• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Carlius

Banned
lol gta 5 has officaly become the most popular and played game outsied of valve games ever. 295k. ridiculous. in less than 24 hours.

Willectro

Banned
Is it possible to have a controller and KB+M connected (and usable) at the same time? I watched Lirik play last night and it appeared that the flight controls were bound to numpad and I'm using a TKL KB. I wonder if I can just pick up my xbox controller and start flying?

Moaradin

Is it possible to have a controller and KB+M connected (and usable) at the same time? I watched Lirik play last night and it appeared that the flight controls were bound to numpad and I'm using a TKL KB. I wonder if I can just pick up my xbox controller and start flying?

Yup, it's pretty seamless.

kris.

Banned

Yeah, on the fly switching.

Yup, I did it last night.

I jumped back and forth between controller and KB/M, on-the-fly.

When driving, I grabbed the controller.

When walking around and gunfighting, I put down the controller and hopped over to the KB/M and went into 1st person mode. Kept right on going. Never had to stop or change any settings.

It's seamless. 1-button to switch camera angles instantly. You never have to pause the game and the game remembers the last method you used, so if you're currently on the KB/M, it'll show a tooltip as to which KB/M button to press if you want to climb a fence or something. If you were on the controller, it would show you the controller button to press. And it knows the specific icons for the X360, XB1 and DS4 controllers.

Willectro

Banned
Yup, I did it last night.

I jumped back and forth between controller and KB/M, on-the-fly.

When driving, I grabbed the controller.

When walking around and gunfighting, I put down the controller and hopped over to the KB/M and went into 1st person mode. Kept right on going. Never had to stop or change any settings.

It's seamless. 1-button to switch camera angles instantly.

Thanks for the details. Glad to hear this is the case, even though the KB+M controls feel pretty good to me so far.

MaLDo

lol gta 5 has officaly become the most popular and played game outsied of valve games ever. 295k. ridiculous. in less than 24 hours.

What that really means? R* was wrong delaying PC version because there are lots of pc players or R* was right because PC players will buy no matter shit happens...??

How do I get rid of the dumb bonus $500k fast? What a dumb decision by R*.
If you got the game from Steam there's an option in DLC to uncheck the bonus money. I have no idea if it works but i don't see why it wouldn't work. i assume you have to do this before you start a game and save it though

louiedog

I haven't touched the single player since maybe two months after last gen launch so I may have forgotten some things, but I would guess buying a shitty stock and not selling it should do it.

Thanks for the details. Glad to hear this is the case, even though the KB+M controls feel pretty good to me so far.

Yea, I tried driving with the KB/M, but it felt weird being so used to the controller. I like the analog controls better for more precise vehicle movement - and especially flying.

But in 1st person mode, when running around and using weapons, the KB/M is sooooooo much better. Aiming is much more accurate with the KB/M compared to the controller.

So, I just jump back and forth depending on what I'm doing, so far as being in vehicles or being on-foot.

Seanspeed

Banned
Bring up phone. Go to internet. Go to money/finance or whatever. Then the NASDAQ name-a-like site. Then you can click on a stock and invest your money into it. All of it, if you want. You can then just let it sit forever and never go back to it, or later on, if you want some quick cash, you should have some waiting for you.

ToiJu

Is there no collectables in the game? Like, any reason to go explore off the beaten path or anything?
There are lots of collectible stuff (some of them were added for current gen console and PC versions) and then there is activities, like Stunt Jumps.

kris.

Banned
how are most playing this game?
keyboard & mouse, or controller? (if controller, which one)

I'm using a wired 360 controller for just about everything because I'm used to it. Gonna try out the KB+M when I get home to see how it feels.

Seanspeed

Banned
There are lots of collectible stuff (some of them were added for current gen console and PC versions) and then there is activities, like Stunt Jumps.
Cool. I must barely be scratching the surface with this game so far.

Absolutely loving it. The motorcycle controls(with a pad) in first person are magnificent. Some of the best arcade-style driving I've ever experienced.

Philtastic

Lol yeah it's the first thing I did and it's kinda wonky, it's not just visuals, it also loads some story elements and stuff, I'm curious how they coded it
It's pretty useless I think, just play the game normally and see for yourself if it runs well

So is the benchmark tool just broken?
It was running, then suddenly gave me "Mission Failed" for leaving the crew behind, then suddenly drops me into the tutorial but it's only partially loaded so there's no radar or aiming reticule, then suddenly asks me if I'm sure I want to quit the game.

Benchmark pls

Is it normal that it takes forever to load after the little robbery segment?

Edit: may have been firewall related, alt-tabbed and noticed a pop up

Edit: ok so the benchmark is bugged until you play the intro and stuff? Thanks Rockstar

Benchmark will work fine if you beat the prologue and then make sure that you're already in story mode before loading the benchmark tool. It's a pretty good benchmark since it samples almost every time of day setting and environment type and speed at which you could be going with NPCs and cars around.

Cool. I must barely be scratching the surface with this game so far.

Absolutely loving it. The motorcycle controls(with a pad) in first person are magnificent. Some of the best arcade-style driving I've ever experienced.

There are hidden treasures
underwater too - if you know where to look.

;)

feel

If you got the game from Steam there's an option in DLC to uncheck the bonus money. I have no idea if it works but i don't see why it wouldn't work. i assume you have to do this before you start a game and save it though
Ah thanks, will restart and try this, I've only done the intro + random exploring so far so it's no biggie.

??

Buy stuff?
I don't want to own stuff bought with that magic money either, and I imagine wasting $500k on fast food or similar would take a while.

Will try the customizing of random cars and then dumping them suggestion if the dlc one doesn't work.

Skyrim is still the third-party game to beat; it peaked at 287k. Steam Charts' data just doesn't go that far back. If GTAV were a Steamworks game, though, there's a good chance it'd be the new non-Valve top dog.

Well...
1cRNTcY.png

I guess we have a new top-dog in town.

That's Steam ONLY.
That's not counting all the people that are playing a copy they didn't buy on Steam.

It's weird, mine won't launch and displays no error messages either. I thought it was the username bug but it doesn't seem like it (made a new admin account).

I can't seem to find anything on the issue either. =/

Sounds like what mine was doing. It turned out to be Avast blocking the launcher from running. Try disabling whatever antuvirus you use.

Holdfing

Dinjoralo

I do like how you can bring up your phone by clicking the mousewheel, and move through options by scrolling. That's a nice feature, too bad the game never mentions it.

AdanVC

Dayummmmmmmmm wish I could have a monster PC to play this maxed out... It's been like 10 years since the last GTA game I played. Have fun those playing it in PC. Especially those playing it for the first time and skipped the last gen and PS4/X1 versions! That sure must have been a pain to wait all that time.

Fordfx2

I think R* needs to give us a companion app with a map, like Ass Creed unity. I think the GTAV companion app is stupid as hell. I don't wanna play with chop on my phone and the upgrading the car thing is useless once the cars been modded to its fullest. Anyone agree with me?

Dinjoralo

Yea, I tried driving with the KB/M, but it felt weird being so used to the controller. I like the analog controls better for more precise vehicle movement - and especially flying.

But in 1st person mode, when running around and using weapons, the KB/M is sooooooo much better. Aiming is much more accurate with the KB/M compared to the controller.

So, I just jump back and forth depending on what I'm doing, so far as being in vehicles or being on-foot.

You can set the mouse to steering in the keyboard and mouse options. It's a bit weird at first, but you can still move the camera by holding down LMB.

Has anyone bought the retail version? Does it also come with a download code? I know that's a weird question, but having to install from 7 discs is gonna take a while. I really just want it for collector's sake, otherwise I'd download it.

I'd like to know this as well. After work I'll be picking up my reserved physical copy due to Best Buys GCUL.

Seanspeed

Banned
Anyone know how to get DSR running for this? I don't see it when I pull the program up in NVIDIA control panel.
Go to 'Manage 3D settings'. Check that you're on the Global Settings tab.

Then you'll see an option for DSR factors - and it gives you a list of options you can pick(just check all of them).

Then DSR smoothness, where 0% is sharp and 100% is blurry(I'd recommend 10-20%).

Top Bottom