• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Seanspeed

Banned
Dayummmmmmmmm wish I could have a monster PC to play this maxed out... It's been like 10 years since the last GTA game I played. Have fun those playing it in PC. Especially those playing it for the first time and skipped the last gen and PS4/X1 versions! That sure must have been a pain to wait all that time.
I have a pretty nice PC but I'm still feeling jealous of those playing it with Titan X's at 4K. The game *really* cleans up at high resolutions.

Effect

So what are chances we could see mods that add more interiors to the game (using perhaps assets already in the game)? To complicated of an endeavor?

I think R* needs to give us a companion app with a map, like Ass Creed unity. I think the GTAV companion app is stupid as hell. I don't wanna play with chop on my phone and the upgrading the car thing is useless once the cars been modded to its fullest. Anyone agree with me?

It's already been done by a fan. You can access the map via website here :-

http://gta-5-map.com/

Alternatively you can download the Android of IOS app.

Warning the map does contain the location of hidden objects so don't go there if you don't want to know.

mkenyon

Banned
GTA V is like a buffet restaurant. Almost everything there is garbage, and you would never ever order it by itself if you were at a proper restaurant. Its only strength is that it has everything. They might have a few dishes that are actually okay though, so you keep going back anyway.

I think my #1 gripe is the shit cover system they force you to use to be successful at a high level, which completely strangles movement and player agency.

Can't wait to get home and play more though. The lols are too good.

Disappointed with the lack of SMAA. MSAA+TXAA is too fucking taxing just to get rid of shimmering better. Am having to deal with FXAA only to keep framerate above 60 at all times.

I have a pretty nice PC but I'm still feeling jealous of those playing it with Titan X's at 4K. The game *really* cleans up at high resolutions.

Same here.

So what are chances we could see mods that add more interiors to the game (using perhaps assets already in the game)? To complicated of a endeavor?
Still waiting to find out if the game allows mods. Rockstar's been asked about mod support once and gave a vague, somewhat disconcerting answer.

Has anyone had a look around the files yet? Where's handling.dat at?
There's a trainer. Trainers are different from mods though. Alter memory thingamajigs in realtime, don't alter any files. It's kind of a good sign though, I hope.

ahm998

community_image_1428972567.gif

<3 love this GIF

Ragus

Banned
Any alternative way to download the 5gb patch? I bought retail to cut the waiting and now I'm stuck at 10h of downloading a 5gb patch.

mkenyon

Banned
Are purchased cars still useless as a result of not respawning if they get destroyed?
You just call the insurance on your contacts and they fix it for free.

*edit*

Oh yeah, last major complaint:

FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR FOR NOT LETTING ME SPAM BUTTONS TO SKIP THROUGH FUCKING CUTSCENE AFTER CUTSCENE AFTER FORCED TEXT TIP POPUP AFTER CUTSCENE AND MAKING ME WASTE 4 HOURS ON WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN 30 MINUTES FOR THE TUTORIAL. FUCK YOU SINCERELY.

That is all.

AdanVC

My god... it must look insaneeeeee. At least we have the screenshot thread to see them in all it's glory.

You just call the insurance on your contacts and they fix it for free.

Wait, what? Has this feature been there since 2013 and I just didn't know it?

Let me be more specific: suppose I got blown up while in a car chase, car included. I walk out from the hospital, call insurance, and... the car reappears at one of my garages?

Wait, what? Has this feature been there since 2013 and I just didn't know it?

Let me be more specific: suppose I got blown up while in a car chase, car included. I walk out from the hospital, call insurance, and... the car reappears at one of my garages?

I thought insurance was for online only? I know if you abandon your non-character car while it's still alive, sometimes it will show up at the Police impound, but not always. It's best to limit upgrades to just the player cars, at least until the end of the game when you've got more money than you can ever hope to spend.

nowarning

Whoa? There's a 3D mode? Didn't see any mention of it in the Menus last night ... care to elaborate?

I just read it supports nvidia 3D vision, never used it myself. Just got in now so I'm gonna look it up, didn't know you had to buy the bloody software though. I'm sure I've played something on my TV in 3D before without having to buy that.

Can you turn off the $500000 DLC mid story mode game? I thought it was online money only, played for couple of missions and I have 500G on my character.

Nuvola

Neo Member
Can't win with this game, slow loading times, random crashes, i've got a good setup too. Theres a certain part in the north near the airfield where it crashes every time without fail doesn't matter if its single player or online. And for a friend, his single player runs great but the moment he goes online his fps drops to about 15. Just praying for another patch at this point

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but it seems like Rockstar's download servers have been sending corrupted files during the download for GTAV for anyone not playing the Steam version:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftA...und_a_fix_for_the_social_club_download_reset/

My game was having a bizarre issue where I'd be able to play the prologue perfectly fine until the moment where the mission has you take control of the getaway vehicle, where it would always freeze up and eventually crash.

On comparison with a working game's files, no less than half of my downloaded RPF files were giving different MD5 hash results compared to the working game. I am now attempting to redownload 20 GB worth of files that were seemingly corrupted during the preload. The game still showed up as 60+ GB on my HDD, but obviously 20 GB of that were dummy files.

So if you're running into any weird issues, hit up the Reddit link above, download WinMD5Free and start verifying your files.

Apparently this can also fix the launcher issues people have been having as well.

Last time I'm ever downloading from Rockstar directly, that's for sure.

dcassell

Banned
Played online and the first mission was a 12 minute helicopter race. Nobody could figure out how to steer with M+KB, and hovered at the starting line for 3 minutes. Figured it out eventually, and oh my god helicopters are sensitive compared to how cars handle in the game.

denx

Still can't get the launcher to work, already tried some of the workarounds suggested here *sigh*

I'll wait a couple of hours and see if the problem is fixed then.

SliChillax

The lighting seems to have some bugs, character models have weird shadows or polygons when they're topless and I also sometimes have this weird rectangle light following me
BM6O8Y8.jpg

metzger203

Hey guys, is there any way to change my online character's appearance? For some reason it completely screwed my character up after I created him (gave him makeup and stuff?) and it really bothers me. If not, will I lose all of my bonus money if I delete him?

Also, what apartment should I buy first? Thanks for the help!

I had the same problem and was convinced I messed up and somehow selected red lipstick and pencil thin eyebrows, but it seems those settings just didn't save during the character creator. You can change makeup and other facial features at any barber shop, though.

As for an apartment I'd recommend Richards Majestic #51. 10 car garage, close to a Los Santos Customs, and nice views of both the beach and the hills (without any other buildings obscuring the views.)

You can also take advantage of the lowered garage entry to get out of sight and shake the cops pretty easily.

ktroopa

The lighting seems to have some bugs, character models have weird shadows or polygons when they're topless and also I sometimes have this weird rectangle light following me
BM6O8Y8.jpg

i can confirm this exists also, i first saw it when you visit the dealership with lamar and get into the white car to go home.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
feeling let down by this.

i don't have the best PC but struggling to get 1080p 60fps. i5-4590, 8GB, 290 4GB. need to go down to normal settings and x2 aliasing at most. shadows/lights are glitching. mouse/keyboard input is lagging. loads of pop in.

seriously considering a refund if steam allow it.

tariniel

Would you say the single player + playing with randoms online is worth the cost of entry for GTAV? No one in my group of friends plans on buying it and I'm debating if I want it now or wait for 50% off. I've played every GTA game since GTA3 and enjoyed them.

I'm also slightly worried about my hardware: GTX 680, i5 2500k, 8gb ram.

Some amazing shots.

A buddy of mines had a crc error with one of his installation discs sadly. Had to lend him mine to finish installing. Anyone else had problems with the disks?
Yup. Especially considering retail and key website copies do not activate on Steam.

Top Bottom