• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Just got my retail copy and currently have it installing. How much additional data do I need to download once the installation from the DVDs is complete?

devonodev

https://twitter.com/Steam_Spy/status/587918028463038464

Damn. Nothing stops this train.

198w61e6f47oigif.gif
Daaamn.

Derp

Just out of curiosity guys how do you get the "Self Radio" station to show up? I've got one giant mp3 file in the folder (it's a trap mix) to test the radio thing, but in-game i don't see the radio station anywhere when i flick through. Pretty sure the file location is documents/rockstar games/gta v/user music... Or something like that... So i don't think i put it in the wrong folder.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Silly question but im trying to add GTA5 as a non steam game on steam, get the right shortcut but when I click it in steam it loads for a second, shows the opening screen then stops, its not a huge deal but anyone know why this might be happening?

AlanOC91

GTA Online is so much fun!

I love how it starts you off in an online race followed up by a 4 player mission.

Some guy rammed my car off the mountain while we were racing. I had to respawn and still managed to come third! That was excellent. Everything was so smooth too.

Qassim

Wow, 1m sales at launch for GTAV on Steam alone. Considering Steam has been often the most expensive option for GTAV and it's the only place to get a Steam key, that's super impressive. This is a game that has already been released for 4 platforms, the first being 18 months ago.

I hope Rockstar share total numbers, I'll be very interested to see what it has sold.

Pakoe

Wow, 1m sales at launch for GTAV on Steam alone. Considering Steam has been often the most expensive option for GTAV and it's the only place to get a Steam key, that's super impressive. This is a game that has already been released for 4 platforms, the first being 18 months ago.

I hope Rockstar share total numbers, I'll be very interested to see what it has sold.

Agreed, i would really like to know how many times it's been bought.

mr_square

Just out of curiosity guys how do you get the "Self Radio" station to show up? I've got one giant mp3 file in the folder (it's a trap mix) to test the radio thing, but in-game i don't see the radio station anywhere when i flick through. Pretty sure the file location is documents/rockstar games/gta v/user music... Or something like that... So i don't think i put it in the wrong folder.

You need > 1 track in the folder before it'll show up.

So what is the situation with Steam keys? Possible to get one for cheaper than £40. I want the game and I'll pay the £40 if I have to but since I'm buying it for the 3rd time I'd like to get it cheaper.

Vuze

So what is the situation with Steam keys? Possible to get one for cheaper than £40. I want the game and I'll pay the £40 if I have to but since I'm buying it for the 3rd time I'd like to get it cheaper.
There are no steam keys being sold, you can only buy the steam version on steam itself. As for gift trading... I don't know.

Enco

Just get it from GMG or Nuuvem unless if Steam support is important enough to pay ~£10-20 extra.

Denzar

Is there a difference in buying this retail or buying this through steam?

I heard retail does not have steam support? This true?

However, I can't say that I like the lack of dedicated servers and the host advantage that comes with it. I'm surprised that people aren't angry over it.

How many console ports even have dedicated servers anymore? I think people have grown tired of asking for something almost the entire AAA industry have refused to provide for years now. It's a shame though. This game would have benefited tremendously from the crazy mods dedicated servers would have allowed.

Is there a difference in buying this retail or buying this through steam?

I heard retail does not have steam support? This true?

This is true. Both Steam and retail (and all other download providers) need to use the Social Club launcher anyway, so having it on Steam kinda doesn't matter though.

Redmoon

I'm sure this was expected for lower fps' (but not this bad), but for those pushing graphics and resolutions, does mouse input become more sluggish for you as well? Maxed at 1080p is very responsive, but at 4K, even in 60+FPS areas, its sluggish.

noomi

Question about self radio...

I remember with GTA4 there was something called Independence FM it was the same equivalent as self radio. They would have a clever DJ saying things like "And now playing a song from the artist you pirated off the net" haha, does self radio have the same kind of DJ smartass? I loved that :p

Also I have 18GB of music on my PC, instead of moving it to the folder for GTA can I just change the folder or make a shortcut or something? I don't want to have to copy over 18GB :eek:

My friend is getting launcher issues, can you post what fixed it?

The launcher was working fine on my laptop, but on my desktop it would hang on "Loading..." forever and I couldn't even log-in. I did the initial install on my laptop just so I could get the launcher and log-in. Once I did that I copied the "Rockstar Games" folder from My Documents on my laptop into My Documents on my desktop and overwrite all the files there, and it started up and worked.

As I said, I still can't get Social Club to work in-game, but at least I can play single player now.

feel

Decided to give it a quick try last night and ended up playing 3 hours just exploring the city. It's a straight up mindblowing piece of software, so much insane visual and gameplay detail, looks and runs amazing on my 690. Just wow.

Kvik

Also I have 18GB of music on my PC, instead of moving it to the folder for GTA can I just change the folder or make a shortcut or something? I don't want to have to copy over 18GB :eek:

You can possibly use mklink to make a symlink to your Music folder (open up a DOS prompt as Administrator and type mklink /? for help)

devonodev

Question about self radio...

I remember with GTA4 there was something called Independence FM it was the same equivalent as self radio. They would have a clever DJ saying things like "And now playing a song from the artist you pirated off the net" haha, does self radio have the same kind of DJ smartass? I loved that :p

Yes to the shortcut. You could just put a shortcut to the folder, and all other folders in it will be played.

red731

You can possibly use mklink to make a symlink to your Music folder (open up a DOS prompt as Administrator and type mklink /? for help)

I remember just making shortcuts of .mp3s in GTA 3. Try shortcut and see if that works.
ed: yep

KB/M shooting is like cheating, jesus. I mean, it feels great, I'm super impressed, but the game was obviously balanced for gamepad controls.

Haha yup. I've only played a bit, but scenes like the beginning bank job are laughably easy with a mouse.

I was actually really looking forward to using KB & mouse because I've always felt that the gamepad controls in GTA were clunky. I especially hate that the analog sticks auto-center constantly. Is there a way to turn that off?

I actually also don't mind driving with KB/mouse, I guess I'm used to it from the BF games. The default keyboard bindings however are pretty bad, I will need to mess with them.

I was really looking forward to having a totally free camera with the mouse while on foot and driving in the PC version and I have to say its totally worth it, its much more immersive to me, gamepad controls feel slightly tunnel-visioned in this game.

Mohonky

God damn it i got a car stuck in Franklins garage.

Found that big yellow Sandking or something its called, basically like a Ford F650. Anyway, i drove it into the garage at Franklins and now its stuck. The garage door won't even open, it just gets jammed.

Is there any way to fix that or am i fucked?

God damn it i got a car stuck in Franklins garage.

Found that big yellow Sandking or something its called, basically like a Ford F650. Anyway, i drove it into the garage at Franklins and now its stuck. The garage door won't even open, it just gets jammed.

Is there any way to fix that or am i fucked?

Save your game and exit. Then go back in to see if it loads the car in the driveway instead of the garage.

artsi

Just noticed that the PC version still doesn't have working mirrors. That sucks in addition to the small FOV when you're driving.

Hey guys, is there any way to change my online character's appearance? For some reason it completely screwed my character up after I created him (gave him makeup and stuff?) and it really bothers me. If not, will I lose all of my bonus money if I delete him?

Also, what apartment should I buy first? Thanks for the help!

SomTervo

Haha yup. I've only played a bit, but scenes like the beginning bank job are laughably easy with a mouse.

I was actually really looking forward to using KB & mouse because I've always felt that the gamepad controls in GTA were clunky. I especially hate that the analog sticks auto-center constantly. Is there a way to turn that off?

I actually also don't mind driving with KB/mouse, I guess I'm used to it from the BF games. The default keyboard bindings however are pretty bad, I will need to mess with them.

I was really looking forward to having a totally free camera with the mouse while on foot and driving in the PC version and I have to say its totally worth it, its much more immersive to me, gamepad controls feel slightly tunnel-visioned in this game.

I'm curious about this - PS4 user here - surely with Mouse aiming it must be totally viable to just start pressing the fire button, rather than aiming first?

On joypad it takes a bit of a step to start shooting before you aim. This means you don't have lock-on or much precision, but it feels much more immersive. So run and gunning must be real good on PC basically?

realcZk

Hey guys, is there any way to change my online character's appearance? For some reason it completely screwed my character up after I created him (gave him makeup and stuff?) and it really bothers me. If not, will I lose all of my bonus money if I delete him?

Also, what apartment should I buy first? Thanks for the help!

On the console versions they always say you'll never be able to change your appearance again but if you wipe your local save data when it redownloads your characters from R* servers it prompts you to change their appearance. Not sure on PC though, im sure you will be able to eventually.

Top Bottom