas especially almost too easy. Not that I'm complaining, the gunplay in PS2 era GTAs was horrible.

Unain

Anybody else still having the GTAVLauncher.exe has crashed issue?
With the BEX64 error code.

This is really getting annoying, no solution on the support or anywhere.

bud23

Steam Spy@Steam_Spy
#GTAV owners on Steam: 1.074.894 ± 80049
It's really early number and it doesn't include copies sold outside Steam.

https://twitter.com/Steam_Spy/status/587918028463038464

Damn. Nothing stops this train.

198w61e6f47oigif.gif

LAA

Ah sucks. It seems you need to disable the GPU and re-enable it everyone you launch GTA V, sucks. Hope it's patched very soon or maybe some line of code we can edit or add somewhere to just fix it it

I think I got my settings were I want them, everything on high, I get damn near 60fps at 1080p. So I'm happy with that. The only thing that sucks is reflections look like trash unless they are on very high for me.

Derp

Still no sign of anyone getting a racing wheel to work with the game? I need this guys...

My G27 is just sitting there attached to my disk in front of the keyboard being big and useless. I want 100% confirmation that it doesn't work before I go through the hassle of packing it all away.

Top Bottom