• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Effect

The retail boxed version is activated on Rockstar Social Club and not Steam right? It does include a code you can use to download the game vs installing from disc right? Might go this method to save time.

Thanks

Edit: Found the answer.

nowarning

Has anyone tried out the 3D mode? I had a go with it last night but it wasn't great to be honest, the only noticeable depth was the character's hand holding the phone (first person mode) but I could turn my glasses on/off and not notice the difference. I think something's up on my end or it's not working properly.

I'm going to have another fiddle about tonight, just wondering if anyone has had it working?

Addnan

Does Steam sharing work with this? I would have thought not since it requires rsc, but it is appearing on playlist and well it's a 60GB download so checking.

Seiniyta

Hmm, it seems that the rockstar launcher crashes for when I add GTA V to my steam library (in add non-steam game). Anyone got a solution for this? Launching it not through steam works fine.

Driving down the highway on the wrong side of the road, in the rain at top speed in an Infernus at 60fps, all while listening to Danger Zone....pure bliss.

CHC

Jesus this game is ruining my life. 25 hours played already. I have other things to do but the temptation... it's too strong.

Been patient since this came out on 360/PS3, waited for this game to come out on PC, Downloaded it yesterday, ran benchmark everything was good.
Finally get a chance to play, and my FUCKING SOCIAL CLUB ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!

Sent screenshots of my account (luckily I'm still logged in to social club on my PC) but I cannot do anything >:S

edit - Support works fast! glad they took care of it swiftly

Salsa

UDhgK7v2jUe7fYlklT8MQg_0_0.jpg

D:

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Jeez, is there a mod to move the camera like 15-20 degrees up when driving a car? Rockstar did this in the last GTA where they put the camera right behind the car so you can't see what's ahead. I have to either keep my thumb gently pressing the right stick up or not be able to see what is ahead. So annoying.

Jeez, is there a mod to move the camera like 15-20 degrees up when driving a car? Rockstar did this in the last GTA where they put the camera right behind the car so you can't see what's ahead. I have to either keep my thumb gently pressing the right stick up or not be able to see what is ahead. So annoying.
There's a camera option for it.

What's the most graphically demanding part of the game? I'm getting slowdowns in heavy downtown traffic at night, but some people say the countryside is worse?

CHC

What's the most graphically demanding part of the game? I'm getting slowdowns in heavy downtown traffic at night, but some people say the countryside is worse?

Shadows, MSAA, and draw distance are the heaviest hitters so far as I can tell. You can safely turn the draw distance down to like 50% with no appreciable loss of quality and you'll be just fine. Shadows on "high" also look fine and save you about 10 FPS and ~400 mb VRAM.

Also sometimes the V-sync does wonky shit so if your game is stuttering or plunging to 30 and then back up to 60 repeatedly, try just quickly disabling it and then re-enabling it from the menu. It's fixed the problem for me a couple times when I'm wondering why the game is acting so weird all of a sudden.

Areas with lots of grass (on High-Very High-Ultra) can kill your framerate if you've got MSAA enabled. There's something weird going on with grass and MSAA in general, as it makes it almost transparent in a lot of cases.

One of the worst "countryside" spots is south of Fort Zancudo in the wetlands area. Tons of grass, trees and bushes. Go there to test your framerate with MSAA on.

mtlam

Has anyone done the
Merryweather Heist, I think its bugged when you take the freight option. After you detonate the bombs, nothing happens afterwards.
I've done the mission twice now and nothing happens.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I had this for Xbox 360, got bored of it because I thought it was far too linear, not enough open world exploring...I didn't like the story being forced on the player between the three characters. What I mean by this is that if you just wanted to play a single character...at some point you were forced to switch to the other to play them for a bit, and vice versa.

Curious as to why this is getting so much hype on PC...it's the same game isn't it? Are people just happy they can mod it now? In my opinion, Vice City and San Andreas were more open-world than GTA V is.

Am I missing something?

Dinjoralo

I had this for Xbox 360, got bored of it because I thought it was far too linear, not enough open world exploring...I didn't like the story being forced on the player between the three characters. What I mean by this is that if you just wanted to play a single character...at some point you were forced to switch to the other to play them for a bit, and vice versa.

Curious as to why this is getting so much hype on PC...it's the same game isn't it? Are people just happy they can mod it now? In my opinion, Vice City and San Andreas were more open-world than GTA V is.

Am I missing something?
There are a lot of people who have been waiting to play this.

jediyoshi

You didn't like the part where it made the game less linear? :p

TTUVAPOR

Banned
There are a lot of people who have been waiting to play this.

PC-only players or something?

I've just been reading the past few pages of people giving high praise to the game...I thought the forced characters were out of touch with this game. It feels like the least bit of open-world traditional GTA play.

Like...if you don't continue the story...there's not much else to do than to piddle fart around. Previous GTA games had much more to do beyond the story.

You didn't like the part where it made the game less linear? :p

I don't think it made the game less linear, in fact, it made it more linear, because if you were forced to switch to a diff character...it's fabricated open-worldness...and beyond the story, like my reply above...not much else to do :(

Tizoc

Is GTA Online prone to crashing a lot? Or maybe it's just my net connection.
I wanna start just roaming he city, hopefully the game lets me after I finish buying clothes :V

I don't think I'll bother with the main game, something about the characters just doesn't sit right with me.

jediyoshi

I don't think it made the game less linear, in fact, it made it more linear, because if you were forced to switch to a diff character...it's fabricated open-worldness...and beyond the story, like my reply above...not much else to do :(

But it made missions that involved multiple characters absolutely less linear by virtue of just switching between different things to do at will. In any case, I'm still not seeing how less variety would lead to a greater sense of non-linearity.

Am I missing something?

Agree with you on the linearity of this game compared to older titles to a degree. I remember in previous games being able to go on dates, go to a takeout, get fat, go to the gym, gang wars etc. There seemed to be way more distractions. I was in it for the mods personally which I don't think we'll see for some time now. Still very very impressed by the way the game looks though

does anyone want to see a DLC, a prequel of North Yankton with Michael and Trevor before the events of V in North Yankton

that of course leaves Franklin out so maybe 2 dlc's..

1. prequel with Mike and Trevor

2. prequel with Franklin.

unless they decide to have the dlc after the main story

TTUVAPOR

Banned
But it made missions that involved multiple characters absolutely less linear by virtue of just switching between different things to do at will. In any case, I'm still not seeing how less variety would lead to a greater sense of non-linearity.

I think I was expecting with the bank heists in-game, and side missions...basically anything that had nothing to do with the story...making money, stealing money, etc...plus making the money actually worth something because I think you make far too much money in the game to begin with.

I dunno man, I just didn't feel the story of the game. Vice City had so much more impact in my opinion, when you fought the drug lord and got his mansion, when you could buy the club, and all these other properties that generated money for you....it was just a cool game...GTA V is complete opposite of that.

Ultimadrago

So tell me guys, I buy a 300k+ vehicle. I want to keep it forever, BUT want to use it.

Can I lose the car permanently and how? Does insurance only cover one loss/explosion or infinite?

Top Bottom