• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Does anyone else have huge issues with GTA Online? Everything's such a blood chore.

1. Can't start a friends only session unless you quit to single player.
  2. Can't go back to free roam with friends after completing a mission
  3. AI is far too accurate and can hit you with a pistol from huge distances.
  4. Team lives in missions. Absolutely no reason for them. Should have an option to disable them and take reduced pay upon completion.
  5. Endless chopper respawns. In GTAIV you had a short window to take a breather if you took down a police helicopter. In GTAV they're back in the air within seconds of being downed.
  6. Far too little health & armour. The super-heavy armour ($400 a peice) takes anywhere from 60-75% damage from ONE bullet.
  7. No health kits on the streets like in GTAIV.. or purchasable health kits at all. Replaced by purchasing snacks (wat) from a convenience store (20+ clicks to max them all out, no "buy all" option), then navigating an in game menu to use to them.
  8. General stupid, overly 'realistic' things like having to call up the fucking insurance company to get your car back and then collect it. In Grand Theft Auto!?!

Just a handful of examples and I have a lot more, it just annoys me so much. Everything is such a chore in online. GTAIV's online was a blast with friends, GTAV just sucks.

JambiBum

Now that I got all of my technical issues solved (mainly the dumb textures missing/buildings missing bug) GTA sure is pretty. Runs really well now too. Made a video of some night time sky diving in the city if anyone is interested. Youtube compression makes it look bad though :(

cripterion

Does anyone else have huge issues with GTA Online? Everything's such a blood chore.

1. Can't start a friends only session unless you quit to single player.
  2. Can't go back to free roam with friends after completing a mission
  3. AI is far too accurate and can hit you with a pistol from huge distances.
  4. Team lives in missions. Absolutely no reason for them. Should have an option to disable them and take reduced pay upon completion.
  5. Endless chopper respawns. In GTAIV you had a short window to take a breather if you took down a police helicopter. In GTAV they're back in the air within seconds of being downed.
  6. Far too little health & armour. The super-heavy armour ($400 a peice) takes anywhere from 60-75% damage from ONE bullet.
  7. No health kits on the streets like in GTAIV.. or purchasable health kits at all. Replaced by purchasing snacks (wat) from a convenience store (20+ clicks to max them all out, no "buy all" option), then navigating an in game menu to use to them.
  8. General stupid, overly 'realistic' things like having to call up the fucking insurance company to get your car back and then collect it. In Grand Theft Auto!?!

Just a handful of examples and I have a lot more, it just annoys me so much. Everything is such a chore in online. GTAIV's online was a blast with friends, GTAV just sucks.

GTA Online is just borked my friend, it would take a huge overhaul to fix it imo but I thought they would at least bother to take care of the matchmaking system, and online lobby connection + not having to go back to find a freeroam session once a game is over...

I just completed the second heist finale and it just didn't register so have to do it once more, didn't get the money either.

So did the latest patch introduce some bad stuttering for anyone else? It's very noticeable in the desert.

1. AI is far too accurate and can hit you with a pistol from huge distances.
  2. Endless chopper respawns. In GTAIV you had a short window to take a breather if you took down a police helicopter. In GTAV they're back in the air within seconds of being downed.
  3. Far too little health & armour. The super-heavy armour ($400 a peice) takes anywhere from 60-75% damage from ONE bullet.
  4. No health kits on the streets like in GTAIV.. or purchasable health kits at all. Replaced by purchasing snacks (wat) from a convenience store (20+ clicks to max them all out, no "buy all" option), then navigating an in game menu to use to them.
  5. General stupid, overly 'realistic' things like having to call up the fucking insurance company to get your car back and then collect it. In Grand Theft Auto!?!

Agree with these things. I especially hate how stupidly fragile you are and the laser-accurate enemies from a mile away. One or two shots from a pistol can take off your armour entirely, and it forces you to turtle around in cover rather than actually have fun and exciting run and gun shootouts.

Anyway, I've been playing GTA V since yesterday, but only after the latest patch today I finally saw steam overlay working with the game. I thought the game didn't support it.
It's not because of the patch, right? Or is it?

Oh, and another thing. It seems that the stuttering has been gone.
I don't know if it's due to the patch or because I closed my fraps.

bathsalts

How... I don't understand anything that's being said in that thread. What do i download, where do i put things, what do i run, what do i do... I'm so lost.

Download the files posted by Stolen_x in that thread, extract to your gta directory where the exe is, run the program, choose the local directory for locating the dll libraries, it should recognize your wheel, crank the deadzone reduction to like 80% on the one thumbstick. Gta might beep warnings at you when starting.

MJLord

Has anyone had problems with "gtav.exe not found. Please reinstall"? I got that problem on thursday and after 2 verifying game files decided to re-download and install it. Unfortunatly I'm still getting the problem. Any Ideas on how to fix this? I'm having trouble finding people with the same problem online.

I bet it's a DRM issue but If it keeps up I'm going to raise hell on Steam and get my money back.

EDIT: Fixed it. I had checked the "run as admin" box in the gta5.exe and for some reason the launcher wouldn't pick it up. Most likely DRM. Be careful changing ANYTHING.

Dinjoralo

Flawless widescreen already allows you to change the FOV in the game.
qDY9xPf.png

Amazing. But does anyone know exactly what the values are, specifically? Is max +20 vertical FOV, +20 horizontal, or what?

feel

Wait, is gta5 unplayable if your internet is down? It's giving me a "failed to activate" error on the Rockstar launcher thingy. Holy shit if so Rockstar, GG.

hepburn3d

Was just flying round in a chopper in the mountains enjoying the view when I see a chopper and a few cop cars at the top? Go to inspect and they're talking to a convertible red car near the edge. The car suddenly floors it then drives off the cliff??? I played this game for 100's of hours on PS3 and never saw this once! I love details like this.

Uh low level players, don't waste your free money on the homing launcher. The rockets are really expensive. Some dude must have wasted all of his money trying to shoot me down from my Hydra lol

Oh and I love that the "everyone drops from the lobby but you" server bug is still in. Damn it. Was just in a cool dogfight over the city and everyone just drops

Stevey

Anyway, I've been playing GTA V since yesterday, but only after the latest patch today I finally saw steam overlay working with the game. I thought the game didn't support it.
It's not because of the patch, right? Or is it?

Oh, and another thing. It seems that the stuttering has been gone.
I don't know if it's due to the patch or because I closed my fraps.

The Steam overlay has worked from launch for me.

Uh were we always able to point in Online? Pressing R3 twice points in the direction you're looking in. Either that's new for the PC version or I've literally never pressed R3 twice in a row on PS4.

Wait, is gta5 unplayable if your internet is down? It's giving me a "failed to activate" error on the Rockstar launcher thingy. Holy shit if so Rockstar, GG.

You need a connection for the launcher to start the game, but if your connection dies when you are playing nothing will happen.

really annoying though.

Kabouter

Did a few heist preparation missions that I in no way had the player or skill level for with iNvid02, was really fun. Thanks for carrying me if you happen to see this, got some nice cash and levelled a few times. Shame I couldn't stick around to see all the missions (and the actual heist) through though.

iNvid02

Did a few heist preparation missions that I in no way had the player or skill level for with iNvid02, was really fun. Thanks for carrying me if you happen to see this, got some nice cash and levelled a few times. Shame I couldn't stick around to see all the missions (and the actual heist) through though.

yeah sorry about that my game crashed right as we were driving up to their gate to retry. managed to do it first time with some others though (same as the plan we had, but with lots more luck).

steal the hydra is definitely one of the best setup missions, kenny loggins kicking in as its clear skies is just perfect. if i see you around i'll send you an invite, levels be damned.

Sarcasm

So turns out cash is shared among your two characters.

Does anybody own 3 Alta St Apt 57? How is it good location right?

After buying a 10 car garage..I should buy guns right? and a car? That is it? Go to town?

Grief.exe

It takes a ludicrous amount of time to get into this game. I'm just not used to this in the PC space, especially when installed to SSD.

Start game, unskippable cut scene, unskippable splash screen, select which version, loading, loading, loading, loading, finally in game.

Hey, nice heist we did together, so difficult to get good games going, it's a rarity for me lol.

Aye, always up for a good heist. I need to add more people in the PCGF crew to my RSC friends list, because trying to join people through the crew menu, and the lack of any crew phone interface is a severe PITA.

How do I start a solo session in GTA Online? I can't seem to find it.
Start an "Invite Only" session, then don't invite anyone.

Pointing was added with the Heist update. It helps when playing with peeps without mics.
Ah, that explains it.
How do I start a solo session in GTA Online? I can't seem to find it.
You have to do it from Singleplayer. Pause, Online Tab, Start New Solo Session.

It takes a ludicrous amount of time to get into this game. I'm just not used to this in the PC space, especially when installed to SSD.

Start game, unskippable cut scene, unskippable splash screen, select which version, loading, loading, loading, loading, finally in game.
Go to Saving and Startup in Options and disable the launch menu, and set it up to automatically load whatever mode you want. The splash screen will always be annoying but at least you can avoid the main menu and load right into the game.

tariniel

The nvidia geforce experience 'optimize' is magic.

I downloaded the game and usually I would tell nvidia to optimize right off but for some reason the program didn't see the game. So I launched and configured it manually. I have a 1440p monitor and it was too laggy so I ran it on 1080 and still ended up getting frame skips, pop in and some lag when driving too fast.

I closed the game and now the nvidia geforce experience found the game! I clicked optimize and let it do it's thing.

Not only does it now run at 1440p, all of the settings are higher, it looks way better, and I get none of the lag or frame skipping from before. It's seriously magic. It must do something behind the scenes at the driver level in addition to settings because I don't understand.

My only complaint is that using the games menu with a mouse is literally aids, it's really slow and laggy. If I use the keyboard arrows it's fine though.

Ark

How often can you replay a heist? I just did the first heist with a friend and then went to replay it with another friend but it says I've completed it too recently. I'm guessing it's only once a day or something?

I tried Google but all I'm getting are press releases and useless crap from the release.

Philtastic

Concerning the initial load time, consider that, depending on your settings, it may be loading 2-3 GB of stuff into VRAM and another 5-6 GB into system RAM. Not many games do that since they just don't have the sheer variety and scope of GTA V.

Top Bottom