• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee: Super TURBO Championship Edition | OT | ¡Livin' la muerte loca!

ShapeGSX

How do you do coop play on the Xbox One. It says drop in coop, but the 2nd controller, it does nothing!

Never mind. Just didn't progress enough.

Noi

So, earlier on I quit the game just after meeting Flame Face and I thought that would be considered a 'checkpoint'.

When I reloaded the game later, I was quite a lot of time behind that. Is there any way to know if the game has saved or can you manually save?

The only things that are checkpoints are the skull stands that double as shops. You run by them to save the game.

Edit: There is a method to start the game on hard mode for your first run, though I can't confirm it myself since I already beat the game.

Konami Code on the Title screen. On PS4: Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right Square Triangle Touchpad

Smeags

Having an issue with getting the good ending in the game
(and therefore the chicken power-up)
, despite doing what I thought was necessary.

Image is a little spoilerish so here's the url:
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSHqFtQGM5usRp

On my map it shows that I have 5/6 Mask Orbs,
and from what I've read you receive the sixth and final piece once you beat Calaca. However, I've now beaten him twice (once with Tostada and the second time with Juan) and once I pick up the final orb it shows that I'm somehow missing one piece and then proceeds to go to the bad ending.

Curiously I have the good ending and good credits videos in my extras.

Am I doing something wrong? I really don't want to go back and check if I missed the Tule Tree one... @_@

jwk94

It took long enough, but found it!

http://i.imgur.com/TvLVErV.jpg
You have to clear enough challenges to unlock the silver door in El Infierno, the chuzo statue with Pollo Bomb is right inside there. Now I can finally do everything else. @_@[/QUOTE]

thanks!

Any difference between the Xbox One and PS4 version? I play the PS4 more so I'm considering spending the $2.50 or whatever for that version.

Hatchtag

Banned
Having an issue with getting the good ending in the game
(and therefore the chicken power-up)
, despite doing what I thought was necessary.

Image is a little spoilerish so here's the url:
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSHqFtQGM5usRp

On my map it shows that I have 5/6 Mask Orbs,
and from what I've read you receive the sixth and final piece once you beat Calaca. However, I've now beaten him twice (once with Tostada and the second time with Juan) and once I pick up the final orb it shows that I'm somehow missing one piece and then proceeds to go to the bad ending.

Curiously I have the good ending and good credits videos in my extras.

Am I doing something wrong? I really don't want to go back and check if I missed the Tule Tree one... @_@

Get 10 Gold Medals in El Infierno to go inside El Diablo's room and get the 6th orb, which is a change from the original game.

I'm sure it's been asked a million times, but is there enough new content to justify playing again on PS4?

Yes and no. If you've never done hard mode, use the Konami code above and get to it! The game is so much more fun that way. If not...eh. Honestly, not really. It's an excellent game, but the new content just does not add much.

i was enjoying the game until I reached last quarter of it. it's just gauntlet after gauntlet of annoying enemies and platforming.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Enjoying this so far, but it does seem a bit easy so I've been using the one pinata suit that makes me take more damage. Just got to some temple after clearing the Tule Tree which I recall hearing about as being really difficult but it wasn't bad at all for me, unless that was referring to a part later on I haven't seen yet.

Enjoying this so far, but it does seem a bit easy so I've been using the one pinata suit that makes me take more damage. Just got to some temple after clearing the Tule Tree which I recall hearing about as being really difficult but it wasn't bad at all for me, unless that was referring to a part later on I haven't seen yet.

The Tule Tree isn't hard, the top of the Tule Tree is hard. ;)

Withnail

So does the Konami code trick to unlock Hard mode definitely work? Because if so I'm double dipping via the EU upgrade deal.

JLck

I'm on the Sierra Moreno part. There's three pillars which on the original version you can run up.

The problem is, the outside of the pillars (closest to me) are all green so I can't run up them. I'm struggling to get to the inside parts of the pillars using the uppercut/dash and double jump because there are brambles in the way. Everytime I do an uppercut/jump to get in I die to them, if I press left-trigger then it stops the momentum of the jump and doesn't get me through them.

Any help?

Takiyah

So does the Konami code trick to unlock Hard mode definitely work? Because if so I'm double dipping via the EU upgrade deal.

There is a code for unlocking hardmode right away...I love codes. (why is this?)

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Square, Triangle, then click the Dualshock4 front touch pad

baconcow

Have the PS Vita version and never completed the game. Would have loved to play it on my PS4, but without an upgrade option, I'll wait for a sale. Once I purchased the Vita version, it went on sale a very short time after.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
am i alone in having difficulty with the special moves registering? i hate to blame it on poor controls, because everything else is spot on, but a lot of the time either the special i want to do does nothing, or the wrong one comes out. can be annoying in battle, but its truly frustrating when you're depending on one during an extended platforming section.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Any difference between the Xbox One and PS4 version? I play the PS4 more so I'm considering spending the $2.50 or whatever for that version.

It's closer to $13+ for Plus users on PS4. On X1 it's currently free if you have Gold.

Edit: Didn't realize there was an upgrade option for Europe.

Anyways, I played a little last night, and really like it.
The Metroid references were great!

JLck

I still can't do the three pillars part of Sierra Moreno. I haven't struggled with the rest of the game at all - a few moments I would have to retry but I'd never spend more than a minute or two on any part until this.

On the original you can easily jump to the first pillar and goats run up to it, but now you have to double jump/uppercut inside it, past brambles and I can't do it.

Everytime I press LT/RS to avoid the brambles it ruins my jump and I fall back down?

This game looks so good one Xbone (played some on PS3 previously)

I mean move your chair closer and look at those backdrops and drool good. . .

Halo 2

Banned
The difficulty spikes quote a bit once you teach the final temple.
In loving this game have the developers announced what their next project is?

JLck

The difficulty spikes quote a bit once you teach the final temple.
In loving this game have the developers announced what their next project is?

Since you've reached the last temple can you help me getting across the three pillars on Sierra Moreno? Please?

Sierra_12.jpg

This bit? But on the Super Turbo edition the right hand sides are covered in moss so you can't run up them. I can't get to the insides by jumping through those brambles or dashing/uppercutting as whenever I press lt/roll then my jump stops and I fall.

Sorry, but it's really frustrating me!

Can you actually change the language of the game? my wiiu system is in Portuguese, but the game seems to use Brazilian Portuguese which is bad for me.

I didn't know that..
cool beans from SCEE i guess. For once.

Yea, best thing NA people can do is tweet Sony peeps and voice their disappointment. I know I did. Not that it will change much for this instance, but it will let them know they can't keep treating each territory so differently. The Blog is an insanely effective tool to market stuff on Playstation, the down side is it is also insanely easy for NA folks to see what EU folks are getting and vice versa.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Since you've reached the last temple can you help me getting across the three pillars on Sierra Moreno? Please?

This bit? But on the Super Turbo edition the right hand sides are covered in moss so you can't run up them. I can't get to the insides by jumping through those brambles or dashing/uppercutting as whenever I press lt/roll then my jump stops and I fall.

Sorry, but it's really frustrating me!

post a few more times ;)

There is a code for unlocking hardmode right away...I love codes. (why is this?)

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Square, Triangle, then click the Dualshock4 front touch pad

not working. :( o_O?

ok, apparently I wasn't quick enough or something after x tries it just popped...o_O

Carlisle

Man I almost got this on the eshop yesterday. But now I'll hold off and see if that upgrade option crosses the pond. That's a huge difference in price, and since I've only played the intro I'd prefer to not to pay full price again to play this version. Then I'll grab Shovel Knight on eshop instead and spend this weekend in indie heaven.

Top Bottom