• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Gaz_RB

So bad sport is permament? This is bullshit... I liked the passive mode option but being unable to use a weapon is a fail... I just want to stop an NPC to steal the car!

Change it from raw to direct input, it feels better for me.

Nah its not permanent. Lasts like two days.

Seanspeed

Banned
It's been kind of overlooked, but the vehicle variety possible in this makes such a big difference for me. Maybe it was in GTA IV PC version too, I never played it, but I've always played GTA's that had like 2 or 3 cars that were just spammed over and over in an area and it's nice to see that is completely gone here. I even turned the setting down a couple notches and it's still fantastic.

It's been kind of overlooked, but the vehicle variety possible in this makes such a big difference for me. Maybe it was in GTA IV PC version too, I never played it, but I've always played GTA's that had like 2 or 3 cars that were just spammed over and over in an area and it's nice to see that is completely gone here. I even turned the setting down a couple notches and it's still fantastic.
I gave up AA to turn the population and variety sliders to max, and it looks amazing. Like a living, breathing city :)

Enco

I gave up AA to turn the population and variety sliders to max, and it looks amazing. Like a living, breathing city :)
Totally agree.

I've maxed the sliders and I've honestly not noticed identical people or cars. Probably have been but they're so far apart it's a complete non issue. Much better than any other GTA or open world game I have every played.

First person mode makes this game completely different. That mixed with the great graphics has actually made me not want to kill anyone haha. I've found myself just walking around and driving to enjoy the sites. I went on one rampage and felt terrible.

Salsa

I just realized i'll have to have The Witcher 3 installed on my hard drive for as long as I wanna play GTAV ;_;

fucking small SSD

jWILL253

Banned
It has begun...

Okay, no big speeches today, right to the business. OpenIV 2.5 first release with support PC version of GTA V. Currently you can only view files, edit features are not available now. You can open archives and textures, the other resources will come later. The audio playback is also not available now. Please keep in mind it is just a beginning. Full list of changes is available here.

Derp

Got my g27 wheel working finally thanks to x360ce and the info in this thread:

http://ngemu.com/threads/gta-v-pc-and-x360ce-compatibility.170785/

need to tweak the deadzones and rotation quite a bit, fuck of a lot more fun than steering with a keyboard or giving up mouse aiming to use a pad eitherway though.

Now to try and get my X55 hotas going..

How... I don't understand anything that's being said in that thread. What do i download, where do i put things, what do i run, what do i do... I'm so lost.

How big of it is a difference with the slider at 100 compared to 50?
I can take shots tomorrow of one of the freeways but I'm off to bed for now. On that note, what tool is everyone using for screenshots? I used to either use the Steam overlay or GeDoSaTo but neither work with the RSC version of GTAV.

Philtastic

Guys I really need help creating an Asian female online. No matter what I do I can't really make my wife lol.
I can make white and black characters really but a tan female Asian? Tried for over thirty minutes.
I have to say that the character creator sucks in general though.

Asian Lady is what I was going for this time around, don't think it turned out too bad given the limited customization options.
<Image>
Parentage: Zoe for Mom, and believe it or not, Nico for the father. Roman lived in my version of GTA IV, and Nico found love once more ;)

Edit:
If you don't have Nico, because it was a preorder bonus or some such nonsense, then the Taller asian looking guy in the parentage panel (Alex or Isaac I think) also creates a pretty decent asian looking character. But always Zoe.
I also used Zoe but had Benjamin as the father because he has relatively clean looking skin. Here's how my Asian girl turned out with a bit of tweaking.
17174432051_73259c6ee8_o.jpg

sytadel

Got in one time changed some settings and quit as I couldn't play just yet, come back an hour later and cannot play the game at all, not even in safe mode. All I get is this now...

gta_zps6jjyte5g.jpg

I have the physical copy, you leave in disc 1 to play yeah?

Putosaure

So, first time playing the game at last, and it's really great so far.
I have to play with low settings but it's not that bad : I didn't had any other version so it's okay. Some textures are definately low but when I'm racing I don't notice it.
I like the online experience so far, could be faster but it's okay.

I have the physical copy, you leave in disc 1 to play yeah?

Nope, you don't have to.

Sarcasm

Asian Lady is what I was going for this time around, don't think it turned out too bad given the limited customization options.

asian_lady.jpg

Parentage: Zoe for Mom, and believe it or not, Nico for the father. Roman lived in my version of GTA IV, and Nico found love once more ;)

Edit:
If you don't have Nico, because it was a preorder bonus or some such nonsense, then the Taller asian looking guy in the parentage panel (Alex or Isaac I think) also creates a pretty decent asian looking character. But always Zoe.

I need darker...

hepburn3d

Can't get over how good this game is. Been playing in first person and trying out helicopters and planes in stormy weather and the dials on the dash are so useful.

Midnight landing, snow / storm, first person is amazing fun. At one point I mis read the dial and due to poor visibility went into a rapid decent. Went the dials started spinning rapidly and I panic pulled up the ocean suddenly came into view as I skimmed the water. This game is insane!

Would anyone know how to remove a linked Youtube channel from the Rockstar Editor? It accidentally linked to a different channel under my same email (they both have the same name and I didn't realize they were two different channels).

EDIT: Found it, you have to "revoke" the link from Google account settings.

Mohonky

Had to do a format on my PC.

I was under the impression the game used cloud saves. Anyway redownloaded the game, straight to prologue. What the shit? What happen to cloud saves? Rockstar social club shows all my missions complete and stats still to where I completed but in game I've had to start all over.

cripterion

asian_lady.jpg

Edit:

Hey, nice heist we did together, so difficult to get good games going, it's a rarity for me lol.

Kabouter

Had to do a format on my PC.

I was under the impression the game used cloud saves. Anyway redownloaded the game, straight to prologue. What the shit? What happen to cloud saves? Rockstar social club shows all my missions complete and stats still to where I completed but in game I've had to start all over.

There's like an import function somewhere in the options I think that I remember? Try that maybe?

Rockstar's launcher is so fucked. I can't even play the game without disconnecting my internet connection before starting it up. Otherwise it just tries to endlessly load Social Club.

How do I talk/shout at people in the game? When I played it initially on the PS3 I'd press the right d-pad I think to shout at a random pedestrian. I looked through the key bindings but can't find anything?

jamsy

Looks like the update fixes the issue on laptops that required you to disable/enable your video card.

So that's pretty nice.

Heigic

Rockstar Social Club still downloads at 8kb/s. Patches seem the same size as the ones at launch. I'm not sure if I'm even getting something new.

artsi

Rockstar Social Club still downloads at 8kb/s. Patches seem the same size as the ones at launch. I'm not sure if I'm even getting something new.

The downloader is truly crap, for such a good developer they sure can create bad supporting software.

Denton

I just realized i'll have to have The Witcher 3 installed on my hard drive for as long as I wanna play GTAV ;_;

fucking small SSD
Hahaha I installed GTA on HDD precisely because of TW3, didn't want to have to reinstall or move it.
It loads pretty quickly on HDD anyway and there are no HDD related issues. No stuttering or anything of the sort.

LilJoka

I was playing online heists with friends last night, and twice my game hung with Windows error "GTA V has stopped working", and i had to kill the game.

Anyone else getting this?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Hahaha I installed GTA on HDD precisely because of TW3, didn't want to have to reinstall or move it.
It loads pretty quickly on HDD anyway and there are no HDD related issues. No stuttering or anything of the sort.

I actually moved my install over to a 2TB HDD because its technically faster than my SSD where it was previously on. Dem RPM's and transfer rates.

Caayn

At least you're getting any incoming data at all. Mine has been sitting here at 0B/s for a while now, pausing/restarting the client has no effect this time.

And I'm so close as well, 349.53MB / 352.75MB, those last three MBs really take their time :(

oneils

steam downloaded a 200mb updated, but it didn't fix my issue. The launcher still stops working. I restarted my pc and am now verifying the integrity of the game cache for the 10th time lol.

Top Bottom