• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

BrumGB

I triple dipped :| many expense.

Downloaded and saving for the weekend, will set it up tonight though as I've read about people having so many problems.

@docbon thanks for the geforce experience tip, will try that if I get nowhere.

Effect

Didn't realize the GreenManGaming version of the game didn't work on steam if I read a previous post correctly. Is there going to be any issue trying to use that code in the US on this social club program Rockstar has?

Been getting this message for a while now when trying to go online:
"Your save data could not be loaded from the Rockstar cloud servers at this time"

Is there a fix for this?

I was getting it most of the time last night. I tested it and it was still saving for me. But its not a guarantee that it will.

My bad, I read that as saved not loaded.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
FUCK.. I signed into my Rockstar Social Club account on the web with my Xbox Live account while GTA V was downloading/installing. I activated the PC game with my steam code. After the game was done, I tried to sign in on the pop up window before the game starts, I couldn't because they don't allow the Xbox Live sign in. I then created an account, and linked my Xbox Live account to it, thinking that would solve my problem. It linked just fine, but when I signed in on the pop up before the game. It says "Rockstar activation code already in use."

I'm pretty fucking pissed off. I don't have much time to play games anymore, and I don't want to have to deal with this.. I already submitted a ticket for support.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Ciastek3214

Did anyone play this game using Steam Family Sharing? If so, then I have a question. Do I need to know the RSC login info of the person who bought the game, or can I just make my own account and play without problems?

So is the pre-order money only given to Franklin? He got 500K at the start, but the other two got jackshit.

Also, amazing how Rockstar has a perfectly good way of dealing with purchased vehicles (special edition stuff like the Elegy can be accessed by using the garage menu, and will respawn even if destroyed) and yet continue to inconvenience players with their realism bullshit (who the fuck wants to deal with impounded cars?).

Salsa

Trevor also has a shit ton of money when you get him

I think the only one that doesnt get the preorder money is Michael. its weird.

garath

So am I missing something here? I had the first foot chase mission and the tooltips were telling me that my stamina would go down as I ran and if I ran out of stamina I'd start losing health. Where exactly is the stamina and health on the hud? lol. All I see are these Green, yellow and blue bars on the lower left that weren't budging even as I ran.

I feel like I'm losing my mind. Where's the real hud?

Komo

Banned
The problem is once the game launches, steam thinks you've quit out of it.It can't keep track after social club launches it.

I don't really think that's the issue. Anytime I try to launch PlayGTAV.exe through Steam, I get a message shortly after the splash screen saying 'LaunchGTAV.exe has stopped working'

Trevor also has a shit ton of money when you get him

I think the only one that doesnt get the preorder money is Michael. its weird.

Franklin is the only character that gets preorder money as far as SP goes

So am I missing something here? I had the first foot chase mission and the tooltips were telling me that my stamina would go down as I ran and if I ran out of stamina I'd start losing health. Where exactly is the stamina and health on the hud? lol. All I see are these Green, yellow and blue bars on the lower left that weren't budging even as I ran.

I feel like I'm losing my mind. Where's the real hud?

Green - Health
Blue - Body Armor (if you've bought/found any)
Yellow - Special Ability

There is no stamina bar on the main HUD. In Triathlons you get one so you can pace yourself. Each character has their own stamina stat that you build up through running/sprinting.

Green - Health
Blue - Body Armor (if you've bought/found any)
Yellow - Special Ability

There is no stamina bar on the main HUD. In Triathlons you get one so you can pace yourself. Each character has their own stamina stat that you build up through running/sprinting.

Also you'll lose health if you sprint for too long (depends on stamina stat).

heringer

Did you do the "Strangers and Freaks" Tow Truck mission for Tonya yet? I'm at the same place in the game and no further missions opened up until I did that one. It starts right across the street from Franklin's house, but it's only available at certain times of the day. Look for the question mark icon on your map/radar.

That did the trick. Thanks!

Which is pretty silly in the context of the story. Yeah, broke-ass Michael is going to take this kid under his wing and help him make something of himself, despite the kid having half a million dollars and a personal blimp on speed dial. "I'm mortgaged up to my eyeballs
and I just pulled a rich gangster's house off a cliff
." "Yeah, good luck with that, I'ma go fly my blimp and make it rain on the poors because I can't think of any better way to get rid of all this money."

Yeah, doesn't give a lot to go off of other than it crashes.
txDXSO5.png

Tainted

I have a big problem with the "pulling the House down" mission at the beginning of the game. i tried it for the second time now and had the same bad result. so i cannot progress in storymode...

http://i.imgur.com/RX04Soc.gifv

Who can helP?

I remember having a similar problem on the PS4 (not to that extreme though). I managed to trigger the cutscene by manoeuvring around a bit, trying different angles when driving off and eventually it triggered

Effect

Guess something doesn't want me playing this game. GreenManGaming isn't accepting my card as payment. Used it twice before in the past with other games. Just recently used it on NewEgg with no trouble too. I could go with the Steam copy but wanted to get it as cheaply as possible.

Guess something doesn't want me playing this game. GreenManGaming isn't accepting my card as payment. Used it twice before in the past with other games. Just recently used it on NewEgg with no trouble too. I could go with the Steam copy but wanted to get it as cheaply as possible.

I've always had that problem. Just used paypal instead and it works fine

samn

I don't really think that's the issue. Anytime I try to launch PlayGTAV.exe through Steam, I get a message shortly after the splash screen saying 'LaunchGTAV.exe has stopped working'

Go to PlayGTA.exe (might be one of the others) and set compat settings to run as admin.

That gets it loading but it doesn't fix the issue I described.

Longshot

Shooting range is piss easy with a mouse. 25% off for everyone!
Yeah, I maxed Michael's shooting ability last night lol.

Just a reminder to everybody, if I recall correctly, finish the assassination missions after you complete the story, this will give you more money in the end.

ARE YOU FOR FUCKING SERIOUS?

The entire reason I couldn't play GTA V yesterday or all day today was because I had MacType installed. A program that has never given me any issues but apparently being installed stopped the launcher from launching.

I have no words...

Fuck PC gaming sometimes, seriously.

MayMay

Banned
So glad the online servers work without problems..

Been only playing GTA Online with friends (and alone) since the game launched - and I'm having a blast.

SP can wait.

How do we get out snapshots ingame to RSC or w/e?

You go to the menu, and then to the far right there should be a Tab "Gallery" (it might be hidden, cant remember but just keep going right and itll pop up) and from there you can upload stuff.

ARE YOU FOR FUCKING SERIOUS?

The entire reason I couldn't play GTA V yesterday or all day today was because I had MacType installed. A program that has never given me any issues but apparently being installed stopped the launcher from launching.

I have no words...

Fuck PC gaming sometimes, seriously.
I use mactype also... Lemme see if that fixes my issues too.

Sarcasm

So glad the online servers work without problems..

Been only playing GTA Online with friends (and alone) since the game launched - and I'm having a blast.

SP can wait.

You go to the menu, and then to the far right there should be a Tab "Gallery" (it might be hidden, cant remember but just keep going right and itll pop up) and from there you can upload stuff.

Thanks.

And I believe there are no servers since it is Peer2Peer.

antitrop

Hoping someone comes up with an infinite money cheat, soon. I already played the game "for real" once, and I had a ton of fun on PS4 just buying everything up with the stock market glitch and letting loose.

Top Bottom