• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Philtastic

Did my first heists both in single player and online and, I must say, they're pretty neat. I hope that they get more elaborate as you get further into the game because the setup missions and then the random'ish elements of the finales are cool.

What do i have to press to use the ingame chat online?

T for all chat and Y for team chat. N is mic push to talk. These are the defaults. You can rebind them if you want.

Vuze

You can't edit camera settings from first person footage in the Rockstar editor? If only I'd known earlier lol

But that tool is pretty fun regardless! Added some fancy effects to the footage I took.

cripterion

Can someone explain to me the logic of joining a heist finale just to watch the intro cutscene and bail right after? It happened like 5 times today and it's so annoying since everything takes ages to get going in this game.

Graphics are current gen but everything else feels sooooo last gen it's not even funny.

Can someone explain to me the logic of joining a heist finale just to watch the intro cutscene and bail right after? It happened like 5 times today and it's so annoying since everything takes ages to get going in this game.

Graphics are current gen but everything else feels sooooo last gen it's not even funny.

Maybe because you didn't skip the setup cutscene? Gamers are an impatient lot.
Or maybe they didn't think they were getting enough of a cut?

cripterion

I wonder why that could be!

Don't be coy, Gears of Wars was released a while ago and it had better online functionality that this.

Maybe because you didn't skip the setup cutscene? Gamers are an impatient lot.
Or maybe they didn't think they were getting enough of a cut?

I don't even have the time to get on the board and manage the heist, they bail right after the guy's speech. Or they bail right after starting the game, or after dying first (It's impossible to play on Hard with random people).

My rule for GTA games, since 3, has been to always turn the Sound FX down to about 40% and the Music to 100%.

I wish there were options for "Music" and "Guns" separately in every game with music and guns. Both would be at 10 (guns at 11, preferably) and everything else at about an 8. I don't understand where the priorities are for sound designers in this industry.

Saganator

Yeah, I don't get it either. I've been having a hard time getting the Prison Break heist finished. Either a person leaves and fucks it all up, or I get 1 or 2 people who are terrible at the game. I thought joining the GAF Crew would help, but I haven't been able to get anyone to join me.

cripterion

Yeah, I don't get it either. I've been having a hard time getting the Prison Break heist finished. Either a person leaves and fucks it all up, or I get 1 or 2 people who are terrible at the game. I thought joining the GAF Crew would help, but I haven't been able to get anyone to join me.

I'm stuck there too. Closest I got was arriving at the prison by bus but insta fail cause I had the demolition guy run off to god knows where (and he initially asked for a bigger cut lol)
The principle of the heist is awesome but it's frustrating to do when you don't have the right people which is a large part of the player base and the mechanics of the game make it hard to get games going.

Kabouter

yeah sorry about that my game crashed right as we were driving up to their gate to retry. managed to do it first time with some others though (same as the plan we had, but with lots more luck).

steal the hydra is definitely one of the best setup missions, kenny loggins kicking in as its clear skies is just perfect. if i see you around i'll send you an invite, levels be damned.

Honestly I was on the verge of quitting anyway to do other stuff, so it's fine. Glad you were able to complete it anyway :)

The interface for joining crew members has always been a bit terrible in this game. The fact that you have to drill down like 4 menu levels to access the crew member list is ridiculous.

I'm going to start shooting GAFers I see online friend invites to hopefully skip this annoying process. Friends integration is far better than crew integration in this game.

I wish there were options for "Music" and "Guns" separately in every game with music and guns. Both would be at 10 (guns at 11, preferably) and everything else at about an 8. I don't understand where the priorities are for sound designers in this industry.

Yeah, low weapon sounds is an annoying issue. The editor mode especially needs a separate volume slider for it.

Requested an invite to the PC GAF gang under bkaRevolutionary. I usually just mess around in freeroam, policing the skies from asshole jets.

Is the stock car racing bugged? I noticed that the car appeared outside the bar when doing the Chinese contact mission for Trevor, but after that, nothing. I got the text from Ron after the Mr Philips mission, but there's no marker for it.

bud23

So no patch notes yet on this update? 350ish MB update on RCS.

[4/17/15] GTAV PC Patch 1.01 Notes

-Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
-Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
-Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
-Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
-Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
-YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
-Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
-Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
-Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
-Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
-Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
-Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
-Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205509157--4-17-15-GTAV-PC-Patch-1-01-Notes

denx

So is the NeoGANG PC crew doing something this weekend in GTA Online? I've barely played online waiting to group up with you guys.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The voice acting in this game might be the best I've ever experienced, and the pop station... Laaaaaaaawd

docbon

So is the NeoGANG PC crew doing something this weekend in GTA Online? I've barely played online waiting to group up with you guys.

Not that I know of.

It's difficult to even communicate with your crew members if you aren't online and in the same session as them. There's the newsfeed function on the crew page, but it can only be accessed via browser outside the game.

It might be worth setting up a steam group (if we haven't already) so we can use the group chat on there, and use the mumble server / in-game voice chat when we're actually running heists. If we can get some events scheduled via the steam group, that would be even better.

eyefork

Neo Member
It's been a while since I've played GTA5 on the PS3, but does anyone know when the DLC vehicles will be available for me to spawn in single player via the garages? Do they have to be enabled or unlocked somehow? Right now the only option for spawning is the Elegy RH8.

It's been a while since I've played GTA5 on the PS3, but does anyone know when the DLC vehicles will be available for me to spawn in single player via the garages? Do they have to be enabled or unlocked somehow? Right now the only option for spawning is the Elegy RH8.

Pretty sure the free DLC from last gen is integrated into the game via traffic now.

Hip Hop

If you don't do pvp is there anything else to do? Can you still meet up with friends, do heists, fuck around?

I think creating a private free roam is where this comes in to play so you can just mess around with friends.

Not completely sure on this as I haven't created one, but I'm sure others can say.

If you don't do PVP in a public free roam, you will be transparent to other players and you can't take out your weapons at all or interact with others. Your ghost character will just go through players and so will your car. No collision when "passive mode" is on but this can be disabled/enabled at will.

EDIT:
it's just like Red Dead online. The free roam works exactly the same way.

SlickVic

Heh, after I made my GTA Online character I realized she looked a little like Rashida Jones after changing the hairstyle. Unintentional, but I'm guessing watching a lot of Parks and Rec recently had something to do with it.

Ucg3qfjYYE-Fyq6d52VQwQ_0_0.jpg

I've not played online yet. Friendly for newcomers? Or is it like Red Dead where everyone kills on sight?

Pretty much the latter. I learnt the hard way yesterday thinking "this'll be great!".

Was killed within seconds of finding other players. I'm about to jump on and play so if you want to join me, add me.

Kanaray23 is my ID, I'm in PCGAF too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
now that im done with Sins of the First Scholar I kinda wanna get this. but the only GTA ive ever really loved and finished was 3 (I tried to play 4 like 5 times over the years and it never clicked)

I actually know little about gta5, I didnt follow it on last gen, I assume its good at least. Is it "good" good, or review good? Because, well, GTA4...

SlickVic

Pretty much the latter. I learnt the hard way yesterday thinking "this'll be great!".

Was killed within seconds of finding other players. I'm about to jump on and play so if you want to join me, add me.

Kanaray23 is my ID, I'm in PCGAF too.

You can always enable Passive Mode. No one can aim their gun directly at you while free roaming. If they kill you by running you over with a car I believe they have to foot the hospital bill. Only thing is I believe it gets disabled temporarily when you enter a vehicle.

Anustart

now that im done with Sins of the First Scholar I kinda wanna get this. but the only GTA ive ever really loved and finished was 3 (I tried to play 4 like 5 times over the years and it never clicked)

I actually know little about gta5, I didnt follow it on last gen, I assume its good at least. Is it "good" good, or review good? Because, well, GTA4...

...Was good good.

I loved 4 and love 5. My opinion is worthless here.

Is it possible to utilize other's save games with this? Curious if Social Club will interfere with that in any way. I just wanna tear around with everything unlocked, too lazy to complete the campaign a third go around. Hoping to find a generous gaffer willing to share a close to complete sp campaign save file with most items unlocked ;)

Is the online community still split between different aim modes? Might explain why I seem to have trouble with matchmaking. Rockstar and their fucking idiotic decisions to put auto-aim in a multiplayer mode. Made the exact same mistake with Max Payne 3.

Is the online community still split between different aim modes? Might explain why I seem to have trouble with matchmaking. Rockstar and their fucking idiotic decisions to put auto-aim in a multiplayer mode. Made the exact same mistake with Max Payne 3.

People play with controllers on PC. I think when aim-assist is off for Mouse users, it's off for controller uses as well. Good luck hitting anything without aim assist on a controller.

MayMay

Banned
This is so frustrating, I keep being displayed as offline for everyone on their friendslist so no one can invite me to anything. While I can see them and invite them just fine. Its no settings issue, everything is set to open.

This is so frustrating, I keep being displayed as offline for everyone on their friendslist so no one can invite me to anything. While I can see them and invite them just fine. Its no settings issue, everything is set to open.

Can you join a random online game? And do you have the Rockstar social club opened up in a browser anywhere?

Top Bottom