• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

ARE YOU FOR FUCKING SERIOUS?

The entire reason I couldn't play GTA V yesterday or all day today was because I had MacType installed. A program that has never given me any issues but apparently being installed stopped the launcher from launching.

I have no words...

Fuck PC gaming sometimes, seriously.
Jesus, that's crazy. Glad you finally got in!

Found the Duke O'Death. I was hoping that it would constantly draw aggro, but it turns out that only happens when you find the car for the first time. Still looks awesome though.

6xgpYBf.png

OnQkYFh.png

Dr.Acula

Banned
I'm trying to set up my keybinds so that i get into cover with e rather than q... but q is assigned to different actions in different contexts... and it wont let me assign e to those multiple actions... other than KB&M is freaking flawless. You can actually sprint while looking to ur left or right... the other thing that i want is a soft and hard sprint like the controller has.. seems like shift only gives the hard sprint option.

Yeah, this has been messing with me too. I want "E" to be cover so much. I'm guessing there is a .cfg file somewhere...

A quick look and I'm not seeing anything :(

Going to have to ask for a refund from Steam. The game crashes every 30 minutes and I just can't play and enjoy the game. Frustrating but it is what it is. Will try again when the game is on sale and maybe a patch that comes out that fixes my issue.

Messing with the graphic settings and changing to Dx10, everything started to become
pixelated with everything being blue around buildings and cars.

Also the sunlight is going through buildings as well

KingKong

the mission design kind of... sucks. The game just tells you 'go here, press E on this object' way too much. I haven't had a heist yet so maybe that will be better but so far the missions have been completely forgettable

Zom

Banned
This game man, i could just walk around and do nothing and it would be amazing, not even with maxed out graphics.

webkid94

i'm sure this is already posted somewhere (not sifting through 60+ pages lol) but DS4 works! Using DS4windows, everything works but game uses xbox controls in the menus which is annoying but I can live with that especially since this is the kind of game controllers are better with IMO (except FPS games, KB+M all the way there).

edit: okay last page mentioned it lol

Gaz_RB

i'm sure this is already posted somewhere (not sifting through 60+ pages lol) but DS4 works! Using DS4windows, everything works but game uses xbox controls in the menus which is annoying but I can live with that especially since this is the kind of game controllers are better with IMO (except FPS games, KB+M all the way there).

Weird, mine just worked when I plugged it in.

Damerman

i was wishing for full DS4 support so that i could thrown 'nades with the touch pad.. but the KB&M is arguably a lot better than controllers for on-foot movement and combat.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a reason why the cars I order online are not being delivered? nor is the cash being withdrawn??

Sarcasm

I don't understand which recording method to use? How do I let it record constant clips and turn off when I want it to?

Clips stay until I delete correct?

Is anyone else having this weird issue where when a gun is pulled out their character won't stop aiming? I've reset all settings to default and that fixed it once, but now it's not working again and resets aren't fixing it.

What controller are you using? I've had some weird issues with Watch Dogs and Dead Rising 3 that were similar. Seemed to be because of using the DS4, even with emulation software.

Not happening for me in this game though.

It seemed to start because I was using my DS4, but it has since started happening even with my normal 360 controller.

Edit: Weird, I just removed the DS4 from my devices and it works now? Gonna play for a bit more and see if any issues pop up.

Corpekata

Banned
Is anyone else having this weird issue where when a gun is pulled out their character won't stop aiming? I've reset all settings to default and that fixed it once, but now it's not working again and resets aren't fixing it.

What controller are you using? I've had some weird issues with Watch Dogs and Dead Rising 3 that were similar. Seemed to be because of using the DS4, even with emulation software.

Not happening for me in this game though.

Smokey

Game is running beautifully. Maxed out at 4k and still get 60 fps. Haven't had a single crash. I've plugged in my DS4 and have just been using it. I anticipated that PS4 icons would show up but nope...still Xbox. Oh well.

Game looks phenomenal and I'm going to finally be able to get into it after barely playing the other versions.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Negative. The Oculus community I know for sure is looking for ways to do it and nothing yet.

alright, thank you. I'm going to key an eye on this thread just for that.

I gotta say, the delays were worth it. I haven't hit any bugs, and with pretty much everything turned up, I'm getting a solid 60fps and above. Really good porting job.

about Trevor

was he always crazy or did he get more crazy when he thought Michael died

Look no further than his behavior in the prologue, he was always nuts.

LG Spoilers

Mike sold out Trevor to the FIB because of how over the top Trevor's behavior had been becoming, setting up the heist in the prologue to assassinate Trevor in exchange for all of his previous heists with Trevor to be pardoned. This fails when the third robber walks in front of the shot inadvertently, leading to Trevor's escape and forcing Michael to fake his own death.

laxu

Going to have to ask for a refund from Steam. The game crashes every 30 minutes and I just can't play and enjoy the game. Frustrating but it is what it is. Will try again when the game is on sale and maybe a patch that comes out that fixes my issue.

This is something wrong with your system so check your drivers, temps and voltages. I played the whole evening yesterday without a single crash.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man... this game's attention to detail is damn impressive.

Using the Nvidia GeForce Experience recommended settings for now and the game runs pretty damn well. Goes anywhere between lows of mid-to-high 30s to highs of around 120 fps, but with G-Sync enabled, it doesn't stutter or tear at all and the transition doesn't really bother me at all. The game looks great and, by god, this is first GTA game with actually good keyboard and mouse controls. Driving still sucks, but I think I prefer keyboard and mouse in first person mode for general character movement.

And boy, they really changed the vehicle physics from GTAIV, didn't they? Feels a lot less weight and more simplified or arcadey even.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That seems like something that really shouldn't be happening..

It's usually in the 60-90 range from what I've played, I'd say. There are just occasionally extreme lows (still mid-to-high 30s) and extreme highs depending on what's on screen.

The detail in this game, holy shit.

I saw Franklin talking on his cell phone and if you look close enough the phone's light is an actual in-game light source, AND bounces off his cheek when he puts the phone to his ear. How the hell does R* even have time to put in this shit?

Is there an up to date guide on some hints/tips/what to dos/what the f is going on in GTA online?

I played a few levels of it on PS3 but nothing since :( so confused

Saganator

I really hope they patch in the ability to use joysticks and HOTAS setups. Seems like a pretty big oversight for a PC game. I can fly well enough with the game pad, but I'd really like to use at least my joystick.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This game and Big Picture Mode doesn't seem to agree, right? As soon as you press the home button you lose control of the game. The controller becomes unresponsive.

Top Bottom