• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

6th 24th attempt and we finally almost pull off the prison break heist...and then the pilot flies over the prison and gets shot out of the sky. Great.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Is anyone else by chance having trouble finding other people in GTA online?

I can start the online component, but can't seem to get into a lobby with anyone else, ever.

I've tried opening the suggested ports, enabling DMZ mode, and other suggested fixes on the Rockstar Website to alleviate the issue, but no dice.

I tried creating a 2nd character (my first was an import from the 360) to do the tutorial...and the tutorial race crashed in the middle of racing Lamar.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Corpekata

Banned
Had a mission disappear on Micheal when I changed clothes. Thought maybe it needed me to wear a specific outfit, but nope, switching to Franklin and then back brought it back. This a known glitch with the game or just the PC version?

IMACOMPUTA

I can drive well in 1st person. Higher FoV would be nice, but it's far from unusable.

Try the Karuma.

?

It's not usable? I spent like 15 minutes just driving around in my rip off Lambo in 1st person mode and it was great.

Your viewpoint is low in first person driving. There are examples of places on the map that you cant even see the road because you're like 4 feet tall when you drive.

This has probably been asked before, but if I pimp out some random car, do I have to painstakingly drive it back to my garage every time I've used it if I don't want to lose it?

The-Bean

This has probably been asked before, but if I pimp out some random car, do I have to painstakingly drive it back to my garage every time I've used it if I don't want to lose it?

I think they get impounded (look for the white car icon on the map). Costs like $250 to get them out.

I'm trying to catch Franklin from the boat. He just goes on about getting to closer distance. How do I regain control of the car, or anything for that matter?

Edit: Nevermind, mashed every button and jumped out of the car. Good thing there was a checkpoint.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Took some screenshots from both the PC/PS4 version to see what the difference was. Taken between 10AM-1PM (in game time). Weather/angles etc may not be exact.

my specs:

i5-4590 3.3Ghz, 8GB 1600Mhz, AMD R9 290 4GB.

1080p 60fps

FXAA on
MSAA off
Density MAX
Variety MAX
Scaling MAX

Textures VERY HIGH
Shading VERY HIGH
Shadows HIGH
Water VERY HIGH
Grass VERY HIGH
Particles VERY HIGH
Shadow Softer
Post FX ON
Motion Blur MIN
In-game blur effects ON
Ambient Occlusion HIGH
Tessellation VERY HIGH

Imgur album here:

http://imgur.com/a/muHX8

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm still on the second mission (or the first if you exclude the prologue) thanks to the Not a Scratch challenge. "Minimal damage" my arse -- more like "absolutely zero damage whatsoever, including insect remains".

Edit: Switching to the white car did the trick. That's racist.

GeoGonzo

Turns out the shooting range is an absolute joke with a mouse: I often double the score needed for golden medals on the first try.

Does the PC version have glitchy or weird water pop-up as you drive during the wet?

I'm talking about the reflections/ puddles etc. They were a bit buggy on the PS4 version.

jWILL253

Banned
First person driving would be better if there were functional mirrors in the cars so I can judge distance and proximity better.

Also, does any one know of a mod for Self Radio that lets me place music in the game with a shortcut? Or one that lets me use iTunes files? I tried both options, and the game crashed upon scanning, and it wouldn't start back up unless I deleted the shortcut/files.

The_Poet

Banned
When I load the game up it runs at 30fps, even though I have vsync at full.

I have to apply vsync to half then back to full for it to pick up the change go back to 60fps. Anyone else have this problem?

Kabouter

I think I might either have to switch to lock on aiming for online or, like, use the mouse. The current thing isn't going to work for me I think :p

Is anyone else by chance having trouble finding other people in GTA online?

I can start the online component, but can't seem to get into a lobby with anyone else, ever.

I've tried opening the suggested ports, enabling DMZ mode, and other suggested fixes on the Rockstar Website to alleviate the issue, but no dice.

I tried creating a 2nd character (my first was an import from the 360) to do the tutorial...and the tutorial race crashed in the middle of racing Lamar.

Not sure what to do at this point.

This happens to me across all platforms, its on Rockstars end, a certain percentage of players just simply cant matchmake correctly. I've tried all the reccomended fixes but nothing changes it. Note this only applies to free roam lobbies, for some reason i can join jobs just fine but when it comes time to free roam it never finds anyone.

Really wish the PC version just had a server browser or something. ..

When I load the game up it runs at 30fps, even though I have vsync at full.

I have to apply vsync to half then back to full for it to pick up the change go back to 60fps. Anyone else have this problem?
That's vsync doing its job. If your frames are constantly dipping down to 30ish then it'll vsync down to 30 rather than 60. Try adaptive vsync or lower some settings.

Stuck on this quest, halp

VJuMBQY.jpg

No clue what it is at all

Xyber

I think I might either have to switch to lock on aiming for online or, like, use the mouse. The current thing isn't going to work for me I think :p

I wish you could join games where lock on wasn't allowed. I can absolutely wreck people if I use it since it takes no skill at all to lock on to someone and pull up the aim slightly for a headshot. But it's also kinda needed if you are using a controller since you are at a huge disadvantage otherwise.

I was 1v3 against my friends in a shootout, had just gotten out of my car so I was still using my controller. Took out all three of them without even trying. =/

So I overcame infinite loading screen by deleting the GTA 5 folder in my documents thus forcing me to start over (wasn't far anyway) and I haven't encountered the bug again. But I have been regularly making back ups as well.

Ark

What's the best way to make money in GTA Online? I just keep doing races and the odd missions that pop up and only getting between 2-12k.

Vuze

Is there anyway to change where you save videos and pictures from in game? I dont have enough space on my SSD to accommodate them
Mhh, haven't tried this at all but maybe a mklink? People keep using it for installing steam games on other drives while letting steam believe they're installed in the library folder if they run out of space etc.

Where are the pics/videos stored anyway? Took a selfie but couldn't locate it yet.

Mhh, haven't tried this at all but maybe a mklink? People keep using it for installing steam games on other drives while letting steam believe they're installed in the library folder if they run out of space etc.

Where are the pics/videos stored anyway? Took a selfie but couldn't locate it yet.

I know where videos go, documents Rockstar and then GTAV, no idea where photos are...

Woo-Fu

Banned
The more I play this game the less likely I'll be able to play this style of game made by anybody else. Nobody even comes close to Rockstar.

The more I play this game the less likely I'll be able to play this style of game made by anybody else. Nobody even comes close to Rockstar.

The obvious comparison being saints row, but frankly I've grown incredibly bored of that franchise after 4. And GTA's first person mode... while totally not revolutionary... is really really appreciated and I hope they continue with that in future games.

Top Bottom