• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Hoping someone comes up with an infinite money cheat, soon. I already played the game "for real" once, and I had a ton of fun on PS4 just buying everything up with the stock market glitch and letting loose.

I imagine you could use Cheat Engine for this in Single Player, no? But you could maybe get banned for that too.

Salsa

found it. uploaded pics to social club but it aint showing yet

edit:

jsynXIElTEGOhnVJyx1bgA_0_0.jpg

ayy

Ptaaty

I am downloading at 10MB a sec from Rockstar Club after using the CDKeys sale. Crazy to get a 60GB game in what should be under 2 hours.

bounchfx

holy shit I am really disappointed right now. I don't know how R* manages to make the first person shooting feel like I'm pushing the mouse through mud. It's incredibly hard to aim at anything because it's so sluggish... why? wtf? I tried Raw Input, Direct Input, etc. and they are different but each one is still bad.

Also, what the fuck is with the 'walking' in first person. It's super disorienting.. even in real life you don't stop for a split second in between steps. It's jarring. I've tried changing settings all the way down as well. I've turned off head bob. It still head bobs.

Lastly, all the trees in the game just flicker like crazy. I'll try updating my drivers, and surprisingly this is the issue that bothers me the least. It's really, really hard to get over how bad the aiming feels and how awkward moving in first person is. Even compared to consoles!

Does anyone know any way to get true raw input of the mouse in the game, and how to turn off the weird footstepping of first person movement? That would immediately make this game 100x better for me.

:(

realcZk

I setup a mumble server for PC GAF GTAV clan if anyone is interested in using it. There's four heist group channels and can add more as needed, hopefully it makes it easier to find heist groups and to talk strategy if you don't want to use the in-game voice chat. If there needs to be more channels, you should have permissions to create them. Feel free to talk about anything you want in the root channel, go wild.

Address: pcgaf.com (104.131.112.225)
Port: 64738 (default)
Password: (quote post to see)

I chose mumble because its free, high quality, and doesn't have a user limit. The free versions of ventrilo are limited at 8 users and teamspeak at 32. This server will be up for the forseeable future, I got lots of hosting credits with digitalocean.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Well... its official I'm not leaving the house ever. GTAV is working really well in the Oculus Rift DK2 using the new VorpX version that just released. Too goooood.

garath

Franklin is the only character that gets preorder money as far as SP goes

Green - Health
Blue - Body Armor (if you've bought/found any)
Yellow - Special Ability

There is no stamina bar on the main HUD. In Triathlons you get one so you can pace yourself. Each character has their own stamina stat that you build up through running/sprinting.

Thanks :) Makes sense. Tooltips can be a little misleading sometimes. Like... where's the PC iFruit app Rockstar? You've only told me about it 6x lol

ISOM

So what are most people playing the game in, first person or third person mode? I find myself switching between the two often, especially during gun fights.

Exuro

Is it possible to inject R* version of GTA V to Steam version?
Can I just copy the files to the steam game folder?
The closest thing you can do is add it as a non steam game so you can launch it from your library but you can't get achievements or download/update it via steam. You'll have to buy the Steam version for that.

23qwerty

The closest thing you can do is add it as a non steam game so you can launch it from your library but you can't get achievements or download/update it via steam. You'll have to buy the Steam version for that.

Has anyone actually gotten that to work?

Effect

I linked my bank account personally

I think I figured out what the problem might be. Card must be flagged over a recent purchase and the only thing it could be is the graphics card I bought this past weekend since nothing else shows up in my account. PayPal wouldn't even accept the credit card but did get a message saying the bank/issuer didn't authorize the transaction. They're closed now so will have to try again in the morning to get this cleared up.

Just hope the GMG price is still there in the morning.

That's not what I mean.
For example, my friend has a R* version of the game, and I have a Steam version. My friend have downloaded the game and play that version, while I've just bought the game. Can I copy R* version files to Steam so I don't have to download the 60gb files?

Thanks :) Makes sense. Tooltips can be a little misleading sometimes. Like... where's the PC iFruit app Rockstar? You've only told me about it 6x lol

it's the app you can download on your iphone or android (I think?) and link to your social club account....it hasn't been updated for PC syncing yet

Well, it took around hour and a half hours to install from the seven disks. Now I get to download five more gb.

Download speeds are all over the place from .15kb to 10mb. So I'm probably looking at another two hours. Patience is a virtue!

Damerman

I'm trying to set up my keybinds so that i get into cover with e rather than q... but q is assigned to different actions in different contexts... and it wont let me assign e to those multiple actions... other than KB&M is freaking flawless. You can actually sprint while looking to ur left or right... the other thing that i want is a soft and hard sprint like the controller has.. seems like shift only gives the hard sprint option.

holy shit... thats crazy.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

The GTA V launcher just crashes when I add it to Steam :/ It works fine otherwise, though.

23qwerty

ARE YOU FOR FUCKING SERIOUS?

The entire reason I couldn't play GTA V yesterday or all day today was because I had MacType installed. A program that has never given me any issues but apparently being installed stopped the launcher from launching.

I have no words...

Fuck PC gaming sometimes, seriously.

MacType fucks with League of Legends too

Ketch

is the gaf gang full?

edit: Just say this:
Got you accepted for the crew so you'll just need to accept it on your side. Yeah I'm a bit worried about the money throwing off the game since I've read about stuff being expensive and I want to work my way up to it. If I can't find anything about the stock market I may just use the funds to experiment and see if I can learn how it works.
Thanks!

Evo X

I ended up getting the retail game because of GCU. It's a really nice put together package!

Took like 2 hours to install the 7 DVDs though. lol.

Rockstar Social Club is took pretty long to download that 5GB patch too. Just finished installing. Can't wait to try it out.

Herne

I dipped my toe into GTA Online for the first time just a few minutes ago. I have no damn clue what the hell is happening, but there seems to be some kind of narrative thing going on, missions are just starting of their own accord, I guess, because...? When I finally did get into freeroam people were jumping all over the map. What was my ping? I have no idea. Are there specific servers I can connect to? Or will the game always just put me in with a group of people that are closest me geographically?

No damn clue how any of their online stuff works. I hope to fuck there's a lan option for friends, but I seriously doubt it.

God damn, cheating is fun. Just put on invincibility, fast run, incendiary bullets, moon gravity, explosive fists - by gawd - and slow motiong aka dead-eye aiming. Slo-mo aim really lets you appreciate the beauty in a burning helicopter falling headlong into the ground - and lets you line up that headshot on the gunner before the impact.

Fisty

Not exactly a PC question, but in GTA Online, cash = XP? If i got 1,250,000 Rockstar Funbux, would that level me up considerably and make Heists immediately available?

Not exactly a PC question, but in GTA Online, cash = XP? If i got 1,250,000 Rockstar Funbux, would that level me up considerably and make Heists immediately available?

No, money is not XP (which is called RP in this game). Just do some missions/races, etc. Reaching level 12 should be quick.

Top Bottom