• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Is there a way to always have the same radio on when I enter a car ?
I'm always annoyed to browse til I find soulwax radio or the rock station ;(

Sullichin

Any good guides for making money in single player? Should I just wait for the stock market missions? I never got the preorder bonus cash.

I'm a little past the first heist now. I forgot how cool that mission is. When I first played the game, it hyped me to finish the rest of the story but I abruptly stopped shortly after. Hope I finish it this time.

How do you access melee weapons like hammers and knives? I've only played a handful of missions and I brought some from Ammunation but they didn't show up in my weapons wheel

Sullichin

Middle Mouse Button Scroll

That switches between all the weapons in the wheel for me. I have two rifles assigned to one of the slots on the right side of the wheel, and I can't figure out how to switch them with KB/M

EDIT: That's weird. This works if I press tab first to switch weapons, but if I just use the MMB I get the weapon wheel without pausing the game but I can't select the alternate weapons for the slot.

That switches between all the weapons in the wheel for me. I have two rifles assigned to one of the slots on the right side of the wheel, and I can't figure out how to switch them with KB/M

The only way I've found is to hold Tab, which brings up the weapon wheel and slows the game down. Then you move the mouse over the weapon and use the scroll wheel to switch between the variants (hammer, knife, etc.).

I really wish I could do it without using Tab, I keep accidentally turning on the Steam Overlay when sprinting and trying to pull out a gun!

Mad1723

I'm kind of in the same situation. I'm not entirely sure what to do. Matchmaking takes too long a lot of the time for me to be patient and not just want to screw around in free roam. But like, what should I be doing in free roam?

I played GTA Online for the first time and I'm level 4. What should I be doing? I feel like I'm still in the tutorial but it's not very guided.

The best way to play is to accept a few random invites from players to do missions or start your own. Find friends to play, it's easier to get groups together and go on missions, racing, shenanigans if you have friends, because the game will try to put you in the same server as your friends :)

Once you reach level 12, you also unlock heists to do on your own, but be sure to bring people you know for better results. They give you a ton of money and lots of experience, letting you get more weapons and on and on :p

inky

I really wish I could do it without using Tab, I keep accidentally turning on the Steam Overlay when sprinting and trying to pull out a gun!

That's funny because the steam overlay simply doesn't work for me, lol. I guess it saves me the trouble.

I love the seamless control switch too.

Is there any way to disable to auto-centering of the right stick when using a controller? I always found it frustrating on console and its what keeps me mainly from using the controller on PC.

Looks cool I guess. But there is a reason, I bet, why they have no VR support. They probably have no idea how aiming would work if your reticule is controlled by your head movements. On the other hand, if they remove the headmovements thing, it kinda loses a lot of reason to go VR in the first place.

Caayn

Sorry if this has been posted before. Flawless Widescreen has been updated to support GTAV, you can now change the FOV and for 21:9 users the game no longer letterboxes cutscenes.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
This happens to me across all platforms, its on Rockstars end, a certain percentage of players just simply cant matchmake correctly. I've tried all the reccomended fixes but nothing changes it. Note this only applies to free roam lobbies, for some reason i can join jobs just fine but when it comes time to free roam it never finds anyone.

Really wish the PC version just had a server browser or something. ..

I can't do either, lol.

Once in a blue moon, one other person will show up in either the free roam or a job lobby, but they d/c pretty quick.

There are a bunch of in-progress support tickets over at rockstar's website discussing this, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I really want to play this right now but I am defragging the installation folder. It is only like 60gbs but it is taking forever
cry.gif

Seanspeed

Banned
Looks cool I guess. But there is a reason, I bet, why they have no VR support. They probably have no idea how aiming would work if your reticule is controlled by your head movements. On the other hand, if they remove the headmovements thing, it kinda loses a lot of reason to go VR in the first place.
Yea, the hacked VR support is probably pretty awful to play with for any length of time and likely unusable for many aspects of the game. It's probably something fun just to fuck around with.

Denton

I considered this game as a kind of appetizer before the main meal comes (Witcher 3), but gotta say, Rockstar outdid themselves here. The atmosphere is so incredibly strong. I just saw first real thunderstorm and it is jawdropping stuff. I love the script so far too, especially Mike/Trevor stuff.
Car handling is immensely enjoyable, first person view is fantastic eventhough I keep changing it since I like both views.
The euphoria animations are so good. I just did the mission with mike waking from the dead inside CIA and shot everyone there in the legs, and watching them crumble is so damn amusingly fun.
And in some 15 hours of play I had zero bugs or problems, which is nice.

Philtastic

Just tried some GTA Online to see what it's like and man, the times to connect are so long. Was it this bad on console or perhaps this is just the release week glut?

Salsa

im still not a fan of the auto changing clothes

like, I get it for realism and all but going back to a character or him showing up on a cutscene with shitty / default clothes is bleh

Oreoleo

How do you toggle weapon attachments on/off with the controller? Did the early mission with Franklin with the flashlight attachment for the shotgun and couldn't figure out how to use it :(

like, I get it for realism and all but going back to a character or him showing up on a cutscene with shitty / default clothes is bleh

I really don't get why they force you into certain outfits on some missions (like making Franklin wear some track jacket for the warehouse mission with Lamar). Makes no damn sense.

How do you toggle weapon attachments on/off with the controller? Did the early mission with Franklin with the flashlight attachment for the shotgun and couldn't figure out how to use it :(

Right on the d-pad while aiming.

Axiology

You should change your shortcut to the overlay. I don't even have GTA5 yet but even in other games I find that Shift+Tab is too common of an input. I use Shift+`

Edit: That Oculus Rift video is crazy, man. I always thought that first-person driving would only fully "click" with VR. Now all they've gotta do is make the whole game compatible with it and unbind the aiming to the head tracking.

Gangxxter

So, does anybody know how to use the iFruit app with the PC version? Everytime I start the app it asks me to choose a platform for GTA V but I can only choose PlayStation 3/4 or Xbox 360/One. I've already activated PC version on my Social Club account.

Oreoleo

Right on the d-pad while aiming.

Aha. Figured it was some button+button combination I hadn't tried. Thanks.

So, does anybody know how to use the iFruit app with the PC version? Everytime I start the app it asks me to choose a platform for GTA V but I can only choose PlayStation 3/4 or Xbox 360/One. I've already activated PC version on my Social Club account.

I don't think you can yet.

Cincaid

Sorry if I'm an idiot, but how do I record something after it happened? Like, something awesome happens, I scream "man, I wish I had that recorded!", can I somehow do that? Or can I only record stuff actively by pressing a button?

IMACOMPUTA

It'd be nice if you could save outfits like in the online mode and they'd only switch between those.

Sorry if I'm an idiot, but how do I record something after it happened? Like, something awesome happens, I scream "man, I wish I had that recorded!", can I somehow do that? Or can I only record stuff actively by pressing a button?

Both. Hold the button to view the character selection wheel and you'll see the buttons for Start Recording and Enable Action Replay above the radar. Action Replay means that after something happens, you can open the character select wheel again and save what just happened.

cripterion

Game is smooth on PC but multiplayer still crap, takes forever to get a game going. Got only myself to blame for triple dipping but goddamn Rockstar can't get it together when it comes to online.

Philtastic

I love all the improvements they've made over GTA IV but my all time favourite thing that solves something from every 3D GTA: walk/run toggle and hold for sprint. I have no idea how tap to sprint survived so long.

You need to turn on the Action Replay option with F2 and then save after the event occurs with F1. You can turn off Action Replay/Cancel the current recording with F3. F1 also starts/stops an explicit recording if Action Replay is not on. I should note that you cannot use the in-game recorder to record cutscenes which is a bit of a bummer if you're trying to show off a mission.

Top Bottom