• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
The vast majority of the campaign. I think the pacing with which new activities are introduced is fantastic, but it might not be what you're looking for.

Huh, I see. Not sure how I want to go about this then. Thanks for the quick response.

cHinzo

There is, try Director mode on the pause menu. You can set the weather, invencibility, time of the day, disable police, etc and just play like you want.
Sounds awesome! Totally forgot about it. I hope u get legit invincibility instead of the 5 minutes invincibility when using the cheat codes. Gonna try that one out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone know when you unlock the DLC weapons in story mode? i thought you'd get them all immediately but i guess they made it so that you couldn't just buy advanced weapons at the start of the game.

but i want em :mad:

I got a tough decision ahead of me, should I keep my settings on normal/high at 45-60fps, or should I lock it at 30fps and turn everything up to very high, I've done both and by god does very high look fantastic, but that 60fps though.

antitrop

I got a tough decision ahead of me, should I keep my settings on normal/high at 45-60fps, or should I lock it at 30fps and turn everything up to very high, I've done both and by god does very high look fantastic, but that 60fps though.

Since you're not getting a very smooth, consistent framerate at 45-60, anyway, I would go with the 30 lock and better effects.

i would actually drop them to try hitting 60 more, but it depends on if you're going to be playing online alot. if you're playing online you're gonna need 60, the input lag at 30 will make you slower than everyone else.

the game does look amazing with all the sliders up, but nothing is worth the 30fps for me.

Just can't get into this game again, despite the looks. Running great on my rig, its a nice port/remaster for sure. Just a year to late.

Back to BB.

I've beat it on PS3 already but doing again because I know there will be DLC which I will get on PC. Also never messed with the online so that as well.

i would actually drop them to try hitting 60 more, but it depends on if you're going to be playing online alot. if you're playing online you're gonna need 60, the input lag at 30 will make you slower than everyone else.

the game does look amazing with all the sliders up, but nothing is worth the 30fps for me.

Well when I using my controller and 30fps lock I get defaulted to the controller/lock-on lobbies so I haven't had a hard time with the skill gap yet, I did a deathmatch and did pretty good.

So many stupid fucking assholes online. Heist setup, everyone has to get in position. Always one fucktard who wanders around, then shoots something and fails the mission.

So many stupid fucking assholes online. Heist setup, everyone has to get in position. Always one fucktard who wanders around, then shoots something and fails the mission.

i1pMtM4tZayOu.jpg

Xyber

I never play anything that requires some kind of coordination with strangers, 90% of the time it's just a bad experience. :p

Edit: I just noticed that the dynamic shadows doesn't work with Trevor's car when you use the full beam. This only seems to apply to his Jeep and no other cars (that I have encountered so far).

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I tried and it would not work. Ended up re-downloading the game. I just installed a 1TB SSD that runs faster than my old Samsung 840 512gb SSD's, so I wanted the game on the new Samsung to help with streaming etc., but when I tried moving it would not load the game. I get the small splash screen then it closes. Only fix was to re-download. I did the re-download late last night and took it down in less than an hour. Got lucky the servers were not being hit hard at that time (about 1am PST).

Ah too bad, thanks for the info though man!

Kvik

Can you switch to DS4 prompts?

I would like to know this, as well. I'm using J2K's DS4Windows and X360 prompts are still being used.

Playstation prompts did show up when I play Far Cry 4 though, so I thought GTAV must've done things differently.

Man, GTA Online can be kind of aggravating, especially when everything takes forever. The way heists work is kind of dumb. Once we did the set-up mission (which had a dumb way of distributing awards at the end since the guy who didn't do jack except drive around in his sports car somewhere else got a silver), the heist itself was full when I accepted the invite and the queue didn't really work. I can't seem to find a way to join heists specifically when joining as a crew member, either.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I tried and it would not work. Ended up re-downloading the game. I just installed a 1TB SSD that runs faster than my old Samsung 840 512gb SSD's, so I wanted the game on the new Samsung to help with streaming etc., but when I tried moving it would not load the game. I get the small splash screen then it closes. Only fix was to re-download. I did the re-download late last night and took it down in less than an hour. Got lucky the servers were not being hit hard at that time (about 1am PST).

Got it moved, you have to copy to the new folder. Run the tool and point to the new folder and it will recognize the files are present.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gta5/comments/32iisz/to_anyone_having_gta_v_launching_problems/

Hope it helps someone!

red731

The difference between this and the PS4 version is quite significant. I thought it looked great on PS4 but this is amazing.

Even interiors

You. You are not helping, you know that?
Or you are helping and fully aware of it.
No...dosh will go towards KF2DD, not tripple dipping....

*stays kinda semi propably strong

I've met some cool players via matchmaking. Problem is the large amount of shitheads.
Yeah, I was doing the prison break heist as the pilot, and there were two people on the ground who kept on dying. I had no clue what was going on, and it kind of sucked getting 0 RP each time we had to repeat it (regardless of how adeptly I was dodging the jet's missiles). Seems like a thing that would only work with better coordination. (I kind of wished there was some sort of cam that would show what was happening to the other players.)

Hawk269

Any way to make it that it plays your personal radio station when you get in different cars. In the menu, I have it selected, but whenever I hijack someone's care, I always have to reset the radio station. Is this even possible?

You. You are not helping, you know that?
Or you are helping and fully aware of it.
No...dosh will go towards KF2DD, not tripple dipping....

*stays kinda semi propably strong

Yeah I didn't expect that big a difference, but it's really apparent. The lighting and shadow quality/distance makes it look absolutely gorgeous. I was awestruck just walking around downtown and taking it all in, especially with the incredible sound collages of the environment tying it all together.

Also anybody else having problems getting self radio to recognize their music? I've used file shortcuts, folder shortcuts, dumped the music in there manually, no dice. I've heard it takes a hit to performance so maybe I'm better off without it.

Sent a request to neogang.

Social Club name is same as here.

Getting tired of having to set up the prison break hesitate everytime cuz one person is unable to do their job.

Sarcasm

I have all this money and i have not bought anything.

Single player is what I am referring to.

So I am going to buy and mod assault rifle and shotguns, what else should I buy? Invest?

Stocks like real life right.. What should I buy?

docbon

I setup a mumble server for PC GAF GTAV clan if anyone is interested in using it. There's four heist group channels and can add more as needed, hopefully it makes it easier to find heist groups and to talk strategy if you don't want to use the in-game voice chat. If there needs to be more channels, you should have permissions to create them. Feel free to talk about anything you want in the root channel, go wild.

Address: pcgaf.com (104.131.112.225)
Port: 64738 (default)
Password: (quote post to see)

I chose mumble because its free, high quality, and doesn't have a user limit. The free versions of ventrilo are limited at 8 users and teamspeak at 32. This server will be up for the forseeable future, I got lots of hosting credits with digitalocean.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Can we get this added to the OP, Salsa?

Dr.Acula

Banned
I have all this money and i have not bought anything.

Single player is what I am referring to.

So I am going to buy and mod assault rifle and shotguns, what else should I buy? Invest?

Stocks like real life right.. What should I buy?

You can get missions from properties. Some are quite expensive too, in the tens of millions.

FLAguy954

This is what I have done (4K with many settings maxed out and locked at 30 fps) and GTA V is glorious in 4K.

ducksauce

This is what I have done (4K with many settings maxed out and locked at 30 fps) and GTA V is glorious in 4K.

What card are you using? I have a 970 and would like to do this but I'm not sure it can handle it. Right now I have almost everything maxed running at 1080p.

23qwerty

What card are you using? I have a 970 and would like to do this but I'm not sure it can handle it. Right now I have almost everything maxed running at 1080p.

Can easily get 4k @ locked 30 with mostly high/very high with a 970

I prefer 1440@60 with mostly very high though

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
actually, in the dune buggy it is super usable. I like it a lot.

edit: oh and flipping people off is a lot more satisfying this way

Top Bottom