• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Step 1. Get friends
Step 2. Have a fuckton of fun

Getting friends is hard work though..

Just bought this. No idea if it's actually going to run on my pc. Guess I'll find out in about 10 hours when it's done downloading.
Oh, nevermind. It's only going to be a 50 minute download.

Ark

Your phone has a quick job tile. It will search for races, jobs, parachuting, everything. You can start your own jobs too, and invite friends or everyone in the city right now in your instance. You rank up, unlock more missions, heists. Earn money. Buy cars, jets, apartments. It never stops.

Edit: As posted above, you can travel to the icons too, although I wouldn't recommend that method. There are so many that there's no point. Use the phone.

It seems like it's not well explained, but it's because there's just too much. Golfing is so much fun, too. Make friends to play with if you don't have any. It's almost necessary since randoms are just terrible.

Ah I'll give that a try then. Thanks.

Step 1. Get friends
Step 2. Have a fuckton of fun

I've got step 1 covered, I was just curious because I was running around by myself.

tariniel

Is it worth paying an extra $12 to get the Steam version? What's the advantage other than your Steam friends seeing you play it?

garath

Is it worth paying an extra $12 to get the Steam version? What's the advantage other than your Steam friends seeing you play it?

You'll be able to download it in a timely fashion and probably play today as opposed to tomorrow. Lol

I was playing at 7:20 est last night. Preload took 3.5 hours and the unlocking + last download bit took 20 min.

That said, if I didn't have a big chunk of steam credit, I probably would have gone bargain hunting, rockstar social club be damned.

SHarris78

I pre-loaded GTAV on Steam a few days ago, i've just opened Steam and its on 99%, the bar at the bottom says its downloading but next to the games name on the left hand side theres no indication its downloading anything. Anybody else had this problem?

I'm also slightly worried about my hardware: GTX 680, i5 2500k, 8gb ram.

Don't be, that setup will handle the game just fine. You won't be maxing it or anything, but a few tweaks here and there and you'll be running at a solid 1080p/60. Just stay away from MSAA and stick with FXAA. This is a far cry from the absolute disaster of a port that was GTA IV.

garath

I pre-loaded GTAV on Steam a few days ago, i've just opened Steam and its on 99%, the bar at the bottom says its downloading but next to the games name on the left hand side theres no indication its downloading anything. Anybody else had this problem?

Probably unpacking the preload. That process takes 20min+ depending on your system.

You'll be able to download it in a timely fashion and probably play today as opposed to tomorrow. Lol

I was playing at 7:20 est last night. Preload took 3.5 hours and the unlocking + last download bit took 20 min.

That said, if I didn't have a big chunk of steam credit, I probably would have gone bargain hunting, rockstar social club be damned.

Having your game tied to your Steam account so it's slightly simpler to redownload on another PC.

Faster download speeds.

That's about it.

How much slower is the Social Club download?

Foffy

Banned
How well can a GTX 580 run the game at 1080p/60fps? What can't be put at max, besides the AA? I can handle the AA hit.

Enco

Is there a way to fix the shit download speeds?

Getting about 1-30kbps half the time and connection lost the other. Pretty pathetic.

Caayn

How much slower is the Social Club download?
Pretty fucking slow.
0uxtA8z.png

GTA Online seems to be a hot mess right now. I finally ended up in a world with 26 other people, but then they either all disconnected or quit at once. Seems to be hard to find people.

Salsa

some serious overlaping between this thread and the PC performance one, lol

wish people were talking more about the game itself but I guess it's still early

Unain

Fixed my Issue with the GTAVLauncher crashing on the error message: BEX64.

I uninstalled Comodo Firewall and suddenly the launcher wasn't crashing anymore.
Adding the launcher to the trusted applications still makes it crash.

At least I can start playing now :D.

garath

Hmm.. doesn't seem like the phone iFruit app is updated for the PC yet :/ I was going to try it out but it only gives console options when you setup. Sigh

Syder

Currently experiencing THIS glitch. Completely game breaking. I've tried restarting, going into online, starting the mission as Franklin, starting it as Michael, going off and doing other stuff for a while and then coming back to it. I've tried different graphics settings, resolutions and framerates. I can't see any fixes for this anywhere and the last thing I want to do right now is restart the fucking campaign.

I was more than happy to wait the extra time for this and now I'm just getting frustrated, especially as I see lots of other people are having issues. Fuck. I just wanted to do the story.

Philtastic

Getting friends is hard work though..

Just bought this. No idea if it's actually going to run on my pc. Guess I'll find out in about 10 hours when it's done downloading.
Oh, nevermind. It's only going to be a 50 minute download.
It runs playably (not very well, however) on integrated HD 4400 on my Surface Pro 2. You will definitely be able to run it at least on lowest details which still looks pretty awesome.

How well can a GTX 580 run the game at 1080p/60fps? What can't be put at max, besides the AA? I can handle the AA hit.
It should run well but you probably won't be able to turn on the "Advanced" graphic options and I would recommend keeping Shadow Quality to Normal/High and Soft Shadows to Soft or Softer. Don't even think about turning on MSAA.

Stevey

Currently experiencing THIS glitch. Completely game breaking. I've tried restarting, going into online, starting the mission as Franklin, starting it as Michael, going off and doing other stuff for a while and then coming back to it. I've tried different graphics settings, resolutions and framerates. I can't see any fixes for this anywhere and the last thing I want to do right now is restart the fucking campaign.

I was more than happy to wait the extra time for this and now I'm just getting frustrated, especially as I see lots of other people are having issues. Fuck. I just wanted to do the story.

Just restart the campaign, you're like 2 hours into it.

ktroopa

oh man driving them bikes at full whack in first person completely fucking rules. fps remains smooth and so much detail. ive never seen any game this detailed before and of course free camera so you can look around. i WILL spend hours just cruising the city. PC version is the definitive version. FACT

epmode

some serious overlaping between this thread and the PC performance one, lol

wish people were talking more about the game itself but I guess it's still early

Having ignored practically everything about this game until now, I'm basically stunned by something different every few minutes. The game's budget was ridiculous but it's honestly all onscreen.

I think I'm hooked, GAF.

Salsa

Having ignored practically everything about this game until now, I'm basically stunned by something different every few minutes. The game's budget was ridiculous but it's honestly all onscreen.

I think I'm hooked, GAF.

I feel the same way

im actually surprised at how there's so much stuff in I had no idea about, considering I didnt really actively avoid it; I just wasnt interested in seeing the game till I could play it

I haven't OC'd my i5 so I think it's still running at stock (3.3ghz?). I've OC'd before but never had much reason to, so if I get bad performance I could always figure it out again.

GMG also has a voucher that makes it ~$48 so I think I'll grab it. Does anyone know of a better deal anywhere else?

OCing the i5 is a pretty painless procedure. The only issue I could see is if you're running the stock heatsink/fan, especially if you haven't cleaned out your rig in a while, in which case OCing will probably lead to temperature issues pretty quick. But the game takes advantage of higher clock speeds, especially in wooded/grassy areas, so it's probably worth at least trying to squeeze out some extra MHz where you can.

As for GMG, it seems like people who are getting the game from non-Steam sources (GMG, Rockstar, physical media) are reporting more issues with slow downloads and install errors than Steam users. I've also heard concerns that because of Rockstar's DRM, the game gets tied to a single computer, as opposed to Steam which is tied to your account, but that might have been baseless FUD. In any case, there are loads of people who bought the game through GMG and have been enjoying it since launch and plenty of people on Steam who have had issues, so go with your gut. I figured an extra $12 (or even $30 from some of the deals people were getting through foreign sites) was worth the convenience of having the game in my Steam library, but if money is an issue, you'll probably be fine with GMG. They seem to have an excellent reputation.

TMC

I apologize if this has already been asked. Are animals available online? One thing that bummed me out about the PS4 version.

I've actually started driving with the M+KB. It's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Also really enjoying first person online play. Adds a real sense of urgency.

Top Bottom