• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Blizzard

Banned
I was watching a streamer go into the gun store and I kept thinking -- can one rob the gunstore ingame? There's only one owner there, but it seems to make the player walk more slowly than normal so I didn't know if controls were restricted.

Kinda disappointed that the Euphoria physics are still toned down from Rockstar's previous stuff. Wonder if VI will even have it, considering Zynga owns NaturalMotion now.

mhayze

I have a Xbox controller connected to my PC - other than the vehicles, is the game better with a controller than KB/M for people who generally prefer mouse controls?

I have a Xbox controller connected to my PC - other than the vehicles, is the game better with a controller than KB/M for people who generally prefer mouse controls?

well from the comments I've seen the mouse is the best for shooting (obviously)...controller would still be the better option for driving

oneils

still can't get the launcher to work. I've tried all sorts of work arounds and none of them have worked. boooo. Hopefully a patch will come out soon. In the meantime, have fun everyone! Looks awesome!

Sullichin

For the amount of times I bought this game I really should have played more of it...
I am going to beat it this time. Pretty floored by the PC version. I keep switching controls between KB/M while shooting and controller while driving and at first I thought that was awesome, but it's getting kind of annoying. I really don't like driving with KB/M though and the FPS controls are way better with KB/M - I'm surprised how good the shooting feels!

While exploring as Franklin I ran into an NPC that asked me if I knew Spanish. Franklin didn't. Do any of the characters know spanish? Is this random dude some quest giver?

asker

Giving away a shit ton of in-game money for pre-ordering is dumb as fuck. Any way throw away the money in MP?
I wonder the same thing but for single player. It has actually sapped my enjoyment of the game having $500.000 at the start. I want to get rid of this money without getting any benefits like buying weapons, stock or anything. Any solutions yet?

With the disc version you still have to download 5GB. Going to take me an hour according to the screen. Did this need an 8th disc? Maybe they had a large patch which didn't make it?

I got the game at GMG without knowing it's the Social Club version instead of Steam. Been downloading it for six hours now and now my download speed dropped to 20Kb/s

asker

Without spoiling too much (and please, still post in spoiler tags), is there ever something to be found by exploring roof tops, alleys and weird locations? Like hidden packages, weapons or any such thing?

With the disc version you still have to download 5GB. Going to take me an hour according to the screen. Did this need an 8th disc? Maybe they had a large patch which didn't make it?

Same situation, but I'm looking at 2.30hrs

Any idea if you have to keep disk one In the drive? First physical game I've bought for PC

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I got the game at GMG without knowing it's the Social Club version instead of Steam. Been downloading it for six hours now and now my download speed dropped to 20Kb/s

A couple people torrented the pre load for faster speeds and moved it to their RSC version folder. You still have to download the patches right after though.

heringer

Uh, after the boat mission (Father/Son) no other mission shows up. Is that a bug?

Also, for people playing with gamepads, how are your sensitivity, deadzone and acceleration settings? I'm trying to find one that is closer to CoD.

heringer

sogood.gif

Nah. Sometimes it takes a bit to get a phone call or text or whatever for a new mission. You also might try changing to the other character and see if they have any missions open.

Weird. I was driving around for quite a bit of time and nothing appeared. Tried with both characters.

zeox

Been getting this message for a while now when trying to go online:
"Your save data could not be loaded from the Rockstar cloud servers at this time"

Is there a fix for this?

Just did the first heist and got introduced to trevor
Was nice, I'm not a huge fan of trevor's power (and I'm not sure what it does, instagib ?), franklin's power is def the best

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Without spoiling too much (and please, still post in spoiler tags), is there ever something to be found by exploring roof tops, alleys and weird locations? Like hidden packages, weapons or any such thing?

there's a couple of collectables. parts for a
UFO
. some notes about
a serial killer
and some toxic waste when you find the
submarine
. I think that's it. it's been a while. The first one will get you something. I think the rest are just achievements.

RulkezX

I'm an idiot for triple dipping. I only finished the SP on PS4 last Monday but bought the PC version from Nuuvem to play GTAO with my community........

Turns out GTAO is still shit with friends.

Weird. I was driving around for quite a bit of time and nothing appeared. Tried with both characters.

Did you do the "Strangers and Freaks" Tow Truck mission for Tonya yet? I'm at the same place in the game and no further missions opened up until I did that one. It starts right across the street from Franklin's house, but it's only available at certain times of the day. Look for the question mark icon on your map/radar.

oneils

I decided to file a support ticket with Rockstar and they ask for a msinfo file. I created the file and attached it to my ticket and noticed something strange.

When I boot windows and pick an account to use, my username shows up as "oneils"

But, in the msinfo file, my username shows up as PCname\oneils

how the hell does that happen?

Anyone having the loading issue where it indefinitely loads when you start story or a benchmark? My buddy hasn't been able to play since launch because it just loads forever when he tries to start anything from the main menu.

asker

there's a couple of collectables. parts for a
UFO
. some notes about
a serial killer
and some toxic waste when you find the
submarine
. I think that's it. it's been a while. The first one will get you something. I think the rest are just achievements.
That's disappointing. There are so many ladders and cool areas to explore, and I've only been playing for 2 hours. Seems like such a waste that there is no reward for doing some extra exploration

Put it into stocks.
I actually specified stock as one of the things that I count as beneficial to my character and thus something I don't want. I'm soon gonna have to resort to trying to find the memory address that stores the money and modify it that way.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
That's disappointing. There are so many ladders and cool areas to explore, and I've only been playing for 2 hours. Seems like such a waste that there is no reward for doing some extra exploration

yeah it isn't great. I thought it was a real missed opportunity given the detailed world.

Rockstar still seem to want to go for that realistic-ish thing which sucks a lot of the fun out of these games.

Sullichin

I decided to file a support ticket with Rockstar and they ask for a msinfo file. I created the file and attached it to my ticket and noticed something strange.

When I boot windows and pick an account to use, my username shows up as "oneils"

But, in the msinfo file, my username shows up as PCname\oneils

That is normal.

Dr.Acula

Banned
yeah it isn't great. I thought it was a real missed opportunity given the detailed world.

Rockstar still seem to want to go for that realistic-ish thing which sucks a lot of the fun out of these games.

I was playing Arkham City recently and the cameras, riddler trophies, balloons, etc. glowing and bouncing everywhere were majorly distracting. There are certainly things to collect in GTAV, I'm just glad they're not blinking from 100m away tempting you from the mission. There are also jumps to do, and some other world-based secrets/objectives.

aravuus

Is there a thread for Rockstar Editor stuff? I want to watch entertaining clips while I curse the fact that I can't afford triple dipping right onw

But, in the msinfo file, my username shows up as PCnameoneils

Thats how usernames in windows work. the thing before is the domain or hostname. It is nessesary to distinguish between those in coorporate domains because usernames aren't unique between computers while hostnames should be.

oneils

Thats how usernames in windows work. the thing before is the domain or hostname. It is nessesary to distinguish between those in coorporate domains because usernames aren't unique between computers while hostnames should be.

thanks guys. Well, I filed the support ticket. Hopefully they can figure out a solution.

Top Bottom