• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

phyrlord

Damn, I tried to play this AM before work but took a while to unpack/decompress.

I set everything to MAX 1080P and got my MSI 980 GTX to 3400/4000mb. I started the benchmark with Vsynch on and had mostly 60 frames, dipped to about 45 in places. I couldn't finish the benchmark because I died? IDK how but my character died during the benchmark right around the jet part lol.

I might try turning VSYNCH off, with some games the performance jump is HUGE with out much tearing involved.

Joey Ravn

Banned
To all of you playing with Gamepad: Are you using free-aim or some kind of assist-option?

I'm using the one option that is not full aim assist. I don't remember how it's called.

Free aim is perfect for M&KB, but it doesn't feel fine for a gamepad, IMO. The soft lock-on is great compromise: not as rigid as the full lock-on, but more precise than free aim (for a gamepad, of course). You aim down and the cursor moves itself towards the enemy, but without specifically targeting their heads. It's more of a gentle push towards them than a sticky lock-on.

Effect

So what are the odds this goes on sale, even a little bit in the next few weeks?

Can still pick it up on gmg but not sure if I should buy now due to budget and I have so many other games to finish. However I don't want to be stuck paying $60 later when I can pay $47 now.

I presume custom radio files have to be MP3? And once I do the scan in audio settings, where do you access custom soundtrack? Is it tied to the radio wheel?

So what are the odds this goes on sale, even a little bit in the next few weeks?

Can still pick it up on gmg but not sure if I should buy now due to budget and I have so many other games to finish. However I don't want to be stuck paying $60 later when I can pay $47 now.

Expect 33% during black friday or christmas sales maybe, at best

You can probably find it on non-steam sites like greenman and gamesplanet for prices lower than $60 going forward, but I would be surprised if it goes on any substantial sale in the first 6 months.

Dommo

DVDs done installing...hype rising...game requires another 5gb update

FUCK

gonna go play some MKx :|

Lol yep. Copped this too. The reason I bought the game on retail in the first place is because my internet's trash. Just spent 3.5 hours downloading this shit when I thought I'd be in immediately. Just so your heart doesn't sink at the end of this one: You'll have to download a 350mb patch after the 5gb update. I'm just about finished downloading it. This has been the longest fucking install I've ever done.

Komo

Banned
I absolutely need to update my CPU ...

It's a major bottleneck in my system. Like, no matter how low I put my graphics, I'll always get some stuttering and framerate drops. There's next to no difference in terms of framerate between minimum and maximum settings

game is running like a dream but man...that opening to the game had me pretty concerned about the gunplay...really hoping the whole game isn't going to be as easy as that intro....must have killed what, thirty dudes who couldn't hit a barn and meanwhile I have no recoil on my weapons and a ton of health...

Sevenfold

At this rate it'll be on sale before I can get it to launch :'(

wiggleb0t

Banned
I presume custom radio files have to be MP3? And once I do the scan in audio settings, where do you access custom soundtrack? Is it tied to the radio wheel?

It's at like 11:00 oclock 'my radio' or whatever.
Would like to know how to set that as the only radio station but not sure how.

So the "full support" for the DS4 controller just means that the controller will work without any extra programs but not give the actual button prompts? Not a gamebreaker or anything for me but it would have been nice to have the right on-screen prompts. I have an XB1 controller and a 360 controller too so it's more of an annoyance than anything.

MDSLKTR

I can't buy this game until my birthday later this month, but how is the aiming in the PC version? Is it just as precise as shooting games like Call of Duty or Max Payne 3? When both in first and third person view.

Yes and it's a game changer, you pull of drive by shootings effortlessly

unrealist

Anyone same as me? I do not prioritize on the graphics improvement over console counterparts .. what I love about the GTA PC versions is the KB/mouse combo! Aiming has always been a turnoff for me for consoles since the first GTA3.

On a sidenote, anyone unable to play the game in full screen 1080p? I can only do it in "Window Borderless".

Can i still use steam in home streaming if i add the gmg version to my librarary? got tempted by the cheaper price and didnt think of the consequences :0

Just logged into my PC remotely and made sure everything was good to go. I went to bed before it unlocked last night so I had all that to do and a few hundred meg to download.

Has anyone tried the 3D mode yet? Interested in trying it on my 3D panny, I imagine I'd have to take a resolution drop or knock some details down but I can handle that.

Whoa? There's a 3D mode? Didn't see any mention of it in the Menus last night ... care to elaborate?

Longshot

I've asked this before and I got some vague answers about buying expensive cars and then just trashing or leaving them, but I don't know where to go to do this. I don't see any place to buy cars.

I'm actually getting kind of annoyed that I have all this money and I want to get rid of it ASAP.
I think later on in the game you can buy exotic cars off in-game websites.

Yes and it's a game changer, you pull of drive by shootings effortlessly

Yep, the mouse aiming is like silk and headshots are nearly effortless.

It's my first playthrough and would anyone recommend using the first person view? I've enjoyed other games that commit to the viewpoint (Far Cry 3 & 4, The Darkness) but I'm just curious if it all works well for the majority of the game.

neilka

Has anyone tried native DS4 support yet, as in using it without DS4Windows or equivalent? It sounded too good to be true but apparently Dying Light can do exactly that, showing DS4 button prompts and even using the lightbar without needing any other software.

Edit: This post says that Dying Light can only do that if the DS4 is connected by USB rather than Bluetooth in case anyone wants to try it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/dyinglight/comments/2vzgws/pc_version_always_use_ds4_icons/

ACE 1991

So is it possible to load someone else save by placing it in your steam folder? I wanna pick up more or less where I left off on PS4, I'd rather not replay 10+ hours.

SirYoshi

Fuck I hate the Social Club bullshit. Does anyone know if it's possible to unlink a social club account from steam. I can't even log in...

Rnr1224

I absolutely need to update my CPU ...

It's a major bottleneck in my system. Like, no matter how low I put my graphics, I'll always get some stuttering and framerate drops. There's next to no difference in terms of framerate between minimum and maximum settings

Im thinking this may be my problem as well. Changing everything to high with a 970 is giving me about 45-60 fps. I havent done any extensive testing with lower textures or anything tho. unfortunately, If i wanted to switch over to the Intel side of things, which would be the best option for me, I would need a new motherboard.

Hope somebody can answer this for me.

In director mode, can you place NPCs and object in the scene or is it just basically cheats and a new player skin?

For those with the launcher crashing bug only way I've found to get ingame is

> go to device manager > disable nvidia gpu > luanch game > re-enable nvidia gpu

I dunno whats causing it but at least you can play the game this way

Has anyone tried native DS4 support yet, as in using it without DS4Windows or equivalent? It sounded too good to be true but apparently Dying Light can do exactly that, showing DS4 button prompts and even using the lightbar without needing any other software.

Edit: This post says that Dying Light can only do that if the DS4 is connected by USB rather than Bluetooth in case anyone wants to try it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/dyinglight/comments/2vzgws/pc_version_always_use_ds4_icons/

There's been other games that natively support DS4.

Dinjoralo

I'm going to try playing the game at a lower resolution when I get back home, and seeing if that solves my CPU-bound framerate issues.

Sullichin

Can i still use steam in home streaming if i add the gmg version to my librarary? got tempted by the cheaper price and didnt think of the consequences :0

I am not able to get IHS to work. I can't get the game to launch from Steam. I have the GMG version. Your mileage may vary, let me know if you find a solution!

Ultimadrago

How do you get all the money owed to you from pre-order bonuses and whatnot? Do you have to enter the Steam codes somewhere in-game?

The DS4 works without DS4Windows but the button prompts are the 360 ones.

Yea, I cant either. Sucks because I really want the easy screenshot functionality.

Is there no collectables in the game? Like, any reason to go explore off the beaten path or anything?

It's weird, mine won't launch and displays no error messages either. I thought it was the username bug but it doesn't seem like it (made a new admin account).

I can't seem to find anything on the issue either. =/

The game crashed on me twice, saying that my RSC account has been logged in from elsewhere. I changed the password after the first time it happened. Anyone got the same problem?

I downloaded the ifruit app to try. Any chance it may be that thing acting up?

Has anyone bought the retail version? Does it also come with a download code? I know that's a weird question, but having to install from 7 discs is gonna take a while. I really just want it for collector's sake, otherwise I'd download it.

Top Bottom