• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Matty8787

Game is smooth on PC but multiplayer still crap, takes forever to get a game going. Got only myself to blame for triple dipping but goddamn Rockstar can't get it together when it comes to online.

This just stopped me triple dipping. Was hoping the PC release would be quicker online, ah well.

Portman

A question about the Non Stop Pop radio station. Does the PC version include all the songs from the original PS3/360 version? I only heard of 1 or 2 old ones so far...

Based on the wiki I would think that all of the original music is present since there isn't a note about music being removed. I can't speak from experience though since I've been focused on The Lab at the moment to determine if I want to buy the album. I have heard some songs that recognize from the soundtrack release but across various stations so I can't say for sure but I'm guessing all the music form the original release is there.

Cincaid

You need to turn on the Action Replay option with F2 and then save after the event occurs with F1. You can turn off Action Replay/Cancel the current recording with F3. F1 also starts/stops an explicit recording if Action Replay is not on. I should note that you cannot use the in-game recorder to record cutscenes which is a bit of a bummer if you're trying to show off a mission.

Both. Hold the button to view the character selection wheel and you'll see the buttons for Start Recording and Enable Action Replay above the radar. Action Replay means that after something happens, you can open the character select wheel again and save what just happened.

Thank you!

Foffy

Banned
Small question, guys. I know the PC version supports PS4 controllers, but what I wanted to know if it supports the visual display of PS4's buttons over Xbox One's. Purely an aesthetic thing, but I was curious if they went that far with it.

FeD.nL

Stupid question, but I just bought the game on steam and it asks me to link my account but I cannot find a steam button when going to the RSC page. How do I fix this?

lordkosc

Stupid question, but I just bought the game on steam and it asks me to link my account but I cannot find a steam button when going to the RSC page. How do I fix this?

Launching and registering the game from Steam, will automatically add your Steam account to RSC.

docbon

Does this game have chat channels for crews? It's cool that we can join crews and whatnot, but sometimes I would like to... talk to this crew.

edit: The ingame social club overlay doesn't even have the newsfeed capability that the web version does, wtf.

cripterion

This just stopped me triple dipping. Was hoping the PC release would be quicker online, ah well.

It is as bad as it was on ps4 and 360 for me. Zero improvement on that front, still same crap matchmaking system that absolutely makes no sense, going back to free roam takes forever, sometimes get stuck while loading a new session and only thing left is to alt-f4 the game...
You get some invites to games with people playing with assisted aim fucking up your settings if you accept.. There's a serious lack of options to find games of your liking, people never play GTA races, often locking you in a point to point no contact race.

Just waited 30mns for someone to join a heist, people kept coming and going but never had a full roster. Online is just bad I can't believe they have the nerve to release something like this on PC.

Single player is definitely good as ever but the rest is just the same old bad and frustrating experience for me.

jediyoshi

Small question, guys. I know the PC version supports PS4 controllers, but what I wanted to know if it supports the visual display of PS4's buttons over Xbox One's. Purely an aesthetic thing, but I was curious if they went that far with it.

Has it actually been confirmed that they're natively supported? I've seen people reference this but have only seen people using xinput wrappers.

Damerman

it's plug in and play(no need for xinput wrapper), but it displays xbox one buttons. I wish we had DS4 touchpad support, but Keyboard and mouse works flawlessly after i sorted through the complex keybinding.

Stevey

How do you upload videos to RSC, the only option I have is to upload to Youtube, even though on the screen before it says select videos to upload to RSC.

Salsa

M4lSLiT.jpg

dat mission

Gangxxter

Just experienced GTA V for the very first time and wow, it's amazing! Fooled around in Los Santos and around Mount Chilliad for about an hour now, together with a friend who came over by chance and we had a blast. Damn it's so good, can't wait to explore the whole map. Damn, it's so huuuuuge, amazing!

Salsa

I know the HUD real close to the corners is a bug or something not intended since it looks fine on windowed but I kinda dig it. The more out the way the better

as long as it's not overscan, which is what I thought at first

I know the HUD real close to the corners is a bug or something not intended since it looks fine on windowed but I kinda dig it. The more out the way the better

as long as it's not overscan, which is what I thought at first

You're meant to adjust the safezone in the display settings.

Applebite

So how is online working for everyone? During missions it's fine, but in free roam I sometime get some massive lag between my friend and I (teleporting and such). Anyone else experience similar things?

Browsing mobile Gaf ay?

So how is online working for everyone? During missions it's fine, but in free roam I sometime get some massive lag between my friend and I (teleporting and such). Anyone else experience similar things?
My only beef with the game. Lot's of teleporting makes killing people really hard sometime.

Got the game days ago and have'nt even touched the story. I've been in free roam the entire time punching people and occasionally doing deathmatch. I have no home or weapons. I love it.

TxdoHawk

I have the exact opposite problem, weirdly: Fine in Free roam, but sometimes in missions/jobs people lag all over the place.

I'm also going to agree with the other recent posts about really wishing there was more fluidity in GTA Online, there's too many places where you can get stuck loading and too many instances where you try to join a job and it errors out. Would really like to see some TLC laid on this aspect of the online experience, especially now that heists are out.

Online's been fine for me on the technical side, apart from some long load times after finishing Heist setups.

Also I'd recommend using the FPS control scheme for first person mode. For some reason, the standard control scheme makes you stop sprinting if you use the right stick to look around.

Sullichin

Got to the mission as Trevor where you have to move some crates with the crane. Fucked up at the end and I reaally don't feel like doing that again, it's just slow.

Nope, there are no PS4 button prompts. But you can launch Steam through Big Picture mode and the PS4 pad will work on its own without having to install any other software.

Would anybody be interested in joining a crew? The Neogaf one is already pretty big and for me a smaller group would be more fun.
I'm pretty new to the game and the forums but really excited for this game, its been a long wait!

bounchfx

the game is super awesome, but there's some really stupid shit keeping this from being amazing.

like.. why is there no party system? I can't join anything with my friend. Unless I start it first, close matchmaking, have them join, and then open it. It's pretty restrictive.

Also, why does it put us on separate servers after playing a mission together? Why do I have to waste 2-3 minutes of our time after each game simply joining servers. It should not only keep you together, but hell, when you start the game it should auto-join you into a server if any friends/crew members are online. It just seems like a very unnecessary thing to make players have to click buttons they will press 99% of the time anyway.

Zoolader

I reinstalled windows and tried moving over GTA V to my ssd. Screwed the process up somehow and now I'm having to reinstall the game. The download speeds from RSC are still abysmal and I also have that update to look forward to downloading. Looks like I won't be playing any today, shit.

Are there any weapon cheats in this? I remember IV had different ones that gave you different "packs" of like rpg, molotov etc. I don't really feel like unlocking everything a third time :/

Are there any weapon cheats in this? I remember IV had different ones that gave you different "packs" of like rpg, molotov etc. I don't really feel like unlocking everything a third time :/

Just use a money cheat and buy all the DLC weapons. Most of them are upgrades from the default weapons and are available from the start.

iNvid02

so that $10million i stashed in the PS3 version really came in handy these lasts few days, bought pretty much everything i wanted and just fucked about.

finally finished all the heists too, so damn good (it's rockstar, its expected). but i think i've had my fill of online again, here's hoping for a few more heist packs down the road.

now to get back into that story mode

Just use a money cheat and buy all the DLC weapons. Most of them are upgrades from the default weapons and are available from the start.
I thought this too since they are on the OG versions, but on PC, weapons that were DLC on consoles are now integrated into the game in a way that makes you need to unlock them like any other wep.

...unless i'm missing something, but i don't think so.

it's the same with cars, all DLC cars for original console versions were available for free in your garage, now they're not and have to be gotten like any other vehicle.

I like it this way, so much more stuff to unlock, it's one of the reasons why another play through makes sense and is fun, because you get nearly 2x as much content as the original game.

edit: speaking of new content, fuck first person view when driving the Duke of Death, it's like you're looking through a letterbox

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
GTA V keeps freezing and then crashing during the prologue cutscene where Trevor
grabs the woman
. :/

EDIT: Restarting my PC fixed it

So anyone have a Google Play subscription? I'm trying to get subscription music to play in-game but I don't think it's possible as I'm not able to download files onto my desktop, only onto a mobile device.

kris.

Banned
Anyone up for a heist? I've never done one before and would rather do it with a fellow crew member than a rando. Steam name is in my profile!

Top Bottom