• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

SlickVic

So anyone have a Google Play subscription? I'm trying to get subscription music to play in-game but I don't think it's possible as I'm not able to download files onto my desktop, only onto a mobile device.

I don't have Google Music, but I'd be surprised if they allowed you to download songs as part of a subscription service and let you play them on any 3rd party music player or something like GTA V. I'd have to imagine even if you could download them, they'd be encrypted to not work on outside apps like that.

When you set the CPU priority for the game's .exe, does it stay that way or do you have to change it every time you boot the game?

Every boot, but apparently if you make a .bat file containing this:
start steam://rungameid/271590
timeout 60
wmic process where name="GTA5.exe" CALL setpriority "high priority"
wmic process where name="gtavlauncher.exe" CALL setpriority "idle"
wmic process where name="subprocess.exe" CALL setpriority "idle"

It essentially works as a shortcut that does it all for you.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It doesn't require BPM. GTAV (and some other games) support the DS4 natively with no wrappers.

It is completely plug and play.

This is probably a really dumb question:

How do I turn on the ds4 without turning on my ps4 and having it pair with that? I have a bluetooth -> USB dongle and kind of want to give this a whirl. Sick of that 360 pad.

How do you run a bat with the steam version?
Read the bat. Its right there, it makes Steam run the game.

Correct.

"start" in a batch file tells the OS to open the default program associated with the protocol. If the address was FTP:// it would open your preferred FTP browser. If it was HTTP it would open your set default web browser. This one is steam:// which Steam recognises, it sees the link as linking to the start command for one of its apps, and of course the ID in that link is GTA's.

Qassim

This is probably a really dumb question:

How do I turn on the ds4 without turning on my ps4 and having it pair with that? I have a bluetooth -> USB dongle and kind of want to give this a whirl. Sick of that 360 pad.

Press and hold the PS button and share button at the same time, the light will flash white indicating it is now discoverable (so you can pair it to your PC). If you press the share and PS button simultaneously it shouldn't turn your PS4 on.

Unless it's been updated since yesterday, no it isn't

Okay it's working now what the hell LOL

Pretty sure has been there since launch ;)

Haven't even touched the online yet, just been doing the story. Loving it so far! Just got to the part with Trevor, this guy is insane lol.

UnrealEck

I'm rocking a gtx 780 on the latest nvidia drivers but I seem to get some stuttering and fps drops when I enable MSAA or TXAA. Anyone else? RIght now I'm just sticking to FSAA.

Both MSAA and TXAA use a fair amount of video memory so it might be the cause. Stuttering in games is often related to memory (both main and frame buffer)

Qassim

Reading reddit, other forums, and this forum, I don't think enough people are taking into consideration the CPU heavy settings and the effect they can have on bottlenecking your GPU performance.

Anustart

Watching an episode of princess robot bubblegum after causing havoc as trevor. Loving this just as much as I did vice city, San andreas, and 4.

Are those note things available right when I start the game? I went to CJs house in Grove St but I didn't find the note on the steps like I was supposed to. No popup that I picked it up or anything. It just wasn't there.

Evo X

Reading reddit, other forums, and this forum, I don't think enough people are taking into consideration the CPU heavy settings and the effect they can have on bottlenecking your GPU performance.

What are the most CPU intensive settings?

Will this work for the Social Club non-Steam version?

Not without some modification. That first line would have to be changed to tell the .bat to start the Rockstar Social Club launcher instead of Steam.

Finally transferred over my PS4 character. Was pretty hyped to see my apt and cars on PC. The view is as glorious as I imagined it would be.

But I'm surprised at how many low level players there are. I guess there really were a lot of people holding out for the PC version.

Oh and Saved Outfits doesn't seem to be working for me. :(

Dinjoralo

Finally transferred over my PS4 character. Was pretty hyped to see my apt and cars on PC. The view is as glorious as I imagined it would be.

But I'm surprised at how many low level players there are. I guess there really were a lot of people holding out for the PC version.

Oh and Saved Outfits doesn't seem to be working for me. :(
Wait, you can transfer characters from Newgen to PC? I heard that you couldn't do that. Huh.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Anyone want to do the prison break heist? Itembox and I need two players, still.

Man I spent over 3 hours tonight trying to get that done on hard. I got close to 2 hours flight time just playing the pilot role---which is really boring compared to the other jobs in the heist, BTW.

Embearded

Played with a friend online while on a skype and we had a blast, it really is a great game and we instantly got hooked on it.
Bad sport is making me anxious though, because i still cant get how you become a bad sport. I understand that if i leave while on mission i am tending to become bad sport but what about mission selector or before launching a mission?
I've read the rockstar page that explains how the system works but i am still confused.
For example, in mission select, or next mission vote screen if you prefer, they have a "freemode" option and a quit option. Both of these options will take you back to freemode no matter what others choose. Am i going to become a bad sport if i choose quit instead of freemode??

Sarcasm

Guys I really need help creating an Asian female online. No matter what I do I can't really make my wife lol.

I can make white and black characters really but a tan female Asian? Tried for over thirty minutes.

I have to say that the character creator sucks in general though.

Gaz_RB

Guys I really need help creating an Asian female online. No matter what I do I can't really make my wife lol.

I can make white and black characters really but a tan female Asian? Tried for over thirty minutes.

Yeah the way they lock it to the limited amount of parents is pretty stupid.

Gaz_RB

Played with a friend online while on a skype and we had a blast, it really is a great game and we instantly got hooked on it.
Bad sport is making me anxious though, because i still cant get how you become a bad sport. I understand that if i leave while on mission i am tending to become bad sport but what about mission selector or before launching a mission?
I've read the rockstar page that explains how the system works but i am still confused.
For example, in mission select, or next mission vote screen if you prefer, they have a "freemode" option and a quit option. Both of these options will take you back to freemode no matter what others choose. Am i going to become a bad sport if i choose quit instead of freemode??

Yeah I hate that bad sport shit. When some psycho dude tries to run me over and gun me down, I shouldn't be penalized for blowing up his car. I don't mind paying for it, but becoming a bad sport and getting the stupid dunce hat and not being able to your friends has always been a bad decision.

Asian Lady is what I was going for this time around, don't think it turned out too bad given the limited customization options.

asian_lady.jpg

Parentage: Zoe for Mom, and believe it or not, Nico for the father. Roman lived in my version of GTA IV, and Nico found love once more ;)

Edit:
If you don't have Nico, because it was a preorder bonus or some such nonsense, then the Taller asian looking guy in the parentage panel (Alex or Isaac I think) also creates a pretty decent asian looking character. But always Zoe.

Embearded

Yeah I hate that bad sport shit. When some psycho dude tries to run me over and gun me down, I shouldn't be penalized for blowing up his car. I don't mind paying for it, but becoming a bad sport and getting the stupid dunce hat and not being able to your friends has always been a bad decision.

So bad sport is permament? This is bullshit... I liked the passive mode option but being unable to use a weapon is a fail... I just want to stop an NPC to steal the car!

Does mouse aim feel weird to anyone else?

Change it from raw to direct input, it feels better for me.

Top Bottom