• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Tendo

NEOgang request sent - tendo85 on social club

Where is the cheapest place to get a us key right now? Want to snag one for a bud.

Armaly

I'm loving the bicycle activities.

9t8eAuU.jpg

CHC

Sure, but at night it looks much better at very high.

Well... yeah... of course higher settings look better?

I was just remarking that shadows are BIG performance hit, definitely one of the first things to look at if you're not happy with your FPS.

Qassim

Like...if you don't continue the story...there's not much else to do than to piddle fart around. Previous GTA games had much more to do beyond the story.

Like what? I'm curious, I've played all the GTA games and V has probably the most side activities as it pretty much combines a lot of them from previous games.

I had this for Xbox 360, got bored of it because I thought it was far too linear, not enough open world exploring...I didn't like the story being forced on the player between the three characters. What I mean by this is that if you just wanted to play a single character...at some point you were forced to switch to the other to play them for a bit, and vice versa.

Curious as to why this is getting so much hype on PC...it's the same game isn't it? Are people just happy they can mod it now? In my opinion, Vice City and San Andreas were more open-world than GTA V is.

Am I missing something?

Are you under the impression this game wasn't extremely well received or something? A lot of people really, really enjoyed this game and played it a lot. Yes, it's the same game that millions, upon millions of people enjoyed.

Also, I want you to explain what you mean by "more open world".

antitrop

Like what? I'm curious, I've played all the GTA games and V has probably the most side activities as it pretty much combines a lot of them from previous games.

We found the one guy who enjoyed going bowling with Roman.

I have no idea how anyone could think the previous GTA games have "more to do".

Maxios

Nostalgia, I assume. I know people who will swear up and down GTA V is the smallest game in the series, both in content and map size while insisting San Andreas has the largest map in the series as well as the most content.

Herne

Why is flying a plane so damn impossible with mouse and keyboard... why does it keep dipping? I'm pushing accelerate and pulling up as much as possible, but once it gets off the ground it starts dipping a few seconds later, ending in a crash. "Do a barrel roll!" Ron pretty much says. Yeah, right.

antitrop

The only game that comes close is San Andreas, and that's still severely far behind this one.

I mean, you can find little things here and there that GTA V doesn't have, like Fire Truck/Taxi Cab missions from GTA III, but GTA V is truly the culmination of the series, to this point.

Trevor is a true fucking psychopath. I can't believe he offed
Johnny
just like that.
Wow the thunderstorms look great on PC with settings up

Yes, I was driving at night when there was a thunder storm and I had to actually say "holy shit" out loud.

Well, here you found another. Roman is cool mate.

Why is flying a plane so damn impossible with mouse and keyboard... why does it keep dipping? I'm pushing accelerate and pulling up as much as possible, but once it gets off the ground it starts dipping a few seconds later, ending in a crash. "Do a barrel roll!" Ron pretty much says. Yeah, right.

That's weird as it's fine for me. Completed 5 flying challenge in one go, silver at the least.

Hey, he really liked playing fireman, paramedic and taxi driver, ok? ;-)

I will say there's more structure to the activities in V, which does make it a little harder to just jump in and experience everything right away. You have to get well into the story in SP before you can do everything (like taxi driving), and you have to level up quite a bit in Online to get access to all missions and activities.

I mean, you can find little things here and there that GTA V doesn't have, like Fire Truck/Taxi Cab missions from GTA III, but GTA V is truly the culmination of the series, to this point.

For the most part. San Andreas kills it when it comes to rewards and stuff. Felt like a good reason to actually do most of the shit in the game, rather than achievements.

I will say there's more structure to the activities in V, which does make it a little harder to just jump in and experience everything right away. You have to get well into the story in SP before you can do everything (like taxi driving), and you have to level up quite a bit in Online to get access to all missions and activities.

On the flip side, you had to get well into the story in GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas and GTA 4 to open up all the islands and have access to the full map; in GTA V the full map is available from the get-go. I'd rather have the full playground and no taxi minigame than a taxi minigame and no playground.

Baconmonk

I haven't played this since the PS3 launch, so the updates and performance enhancements are huge for me so far. Loading is quick on an SSD, and I'm happy I can get 60fps out of my 770 at mostly high settings.

Sent a request to the gaf social club, my name on there is Sanjuro_jishin.

If anyone wants to do some heists send me a message, I ported my level 28 over from PSN.

Maybe I missed a tutorial pop-up or something, but how do I pedal faster on a bike with KB&M?

edit: Amputech is right...caps lock

So I downloaded the iFruit app on my phone but it tells me to select either PS3/360/Xbone/PS4...

Is the app not updated for PC?

not updated for PC yet which is odd considering they had it ready from the start on PS4/XB1...maybe they found a bug or something or Apple just haven't pushed out the update

jamsy

So I downloaded the iFruit app on my phone but it tells me to select either PS3/360/Xbone/PS4...

Is the app not updated for PC?

On the flip side, you had to get well into the story in GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas and GTA 4 to open up all the islands and have access to the full map; in GTA V the full map is available from the get-go. I'd rather have the full playground and no taxi minigame than a taxi minigame and no playground.

No argument there, I far prefer the way GTA V handles it than in previous GTA games. It's just GTA V, when you first look at it, doesn't appear to have as many semi-structured non-story activities.

The one thing I do sort of miss is Vigilante and Hunter missions. There's nothing quite like those in for side missions in GTA V.

Denton

I love that while the map is fully open from the start, it is not revealed and only gets revealed by exploring. LOVE that.

You guys think it's safe to use the trainer for campaign? Wanted to just mess around in single player without having to imput their cheat codes every couple of minutes.

Trevor is a true fucking psychopath. I can't believe he offed
Johnny
just like that.

Trevor turned a disaster into a tragedy. It was a symbolic death, Trevor might be an addict and psycho but he remains loyal. The person he killed was loyal too, but being an addict destroyed him.

Oh you mean this bug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGD_jcqID_4
Posted in Sept 2013, right after the game launched last gen. No, they never fixed it :/

Have you tried restarting that story mission, or going back to a previous save?
Ya, I tried finding an answer for him too, but nothing recent (on PC).

I'd try and do another Franklin mission, or a freaks and strangers mission first, then save and see if that helps.

KePoW

Banned
how does the Mission checkpoint system work in this game?? I don't see a way to restart from the most recent checkpoint

or do you just have to completely fail and it will automatically reload a checkpoint?

antitrop

I love that while the map is fully open from the start, it is not revealed and only gets revealed by exploring. LOVE that.

Nah, I think it would be better if you had to climb a bunch of towers to reveal bits and pieces. Someone should make an open-world game like that.

realcZk

Anyone up for running some heists? Feel free to join Mumble to discuss:

Address: pcgaf.com (104.131.112.225)
Port: 64738 (default)
Password: (quote post to see)

Ianan

Guys, does anyone know how to sell a pedal bike? I filled up my bike rack and can't get rid of them. Also how do you restore your destroyed bikes? The Motor Insurance does nothing, any other contacts to get them?

since The story DLC will continue Michael, Franklin and Trevor's adventures, what do you want to see added to it?

- more franklin, he just kind of seen "there" during the story most the time

- more TP enterprise stuff

- Michael and his movie career..

what would you like to see

TTUVAPOR

Banned

Are you under the impression this game wasn't extremely well received or something? A lot of people really, really enjoyed this game and played it a lot. Yes, it's the same game that millions, upon millions of people enjoyed.

Also, I want you to explain what you mean by "more open world".

I'm going to go off by Vice City and GTA 4...those were the previous GTA games I played...plus GTA3 before Vice. There were just more things to do outside of the story. On top of that, the taxi missions, ambulance, police, etc...they all gave you a re-spawning reward at your places of residence like max health, armor, weapons, etc.

I liked the concept of getting random phone booth phone calls to do random jobs...felt like old school GTA, the original on PC, the top-down one.

GTA 4 was also less exploration in my opinion, but much more than GTA 5. I just think the story-focus of GTA 5 was too much and too-forced. The bank heists were some of the coolest things about GTA 5 and I was hoping it would be a concept where you keep doing bank heists that are randomly generated over and over...but I guess that's just me.

I get that people enjoyed GTA5, but I come from old-school GTA...and that's not to discredit that old-school GTA fans didn't like GTA 5, but I just think that the series is getting less and less open-world fantasy/RPG like as it progresses.

In Vice City, I know that I felt like a king being able to buy properties, store cars in garages, and just basically act like I owned the city.

I don't get that with GTA 5.

lem0n

Should a 970 with an i5 be able to do 60 fps all highest settings?

My 4690k and 970 is doing 1080p with nearly maxed settings right at 60, with some dips. Could probably stand to turn a couple down for a smoother experience, though

Anyone else had a problem with mouse lag?

I changed the sensitivity settings and my mouse started breaking up, tried to reset to default, reboot computer, still happening and this makes the game unplayable.

Top Bottom