• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Rizific

anyway to get the camera to default to what i choose everytime i get into a car? i set the vehicle camera to high, but that doesnt seem to do anything.

hepburn3d

Sweet mother of jebus this game is incredible! I completed it on PS3 and got to level 50 on online and found it really good. Lots of things bugged me though and I slowly lost interest.

Playing it in on PC in 1080p @ 60FPS is ... is ... beautiful.

I suddenly don't need auto aim, driving feels fun, staring at details is immersing.

That was just 10 minutes of playing, then I had to come to work! Now I'm considering eating some bad food so I can be off for a few days
/jk

If there's a GAF Crew I'd love an invite. I'm hepburn3d

dex3108

When i am in Windowed mode HUD is normal, but when i go to Borderless or Full Screen HUD changes (there is no more space between HUD elements and screen edge). Does anybody has similar issues?

Windowed
vzaLavI.png

Full Screen

When i am in Windowed mode HUD is normal, but when i go to Borderless or Full Screen HUD changes (there is no more space between HUD elements and screen edge). Does anybody has similar issues?

Windowed

Full Screen

I think I have this as well. It was pretty noticeable in the lower left corner area where the map is and some mission marks were half-hidden at times, but I've been ignoring it.

An other problem I have is some stuttering or lagging in the map screen at times.

hepburn3d

Has a fix for the 59hz lock been found? I want 60 but it wont let me :(

Edit: nvm it seems 59 and 60 are pretty much the same thing, it's just it's at 59.97 but isn't rounded up :)

I think I have this as well. It was pretty noticeable in the lower left corner area where the map is and some mission marks were half-hidden at times, but I've been ignoring it.

An other problem I have is some stuttering or lagging in the map screen at times.

Windowed

Full Screen

I definietly have that. With subtitles enabled it's real noticeable.

There's a setting in the display section that adjusts where the HUD sits.

Windowed

Full Screen

Change the safe zone setting in Display. Making it smaller brings in the HUD elements. Looks much better in my opinion.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This game is especially beautiful at night. I drove to the beach, and just looked at the boardwalk. I was actually really surprised by how much it reminded me of a vacation I took last year.

Ayt

Banned
I wonder the same thing but for single player. It has actually sapped my enjoyment of the game having $500.000 at the start. I want to get rid of this money without getting any benefits like buying weapons, stock or anything. Any solutions yet?

Go blow it all at the strip club.

Evo X

Hey guys, I installed this game on my second SSD because I didn't have enough room on my first.

Is it still possible for me to use Self Radio?

I put some songs in my User Music folder in my documents on C: but the game doesn't seem to be detecting it.

Thanks.

Sarcasm

Hope I can recreate my wife in online. Typically hard to since she is Asian and not what the social media thinks an Asian female looks like.

Hey guys, I installed this game on my second SSD because I didn't have enough room on my first.

I put some songs in my User Music folder in my documents on C: but the game doesn't seem to be detecting it.

Thanks.

Make sure it is my documents folder and not app data.

Then in game do a full scan. Than it should be in self radio.

Also you can't put music in while the game is running. You have to put it in and then start the game.

Thanks.

Yeahh I did this a little while ago. You've scanned for the songs in game right?

Sajjaja

So I tried capping my FPS at 30 but for some reason it keeps maxing at 20 when I do it. Any ideas? My uncapped FPS is usually 45ish but it fluctuates too much for my liking.

Kazdane

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the launcher crashing with no error message is related to the windows username account (even if you use a normal username with just letters, like in my case).

If your launcher is crashing without any error messages, check your Appdata folder (just type %APPDATA% in explorer and go back one level), if there's a file called Local剜捯獫慴⁲慇敭屳呇⁁屖湥楴汴浥湥⹴湩潦, your only option until Rockstar releases the fix is to create a new Windows username and play with that account in the meantime.

Evo X

Make sure it is my documents folder and not app data.

Then in game do a full scan. Than it should be in self radio.

Also you can't put music in while the game is running. You have to put it in and then start the game.

Yeahh I did this a little while ago. You've scanned for the songs in game right?

Yeah, I've put it in the right folder, restarted the game and did a full scan.

Self Radio does not even show up for me.

Have any other ideas?

Sil

Banned
Anyone else a bit turned off by the low-res sky? The game looks beautiful at highest settings, but there's not a single option I can find that increases the sharpness of the moon/stars/clouds?

MayMay

Banned
Does purchasing this game through GMG give you the option to redeem it on Steam, or is just through some other kind of launcher/installer?

No Steam, you need to redeem it on the SocialClub and download it from there. Can't even add it as non-steamgame afaik because the Launcher keeps crashing then

UrbanRats

The only damn mod i want is one to have more health (like, 5 times more health).
It's basically what made put the game down on 360.

Missions are intentionally easier, so there's never a serious challenge there, yet in free exploration, a sneeze kills you, which makes going around searching for stuff and messing around a pain in the ass.
GTA isn't supposed to be ArmA, ffs.

No Steam, you need to redeem it on the SocialClub and download it from there. Can't even add it as non-steamgame afaik because the Launcher keeps crashing then

But if you buy it on Steam, you will still need to authenticate against their Social Club servers to install it? And to play it?

Seanspeed

Banned
Anyone else a bit turned off by the low-res sky? The game looks beautiful at highest settings, but there's not a single option I can find that increases the sharpness of the moon/stars/clouds?
Could definitely be better. Honestly, there's lots of specific areas that 'could be better', graphically. But overall, I'm pretty happy with it considering the ludicrous level of detail and scale.

Also, I was just standing in some grass, taking some screenshots, completely unarmed and this dude next to me started calling the cops and then suddenly I had a wanted star and had to make a run for it. What on earth was that about? :/

Missions are intentionally easier, so there's never a serious challenge there, yet in free exploration, a sneeze kills you, which makes going around searching for stuff and messing around a pain in the ass.
GTA isn't supposed to be ArmA, ffs.
It's kind of crazy how quickly and easily you can be taken out. Definitely not something I expected and makes me play much more carefully. (But I've still had multiple situations where I've wandered into a room I wasn't supposed to and then got punched twice, killing me and robbing me of yet another $5k.) It makes me less likely to experiment.

#thatfeelingwhen you're the only person using a controller in a GTA Online deathmatch... Whoops. :( (I'm not leaving my couch, god damn it!) I've had no issues with winning races, though, but I hate racing.

I wonder if there's some matchmaking filter that would only pair me up with other fellow controller users.

Been playing for a few hours now and I'm definitely glad I waited. The game is just fantastic, it runs beautifully on my machine; 1080 at 60 with everything maxed. Occasional dips here and there, but nothing staggering. Using a XB1 controller since driving with kb/m isn't that great. Easily the best game I've played in a while. Rockstar really out did themselves with this one, it's a true gem.

#thatfeelingwhen you're the only person using a controller in a GTA Online deathmatch... Whoops. :( (I'm not leaving my couch, god damn it!) I've had no issues with winning races, though, but I hate racing.

I wonder if there's some matchmaking filter that would only pair me up with other fellow controller users.

There is. If you go into the menu and change aiming to "assisted aim - full", a message will pop up saying that you will be matched with other gamepad players.

Top Bottom