• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

zma1013

My 4690k and 970 is doing 1080p with nearly maxed settings right at 60, with some dips. Could probably stand to turn a couple down for a smoother experience, though

My friend had everything turned on to the fullest and he was getting 30fps in city and in the 20s outside of the city. He turned off AA and is now getting 45-60 fps in city and 30-40 fps outside. What else could he turn down to improve framerate that wouldn't drastically reduce the visuals?

Anyone else had a problem with mouse lag?

I changed the sensitivity settings and my mouse started breaking up, tried to reset to default, reboot computer, still happening and this makes the game unplayable.

Have you tried the different modes? I had to change from Raw input to Directinput to get smooth mouse movements.

Anyone else had a problem with mouse lag?

I changed the sensitivity settings and my mouse started breaking up, tried to reset to default, reboot computer, still happening and this makes the game unplayable.

VSync on/off? Windowed/Borderless/Fullscreen? what sort of framerate are you getting normally, and is it consistent? Do you have RAW set in the mouse settings?

KePoW

Banned
My friend had everything turned on to the fullest and he was getting 30fps in city and in the 20s outside of the city. He turned off AA and is now getting 45-60 fps in city and 30-40 fps outside. What else could he turn down to improve framerate that wouldn't drastically reduce the visuals?

The four settings in Advanced section all make a large hit on framerate

Recommend all those off

SlickVic

Requested an invite to the crew as vic878. Would be nice to do some heists (though full disclaimer, I'm pretty terrible at online games).

aravuus

From what I've read, drop shadows to high and view distance to ~50%. Massive framerate boost and no particularly noticeable visual differences.

Hip Hop

Well, I just bought another monitor.

Saw gameplay of triple monitor setups and there is no way I can pass that up. Even GTX 660ti's can run that, it's crazy.

realcZk

Well, I just bought another monitor.

Saw gameplay of triple monitor setups and there is no way I can pass that up. Even GTX 660ti's can run that, it's crazy.

That does look pretty crazy. GTA is one game I would really want that in, the more you can see the better.

robatw

Oh you mean this bug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGD_jcqID_4
Posted in Sept 2013, right after the game launched last gen. No, they never fixed it :/

Have you tried restarting that story mission, or going back to a previous save?

Hey. Yeah i tried on different saves and with a Strangers mission in between as well. but i found a solution for me. fail the mission 3 times and you can skip it. (running away from the car)

But thx anyway. took me 2 days to figure that out.

cHinzo

Woot, after 7 hours of customizing the settings to get some decent FPS on my laptop, benchmarking and getting constant crashes (and prolly another 7 hours of trying to fix the crashes), I finally got it to work. \o/

Played 2 hours straight without getting a crash, so I guess it's all fine now. It really is a fun game though. Only wish there was a no police cheat, so I can mess around in the city once in a while without getting chased or punished for it. U guys think people will make this possible in the future? The city is way too big to not mess around in it. :d

Cramoss

Woot, after 7 hours of customizing the settings to get some decent FPS on my laptop, benchmarking and getting constant crashes (and prolly another 7 hours of trying to fix the crashes), I finally got it to work. \o/

Played 2 hours straight without getting a crash, so I guess it's all fine now. It really is a fun game though. Only wish there was a no police cheat, so I can mess around in the city once in a while without getting chased or punished for it. U guys think people will make this possible in the future? The city is way too big to not mess around in it. :d

There is, try Director mode on the pause menu. You can set the weather, invencibility, time of the day, disable police, etc and just play like you want.

Qassim

I'm going to go off by Vice City and GTA 4...those were the previous GTA games I played...plus GTA3 before Vice. There were just more things to do outside of the story. On top of that, the taxi missions, ambulance, police, etc...they all gave you a re-spawning reward at your places of residence like max health, armor, weapons, etc.

I liked the concept of getting random phone booth phone calls to do random jobs...felt like old school GTA, the original on PC, the top-down one.

GTA 4 was also less exploration in my opinion, but much more than GTA 5. I just think the story-focus of GTA 5 was too much and too-forced. The bank heists were some of the coolest things about GTA 5 and I was hoping it would be a concept where you keep doing bank heists that are randomly generated over and over...but I guess that's just me.

I get that people enjoyed GTA5, but I come from old-school GTA...and that's not to discredit that old-school GTA fans didn't like GTA 5, but I just think that the series is getting less and less open-world fantasy/RPG like as it progresses.

In Vice City, I know that I felt like a king being able to buy properties, store cars in garages, and just basically act like I owned the city.

I don't get that with GTA 5.

GTA5 story too forced compared to the last games? Less exploration? Did you know you can explore the entire map pretty much as soon as you've finished the prologue (30 mins max) in GTA5? Do you not remember being forced to progress in the story to unlock new locations in the previous GTA games? Including those last two you mentioned? Remember not being able to swim in Vice City? In GTA5 you can swim.. you can pilot a submarine and explore the sea.

Less RPG like? GTA5 brought the return of character stats to progress on something Vice City nor GTA4 had (San Andreas did).

In GTA5 you can buy businesses, you can buy vehicles, you can buy garages to store those cars in, you receive profits from your business and other perks, you do missions for your businesses to help them. There are lots of hobbies/past times, a good amount of strangers/freaks missions, about 60 random events. GTA5 has the most vehicles of all the GTA games.

GTA4 and Vice city aren't even comparable to the amount of exploration and non-story stuff you can do in GTA5. Outside of the repeatable emergency services/taxi missions, there isn't much you can hold over GTA5 especially from Vice City and GTA4.

It's cool if you don't like it, but your criticisms are so vague and don't really make sense to me given the facts we have.

jamsy

So I'm playing this for the first time and don't want to miss anything. For the side-quests (those question mark "freaks" missions) - is it possible to miss any? Should I do all the side quests before doing any of the story missions?

kris.

Banned
So I'm playing this for the first time and don't want to miss anything. For the side-quests (those question mark "freaks" missions) - is it possible to miss any? Should I do all the side quests before doing any of the story missions?

Nope. Feel free to do them in any order you like, they'll still be there even after completing the story.

Playing through this game for the third time and it's still amazing. Just sad that I didn't have this version for my first pt. Some of you guys are very patient and now it pays off.

Sullichin

Kinda sucks that I bought this on release and didn't get the preorder cash, barely too late. I hate preorder bonuses no matter what they are.

Reckoner

Just stolen my armored truck and got away from the police. I've already blown off the backdoors but can't seem to find a way to grab the suitcase. How do I grab it? Can't remember how it was on the 360.

23qwerty

From what I've read, drop shadows to high and view distance to ~50%. Massive framerate boost and no particularly noticeable visual differences.

Doesn't dropping shadows from very high get rid of Dynamic Shadows? I'd look elsewhere for FPS gains if possible

How do I enter the R* Video Editor menu to string my clips together?

Far right in the menu

Is there any easier way of taking rockstar editor photos style photos without having to save a clip and go into rockstar editor? That takes forever.

First time I launched the game, it seemed to work pretty well. Next time I launched the game, it just gets stuck on loading story... forever. I've done some searches and it seems like I am not the only one with this problem, and the solutions people have posted are not seemingly making a difference. It seems like social club loads up fine and I am logged in. Yet it never makes it past the loading screen, which just has that slide show go off indefinitely. Also the first time I launched the game loading times were normal.

Xyber

Grass down to very high, ultra is really demanding when there's a lot of grass on the screen.

antitrop

Playing through this game for the third time and it's still amazing. Just sad that I didn't have this version for my first pt. Some of you guys are very patient and now it pays off.

I actually like the perspective you, I, and others have going into it for the third time. It was nice to see the evolution, each step of the way. And now on PC, I'm still noticing all sorts of details that I missed on my first two plays (or ones that are completely new to PC), and it's making me appreciate the game all that much more.

That said, experiencing it for the first time like this must sublime.

Grass down to very high, ultra is really demanding when there's a lot of grass on the screen.

Shadows and Ambient Occlusion are big ones, too, as always.

Effect

Once again reminded why I get annoyed with Best Buy. Picked up the physical copy of the game after work today. More then I wanted to pay but at least I don't have to download close to 60GB. I might even be able to play tonight as well. However it wasn't on the shelf but in the back. So had to wait for them to find it. At least I finally have something to test out this new dvd drive.

Arjac

\Users\[Username]\Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\User Music

Make sure your not ingame when doing this or it doesn't work.

Once ingame go to settings > audio > full scan.

Than it should be under Self Radio.
is there a way to change the folder for this?
my game is installed on a separate hard drive from my music

I actually like the perspective you, I, and others have going into it for the third time. It was nice to see the evolution, each step of the way. And now on PC, I'm still noticing all sorts of details that I missed on my first two plays (or ones that are completely new to PC), and it's making me appreciate the game all that much more.

That said, experiencing it for the first time like this must sublime.

It is. I've just been utterly blown away with it. As a product of art, technology and design, the game is an absolute marvel - the visuals, the sound, the music, the missions, the city, the detail, the writing, the characters, the tried and tested gameplay mechanics - everything is just so well thought out and well integrated.

Just a great video game.

The difference between this and the PS4 version is quite significant. I thought it looked great on PS4 but this is amazing.

Even interiors

pc1ouq2.gif

tumblr_mx7gfcQN6s1qdxz9yo1_r4_500.jpg

man playing more GTA V on the PC really makes me want to play the story DLC now

i hope we get a North Yankton prequel DLC with Michael and Trevor in their "glory days"

Hawk269

Ultra Grass at least for me seems the big culprit in dragging down the frame rate. I am running a I7-3930k OC to 4.8, 2xGTX Titan X, 16 Gig of Ram and playing at 4k. When having everything set to max, except MSAA that is set to off and FXAA On, it can drop to about mid 40's when there is a lot of grass areas. Changing the setting to Very High from Ultra on the Grass and FPS jumps back up, now it rarely if ever hits 55fps, perhaps once it hit 52 fps, but pretty rock solid 60fps now with just that one change.

Frankly, going back and forth, I really don't see that much of a drastic change that Ultra Grass vs. Very High Grass. On a still screen it looks a little fuller, but you really only notice that looking at screen shot side by side, as you game, I don't see that much of a difference.

Again, for me it only drops FPS when out in the country where a lot of grass exist when having it set to Ultra, so I figured the change to Very High was worth it have a sustained FPS even in the country side. It is quite breath tacking at night time in the city and it not flinch regardless of the traffic density, especially when flying down a freeway in a sports car! Impressive stuff!

Hawk269

Anyone managed to move the default gta 5 folder to another location once installed? (social club version)

I tried and it would not work. Ended up re-downloading the game. I just installed a 1TB SSD that runs faster than my old Samsung 840 512gb SSD's, so I wanted the game on the new Samsung to help with streaming etc., but when I tried moving it would not load the game. I get the small splash screen then it closes. Only fix was to re-download. I did the re-download late last night and took it down in less than an hour. Got lucky the servers were not being hit hard at that time (about 1am PST).

docbon

Giff invite to crew please and thanks. My social club name is docbawn~

edit: Also, is there a mumble server you guys are all using?

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Got a question about the story to anyone who's played super far, beaten it, or double dipped.

I just want to gain access to all the important stuff you can. Do you unlock stuff along the way or is everything unlocked for you to do activity wise from the start? For example, is there even buying houses in this, and can I do that at the start? What about car dealerships, is that in the game?

How long am I expected to play before I unlock everything significant to mess around with?

Top Bottom