• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Anyone discovered where to manually set the fov in the user config files yet? Otherwise I'll try fixing it through some digging when I get home. The current fov even when max gives me a headache.

Hey guys, is there any way to change my online character's appearance? For some reason it completely screwed my character up after I created him (gave him makeup and stuff?) and it really bothers me. If not, will I lose all of my bonus money if I delete him?

Also, what apartment should I buy first? Thanks for the help!

Happened to me too, just go to the barbers and remove the makeup.

CHC

This was definitely worth the wait.

I'd say so. It has to be the best looking and most consistent open world I've ever seen. As in, it always looks good. There aren't lazy sparse areas or moments of horrible pop in / tiled textures. I'm super impressed.

I'm curious about this - PS4 user here - surely with Mouse aiming it must be totally viable to just start pressing the fire button, rather than aiming first?

On joypad it takes a bit of a step to start shooting before you aim. This means you don't have lock-on or much precision, but it feels much more immersive. So run and gunning must be real good on PC basically?

Yes. The shooting gameplay is totally smooth with a mouse, especially with the game supporting raw mouse input. I know what you are talking about, and its pretty much neutralized with mouse/kb. It plays like a shooter (similar to Max Payne 3 in that regard).

First person view feels wicked with mouse/KB too.

SomTervo

Yes. The shooting gameplay is totally smooth with a mouse, especially with the game supporting raw mouse input. I know what you are talking about, and its pretty much neutralized with mouse/kb. It plays like a shooter (similar to Max Payne 3 in that regard).

First person view feels wicked with mouse/KB too.

Hot-diggity damn.

I'm probably a year out from getting a good gaming PC, but this will be near the top of my list when I get one. Then I'll be a triple dipper.

The poor shooting is literally my only big reservation about GTA V. Everything else they could improve would just be icing on the cake, but the shooting is an actual fundamental issue on consoles.

CHC

Oh also is there any way to either turn off the bonus cash or some easy way to spend it all? It gave it to Franklin and for some reason it's really bothering me and fucking with my "role playing". I mean I like the rags to riches thing, getting 500 Gs outta nowhere kinda ruins that for me. Is there something I can just buy and then throw away or something?

Pronewbie

Banned
Haha yup. I've only played a bit, but scenes like the beginning bank job are laughably easy with a mouse.

I was actually really looking forward to using KB & mouse because I've always felt that the gamepad controls in GTA were clunky. I especially hate that the analog sticks auto-center constantly. Is there a way to turn that off?

I actually also don't mind driving with KB/mouse, I guess I'm used to it from the BF games. The default keyboard bindings however are pretty bad, I will need to mess with them.

I was really looking forward to having a totally free camera with the mouse while on foot and driving in the PC version and I have to say its totally worth it, its much more immersive to me, gamepad controls feel slightly tunnel-visioned in this game.

Except that I love driving with the my X1 controller.

Still no sign of anyone getting a racing wheel to work with the game? I need this guys...

My G27 is just sitting there attached to my disk in front of the keyboard being big and useless. I want 100% confirmation that it doesn't work before I go through the hassle of packing it all away.
Have you tried it yourself?

I'm not really interested in playing this with a wheel, but I could plug in my G27 and try it out.

Putosaure

Oh also is there any way to either turn off the bonus cash or some easy way to spend it all? It gave it to Franklin and for some reason it's really bothering me and fucking with my "role playing". I mean I like the rags to riches thing, getting 500 Gs outta nowhere kinda ruins that for me. Is there something I can just buy and then throw away or something?

This. I'm interested in the answer. I just wanted to preorder the game, I don't want all that money.

Does anyone else's game keep randomly pausing for no reason?

Have you tried disabling pause on focus loss in the menu? Some app on your computer might be trying to take focus, and interrupting the game. I don't know if this is the problem, but it is worth a shot.

Just noticed that the PC version still doesn't have working mirrors. That sucks in addition to the small FOV when you're driving.

First person driving is garbage because of that fov. Even worse is the fact they removed the hoodcam in the ps4/one version. Haven't checked it yet, but I assume it's still missing on pc?

Heigic

Does anyone know how to get the Social Club version to work with the Steam overlay? When I try and launch it through Steam as a non-steam game the game doesn't launch.

devonodev

First person driving is garbage because of that fov. Even worse is the fact they removed the hoodcam in the ps4/one version. Haven't checked it yet, but I assume it's still missing on pc?
I haven't checked it, but I'm fairly sure I did see an option for hoodcam at least.

Gumbie

Have you tried disabling pause on focus loss in the menu? Some app on your computer might be trying to take focus, and interrupting the game. I don't know if this is the problem, but it is worth a shot.

Seanspeed said:
There's a setting where it automatically pauses when it 'loses focus' or something like that. Turn that off.

Thanks guys I'll try that tonight.

artsi

FOV should at least be fixable by a modder, so let's hope a fix is coming.

I might even be able to do it myself since it's adjustable and you should find the memory values pretty easily. I have no idea where to search in games where the value is static.

lordkosc

A little over 250k players on Steam today, what was Skyrims peak? 280k ? Other than CS:GO and DOTA 2 crazy high player counts, this thing is kicking some butt.

Just imagine the numbers if it was Steamworks.

Seanspeed

Banned

This. I'm interested in the answer. I just wanted to preorder the game, I don't want all that money.
I've asked this before and I got some vague answers about buying expensive cars and then just trashing or leaving them, but I don't know where to go to do this. I don't see any place to buy cars.

I'm actually getting kind of annoyed that I have all this money and I want to get rid of it ASAP.

A little over 250k players on Steam today, what was Skyrims peak? 280k ? Other than CS:GO and DOTA 2 crazy high player counts, this thing is kicking some butt.

Just imagine the numbers if it was Steamworks.

And most people are working/studying, it should go way higher later today

Hixx

Thought I'd leave the Rockstar downloader overnight. Been about 13 hours and I come back expecting the 60GB to be done (it should take about 4 hours on my connection). Wasn't even half downloaded and the estimated time left was 15 hours.
JzKGOjM.png

Guess today is the day I finish The Order.

artsi

I've asked this before and I got some vague answers about buying expensive cars and then just trashing or leaving them, but I don't know where to go to do this. I don't see any place to buy cars.

I'm actually getting kind of annoyed that I have all this money and I want to get rid of it ASAP.

Open up your cell phone browser and you can find car stores there. Another way is to buy a lot of stock (also in internet) and never sell them.

SomTervo

Open up your cell phone browser and you can find car stores there. Another way is to buy a lot of stock (also in internet) and never sell them.

The bolded is a much better option.

That way you can also get the money back further down the line if you ever want it. It'll be out of your wallet, and might depreciate/inflate a bit.

Edit: For new players: bring up the phone. Choose internet. Go to the 'Money & something' tab. Go to Bawsaq or the other stock website. Click on a random company. Click Buy. Keep hitting the + button until that 500,000 is gone. Press buy again (I think.)

Happy days.

Portman

How do I make my own crew?

You should be able to go into the Social Club on the Rockstar games site and then select Crews and there should be an option to create a crew off to the right.

Requested the invite to the NeoGANG PC, my nickname is Wolshen

Invite sent. I think everyone else has been added while I was asleep but if anyone got missed let me know and I'll get you added. I'll be checking the thread throughout the day (and probably evening since I have a disc copy to install).

Crossposting from the performance thread, but:

I've been getting a reproducable crash; when aiming with the Left Bumper while driving, the game will seize.

Dang that sounds like a nasty bug. Probably worth checking with Rockstar support about it if you haven't. I'm guessing they will get a wave of "odd issues" like this they could't create in testing and we'll get a few patches in the next week or two to iron oddities out.

nowarning

Just logged into my PC remotely and made sure everything was good to go. I went to bed before it unlocked last night so I had all that to do and a few hundred meg to download.

Has anyone tried the 3D mode yet? Interested in trying it on my 3D panny, I imagine I'd have to take a resolution drop or knock some details down but I can handle that.

Seanspeed

Banned
Ok, cant buy a car yet, but I threw it all in a stock.

So perfect, thanks! It actually feels liberating. :)

Ensirius

This Rock Star Social CLub launcher thingy is the worst thing EVER.
First, I had to run through endless loops for the thing to even start downloading. Left it when 55 minutes remained. Come back to see a black window with the GTA V cover on the right.
Had to close it and start again.
50 minutes remaining again...

Damn.

Pachimari

I can't buy this game until my birthday later this month, but how is the aiming in the PC version? Is it just as precise as shooting games like Call of Duty or Max Payne 3? When both in first and third person view.

Top Bottom