• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

GeoGonzo

I take it there's no way to check the optional mission objectives during a mission?
Wondering about this too. The completitionist in me gets very annoyed when finishing a mission and reading the "objective lottery":

You were fast enough. Check.
You were accurate with the camera. Check.
Oh, you didn't take a dip in the pool of the home you were sneaking into? Too bad, maybe next time.

garath

Wondering about this too. The completitionist in me gets very annoyed when I finish a mission and check the "objective lottery":

You were fast enough. Check.
You were accurate with the camera. Check.
Oh, you didn't take a dip in the pool of the home you were sneaking into? Too bad, maybe next time.

I stopped caring after the second mission. There's no way I'm going to go back and try to replay all these for gold. I just want to play the missions and enjoy the game lol

Woo-Fu

Banned
The obvious comparison being saints row, but frankly I've grown incredibly bored of that franchise after 4. And GTA's first person mode... while totally not revolutionary... is really really appreciated and I hope they continue with that in future games.

I'm burnt out on Saints Row at this point. While I think it has a place as GTA's wacky kid brother I think they need to take more time between releases before they run it into the ground---if they haven't already.

jWILL253

Banned
Someone posted a Tweet earlier that a modder had already accessed all the files.

And they've been able to access those files since the console versions came out.

They all have the same file system, but the PC version is more encrypted than the others. But once it's cracked, it's cracked. So unless Rockstar wants to re-encrypt 60gb of data in every patch, or they start breaking shit on purpose, ain't much they can do besides banning cheaters who mod online.

Grief.exe

And they've been able to access those files since the console versions came out.

They all have the same file system, but the PC version is more encrypted than the others. But once it's cracked, it's cracked. So unless Rockstar wants to re-encrypt 60gb of data in every patch, or they start breaking shit on purpose, ain't much they can do besides banning cheaters who mod online.

Due to the shear amount of users, I'd imagine GTA V will be as modded as GTA IV if not more.

Rockstar attempted to lock down that release as well.

friday

I have a big issue with GTA Online. I can join it, but from what I can tell, I am the only one in my game, no one else is running around. Also, when I try and join a race or deathmatch no one else ever joins the lobby. From what I can tell I am not actually connected to any kind of server with anyone else. Is this issue common?

Ptaaty

The more I play this game the less likely I'll be able to play this style of game made by anybody else. Nobody even comes close to Rockstar.

While I sort of agree (no one comes close to Rockstar) Saints Row 4 is so completely different in feel, is extremely fun, and I have no issues recommending it to just about anyone.

SR4 feels like a super hopped up, more fun, mission filled, funny Crackdown type game.

noomi

Does that whole stock market trick still work? The one from the 360 version with the
hotel assassination
and all that?

Portman

Sent a request to neogang.

Social Club name is same as here.

Getting tired of having to set up the prison break hesitate everytime cuz one person is unable to do their job.

Request accepted, just have to confirm the invite and you're good to go.

Oh, and I sent a request to join the GAF crew. Rockstar name is Uriah8.

Request accepted, just have to confirm the invite and you're good to go.

I played for a few hours last night and had a great time in the singleplayer. The only issues I've noticed is the game freezing up on me once and then it crashed after a few minutes. Other than that I've just noticed a rectangular outline under my character sometimes but it goes away depending on location/lighting so it's easy to ignore. I also see the benefit of SLI after I remembered to enable it after the driver update and that allowed me to turn a lot of the settings up higher,

I'm still trying to decide if I like the radio station enough to purchase the album when it releases next week. I have heard a new track that I really like but I also am aware of the station getting looped due to missions (I guess that's why it does that) so I haven't heard it all yet.

My friends are wanting to try the online so I will create a character tonight and get through the beginning of that so that I can try it out with them. Is it worth playing more of the singplayer to unlock different parent options for the character (if that is how you unlock them) or is that just a cosmetic thing?

I've seen a few people mention wanting to group up to start a GAF event and I'm interested too. I've mentioned it a few times but I'm guessing that we're all trying out the game so it might be a while. Once I get my character created I'll be up for anything although I'm a beginner so I think that will exclude me from heists for a while.

How long does it take for you guys to load into a lobby on GTA:O? Running the game on an SSD and having to load into a session feels like it takes longer than it should.

kris.

Banned
Does that whole stock market trick still work? The one from the 360 version with the
hotel assassination
and all that?

I don't see why it wouldn't. Those missions are pretty much designed to make you a bitchload of money if you do them right.

Sarcasm

I don't see why it wouldn't. Those missions are pretty much designed to make you a bitchload of money if you do them right.

I never heard of this? This for SP or MP? Cause I have no clue what to do with my money in SP (Haven't tried MP yet).

kris.

Banned
I never heard of this? This for SP or MP? Cause I have no clue what to do with my money in SP (Haven't tried MP yet).

*spoilers!!*
They're single player
stock market missions given to Franklin by Lester that directly affect the in-game stock market, so if you play your cards right and invest in the right companies at the right times, you can make more money than you'll ever know what to do with.

Help..
I backup-ed the game from my laptop with steam backup feature, which ended up with a Grand Theft Auto V folder with 14 discs folders inside. Then, I moved the "Grand Theft Auto V" folder to my PC but my Steam doesn't detect it. What should I do?

Sarcasm

*spoilers!!*
They're single player
stock market missions given to Franklin by Lester that directly affect the in-game stock market, so if you play your cards right and invest in the right companies at the right times, you can make more money than you'll ever know what to do with.

Any way to read hints or such?

Help..
I backup-ed the game from my laptop with steam backup feature, which ended up with a Grand Theft Auto V folder with 14 discs folders inside. Then, I moved the "Grand Theft Auto V" folder to my PC but my Steam doesn't detect it. What should I do?

Did you manually move it? If so you forgot some appid file or something.

Alienous

There are some guides online, but most of the time
Lester will be pretty blatant in which stock to buy/sell.

Don't you need to invest before the mission where he makes it explicit what stock to buy?
I don't know if you can during the mission.

Did you manually move it? If so you forgot some appid file or something.

I can't find any other files beside these folders.
U9QH8cQ.jpg

inky

I forgot how fun and well designed some of the missions in this game are. I love the ones that involve going down less obvious paths or offroad. Chasing a plane on a dirt bike will never get old.

IMACOMPUTA

First person driving would be better if there were functional mirrors in the cars so I can judge distance and proximity better.

Also, does any one know of a mod for Self Radio that lets me place music in the game with a shortcut? Or one that lets me use iTunes files? I tried both options, and the game crashed upon scanning, and it wouldn't start back up unless I deleted the shortcut/files.

You can just place shortcuts in the music folder. That's how I added songs. Not sure why yours is crashing.

Mohonky

Dunno if this is relevent, but I installed things like Gigabytes App and Easytune, played around a bit and decided I didn't need them so I uninstalled them.

Anyway went back to play GTA V and it's hanging at the Social Club login.

It was just sitting at loading in the Login Window of Social Club, can't get into the game at all now.

I've tried reinstalling social club and repairing the GTA V install through the install tool. I am on the verge of simply uninstalling the whole thing but I'm worried due to the 60gb install that A: RSC is slow as shit to download and B: that that might not even be the fix.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Seanspeed

Banned
The game kind of runs poorly on my 760. Lots of hiccups. It'll dip from 60 to 30 for no reason.
That's vsync, which works at either 30fps or 60fps, not in between. So if it drops below 60fps, it goes all the way to 30. This is why games that run vsync are typically running a good 5-10fps on average higher than the locked framerate, to keep it from dropping below.

You can run adaptive vsync, which instead of dropping all the way to 30fps, it just disengages vsync and runs unlocked til it goes back up to 60fps, but this can mean tearing while it's unlocked.

Your best bet is to get it so it doesn't drop below 60fps(or at least only infrequently). The fact that you're running it at 60fps(I'm guessing at 1080p?) means it is *not* running poorly at all, given next-gen consoles only run it at 1080p/30fps.

Sarcasm

So I tried to create an online character.

How the heck do people get what they want using this poor character creation tool?

I really need. For my life of me I can't make a darkish Taiwanese. Even with two Asians as parents.

Sullichin

I like the FPS controls on KB/M and the driving controls on the PS4 pad. When I have to drive by shoot I don't know what to do though. Holding down the trigger buttons in that fashion just feels awkward to me and switching to KB/M while I drive will make me crash into a truck.

mintyice

That's vsync, which works at either 30fps or 60fps, not in between. So if it drops below 60fps, it goes all the way to 30. This is why games that run vsync are typically running a good 5-10fps on average higher than the locked framerate, to keep it from dropping below.

You can run adaptive vsync, which instead of dropping all the way to 30fps, it just disengages vsync and runs unlocked til it goes back up to 60fps, but this can mean tearing while it's unlocked.

Your best bet is to get it so it doesn't drop below 60fps(or at least only infrequently). The fact that you're running it at 60fps(I'm guessing at 1080p?) means it is *not* running poorly at all, given next-gen consoles only run it at 1080p/30fps.

Turned v-sync off and I'm running in borderless windowed mode. Turning some settings down worked, but I'm still just averaging in the 40s with random hangs.

jWILL253

Banned
You can just place shortcuts in the music folder. That's how I added songs. Not sure why yours is crashing.

I think it was because most of my music files are Apple Lossless .m4a files. I just removed those files and put MP3s in their place and now it's working.

It sucks because GTAIV supported both AAC & Apple Lossless m4a files. I hope Rockstar patches it. Because I just want to have a shortcut to my entire library, not have to pick and choose out of the few MP3s I have...

Seanspeed

Banned
Turned v-sync off and I'm running in borderless windowed mode. Turning some settings down worked, but I'm still just averaging in the 40s with random hangs.
Check out the PC performance thread. The game is very CPU dependent as well. And don't overestimate how powerful your 760 is, either.

nkarafo

A question about the Non Stop Pop radio station. Does the PC version include all the songs from the original PS3/360 version? I only heard of 1 or 2 old ones so far...

Has been posted in the Performance Thread, but change your mouse input from "raw" to "direct". Makes a massive difference and 1st person mode just feels amazing with it.

Forkball

I played GTA Online for the first time and I'm level 4. What should I be doing? I feel like I'm still in the tutorial but it's not very guided.

I played GTA Online for the first time and I'm level 4. What should I be doing? I feel like I'm still in the tutorial but it's not very guided.

I'm kind of in the same situation. I'm not entirely sure what to do. Matchmaking takes too long a lot of the time for me to be patient and not just want to screw around in free roam. But like, what should I be doing in free roam?

Top Bottom