• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

I've been wanting to play this since it came out. I wanted to wait for the pc release. Well it's finally here but looking through the performance thread it seems my system won't be able to handle this game at 1080p like I had hoped. So now I have to wait until I build a new pc to play. I've managed to avoid too many spoilers about this game so far. I can't believe this game has already been out for almost two years.
I plan on building by the time Skylake comes out and I'm really hoping that is sometime this year.

epmode

Oh, right. I was testing pad controls for the first time after the prologue mission. Remember when you're first given control of Franklin? Well, there's this adorable cat doing cat things right next to you, in the alley. ..and I didn't realize that B was the cat murdering button.

i hope the story dlc is a legit continuation of the story and not some alternate zombies/alien thinglike undead nightmare..although i loved undead nightmare

Syder

Just restart the campaign, you're like 2 hours into it.

And when I restart the campaign and it happens again.. I mean, this is a glitch that was present in the console versions. The game was delayed so much and this simple thing isn't fixed. It's astonishing.

Van

Oh, right. I was testing pad controls for the first time after the prologue mission. Remember when you're first given control of Franklin? Well, there's this adorable cat doing cat things right next to you, in the alley. ..and I didn't realize that B was the cat murdering button.
YOU MONSTER

So it generally is well optimized? Whats the consensus?

The consensus is yes. A few people are having issues, so there's no guarantee that you wouldn't see some too. Might help to look for people with similar specs to you and see what they've said specifically about their own experience. But overall, it's well-optimized for most people.

Someone needs to be first!

I have a ton of playlists and barely any music on my computer so that personal radio station is a bit useless for me.

Can't you just leave Spotify running in the background? Or are you specifically looking to only have it come up while driving?

First plane experience earlier
Got 3 stars as I entered the airport
Police shot one of the engines, I think it's fine
Other eventually runs out, have to jump out into this narrow canal
Hit the pier
Wasted

Zemm

Can't you just leave Spotify running in the background? Or are you specifically looking to only have it come up while driving?

yeah exactly the latter part. Probably not an easy thing for them to implement, I'm not even complaining really, just something that would have been really nice to have.

Kabouter

Hit the pier
Wasted

Those police bastards shot my blimp down when I tried flying for the first time.

Caayn

Hit the pier
Wasted
If you buy the hanger on the airport you shouldn't get any stars on the airport. Costs a pretty penny though.

Ketch

I also sent a request, username: Ketchy

I do not understand how you are supposed to play the online. Also, I didn't preorder and I still got like 500k, but I don't want it because it ruins the game for me. kind of sucks.

Fuck R* and their stupid DRM. Why the hell is my steam account linked to a Social Club that I never used? While my game is activated on another account. And why can't I unbind those accounts.

Also why is their "support" section so shit. I get a response to my problem after 15 hours asking for more information which I promptly give. Then silence.

So close to returning this game.

epmode

I do not understand how you are supposed to play the online. Also, I didn't preorder and I still got like 500k, but I don't want it because it ruins the game for me. kind of sucks.

Steamworks games allow you to disable specific bits of DLC. Too bad about that Social Club requirement!

Dezeer

Can I "re-roll" my online character or delete it and still use the old name? I made some bad choices, I didn't spend enough time trying out different looks in the character creation and was immediately greeted by much better looking characters in the first mission.

Is there any sites, threads or posts that have general tips on what things to consider or what things are must do for online and things that should be avoided?

Is there any change to see a controller config that allowed to fly planes and helicopters with hotas?

laxu

Rockstar still don't know jack shit about menswear, many of the high end clothes look awful. The shoes they label as Oxfords aren't Oxfords and most of the other shoe options are the kind that no man should wear.

I might do a shoe mod when someone figures out how to swap models and textures.

Lender

Is the RGSC messed up or am I doing something wrong with the snapmatic? I take a photo, save it to gallery but nothing appears on my profile. Is it just for me or for others as well?

Portman

Can someone accept my request to join GAF Street? Name is Sagan.

Don't see your request to join. Head here and request an invite then we'll get you added.

I also sent a request, username: Ketchy

Got you accepted for the crew so you'll just need to accept it on your side. Yeah I'm a bit worried about the money throwing off the game since I've read about stuff being expensive and I want to work my way up to it. If I can't find anything about the stock market I may just use the funds to experiment and see if I can learn how it works.

Oh, there is a GAF ingame thing? Guess I should join that too, name is Retuobak on there I think :p

Same as the initial response, head to the crew's site and put a request in and we'll get you added.

I'm dreading tonight since the reports about the post install patch download speed have me worried that I won't get to play it before it gets late. Hopefully the patch speeds up or I guess I'll have an excuse to leave the computer going with the download.

SlickVic

some serious overlaping between this thread and the PC performance one, lol

wish people were talking more about the game itself but I guess it's still early

Well to be fair the majority here have probably already played through the game before. Unless they didn't finish their first playthrough, I question how many double or triple dippers actually bought the PC version to replay the story (not that there aren't some out there!). I think a lot of us here just want to have the ultimate edition of the game to mess around in the sandbox, show off the hardware capabilities, and dabble in some GTA Online.

If there's one issue with these current gen and PC releases its that they should've let you transfer over your single player progress from last gen. I'm guessing there were some technical issues preventing this, but I had some side missions left incomplete from my PS3 save that I'll probably never get back to (not to mention some epic mid to late game missions that I wouldn't mind replaying) because I'm probably not going to replay the entire game again.

Giving away a shit ton of in-game money for pre-ordering is dumb as fuck. Any way throw away the money in MP?

Put it all into stock. GTA V on last-gen consoles has the gun company at $1k a share. Right now the PC version is $500 and it will go up. I'm gonna make so much money mayne

Top Bottom