• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee: Super TURBO Championship Edition | OT | ¡Livin' la muerte loca!

Arukado

I'm playing it right now on ps4 and the share menu doesn't stop the game, it keeps running in the background. They have to fix that.

Katsa

Banned
Played it last night. It's a cool game, but nothing extra-ordinary. I'm enjoying it as much as Stick It To The Man on the PS4.

I hope Microsoft does two games instead of just one for GwG next month.

Hatchtag

Banned
Played it last night. It's a cool game, but nothing extra-ordinary. I'm enjoying it as much as Stick It To The Man on the PS4.

I hope Microsoft does two games instead of just one for GwG next month.

Replay it on hard. That's when it makes the leap to extra-ordinary. The combat really, really shines in hard mode.

Noi

Son, the game's been out for barely a day. How'd you already platinum it?

V

Most the things are in the same locations, so it's not hard if you've Platinumed the old version. I'll probably have all the achievements in it after about 6-10 hours of playtime.

P much. The thing that took the longest was figuring out where the new content was, realizing that El Infierno is now required and not an optional diversion like it was before, and 100%'ing the two new areas. Everything else was a cinch if you were already used to going through the game as quickly as possible. :)

JLck

So, earlier on I quit the game just after meeting Flame Face and I thought that would be considered a 'checkpoint'.

When I reloaded the game later, I was quite a lot of time behind that. Is there any way to know if the game has saved or can you manually save?

Holy fucking shit. I was about to buy and then I read the upgrade thing also coming to NA.

That's why I love you, GAF. That's why I freaking love you.

btw, was this game crossbuy? I bought the game on Vita, so I'm thinking I'll be to upgrade on PS4 or something.

Arukado

I bought the original Guacamelee! on PS3/PSV in North America, why is there no upgrade package?
We wanted to have an upgrade package available to all those who purchased the original Guacamelee! on the PS3 or PSVita. The upgrade package is available in Europe and in Asia, but due to reasons that are not clear to us, an upgrade was not possible in North America. This decision was outside of our control, and we are disappointed along with our fans.
http://guacamelee.com/?page_id=383

Kater

Banned
Just found out that you also have the option for Off-Screen gameplay in the menu. Yiss!

Edit:

Are there any features on the Wii U that are different from the other platforms?

The main difference in the Wii U version is use of the second screen. You can play the game on the second screen, or you can show the map. With the map turned on you can see a level's fog of war uncover as you run around, and it's generally a bit faster to check where you're going. Naturally, you can also touch the second screen to to scroll the map.

Completely missed that in the OP. :/

Agram

Thank you GAF, I didn't even know there's a PS4 Upgrade. I just bought it, can't wait to platinum it again!

vg260

Welp, no NA upgrade option means I'll wait for a US sale equal to the amount the EU upgrade would cost.

Not cool Sony.

RoKKeR

Love that this is a release date Games with Gold title... hope this isn't the only game like that.

Downloading now, pumped to finally try this.

Not sure where to post this but maybe somebody can help, every time I try to install anything from games with gold, I get an error at 99% saying that I need to be a gold member to play this game. I am currently on the 14 day trial which comes with the console, on day 3. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Jock_Nerd

Banned
How is the co-op gameplay? Does it add anything? Is it more fun than playing alone? Do you have to work together? Will it challenge my bro and me if we play through it?

Thanks for any replies!

vg260

So wierd that Devs dont have control over this. Sony is at fault here?

Seems like it, if it's available in other regions and the devs wanted to do it.

I recall the Pinball Arcade devs saying something about Sony not allowing some discounts they wanted to offer.

Returners

Yeah, at this point SCEA can't really add an upgrade path, then you'll have massive amounts of people complaining to SCEA about buying full price vs. upgrade.

I'll wait for sale.

dankir

Beat it twice on Vita and downloaded on my X1 today. Was surprised to see how much they've added so far. I'm at the Canal area and the new moves, boss and stuff.

Good stuff Drinkbox. If you have an X1 then there's no reason not to download this game.

Jock_Nerd

Banned
To all that have played this game...

How is the co-op gameplay? Does it add anything to the gameplay? Is it more fun than playing alone? Do you have to work together? Will it challenge my bro and me if we play through it?

Thanks for any replies!

KooopaKid

Banned
Bought it on Wii U. Still a pleasure the second time. The map on the gamepad is perfect. Now the action is never stopped to check where you didn't explore.

Currently playing this for the first time. It's a lot of fun. I'm not typically into Metroidvania games but I've had an early gen fix with Strider and this.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I would pay for an update but now I will wait for a sale. I still wanted in on this for around 5USD given I own it on the prior PS platforms. I will be patient as it's not exactly high on the must play list after diving into it on 3 platforms.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I got an Xbox One today and am really stoked to get to revisit this game for free. I adore it just as much as I did on the Vita. I haven't looked up what new content this new edition has, so I'm looking forward to the surprise(s). I noticed new costumes already, which I don't think were included before? Pretty cool.

Bebpo

Banned
Picked this up and replaying this even though I just played through (and enjoyed) the game about 6 months ago on PC (playing on PS4 now). I got it for like $3-5 last time and so I didn't mind shelling out the full $15 this time because it's a real good game and they deserve more sales.

Picked it up because I wouldn't mind replaying it, since it was fun, and it has
2 new dungeons (the original had like 4-5 dungeons+bosses) + bosses in addition to some new attacks for the main character and a 2p mode that I probably won't use.

Been speedrunning it and just passed the 1st major dungeon. Still fun and only things I dislike is I wish I could skip all cutscenes with a press of a button on replays and I don't see any option to start out on HARD and I felt like the game was too easy the first time, so this time I'm blowing through it without a thought. Will probably keep speeding through until I hit the new areas and then take my time to explore them out 100%. Kind of wish I could start on hard though so at least I'd get a new and exciting experience (since I played on normal last time too)

But now that they've ported/remade this game a million times I certainly hope they'll move on to something new. I'd be down for another metroidvania x DMC by them since the formula worked so well here. Just make it a little tougher. The game reminds me a lot of Outlast and there are things that Outlast did a lot better I thought (challenge, especially bosses, atmosphere, story) but This does a lot right too (puzzles, combat, visuals, level design). So I hope they make an even better sequel since it doesn't seem like were getting an Outlast 2 from HouseMarque because Outlast bombed and Resogun did very well :\ Resogun is alright, but Outlast is better than their shmup stuff.

dankir

Picked this up and replaying this even though I just played through (and enjoyed) the game about 6 months ago on PC (playing on PS4 now). I got it for like $3-5 last time and so I didn't mind shelling out the full $15 this time because it's a real good game and they deserve more sales.

Picked it up because I wouldn't mind replaying it, since it was fun, and it has
2 new dungeons (the original had like 4-5 dungeons+bosses) + bosses in addition to some new attacks for the main character and a 2p mode that I probably won't use.

Been speedrunning it and just passed the 1st major dungeon. Still fun and only things I dislike is I wish I could skip all cutscenes with a press of a button on replays and I don't see any option to start out on HARD and I felt like the game was too easy the first time, so this time I'm blowing through it without a thought. Will probably keep speeding through until I hit the new areas and then take my time to explore them out 100%. Kind of wish I could start on hard though so at least I'd get a new and exciting experience (since I played on normal last time too)

But now that they've ported/remade this game a million times I certainly hope they'll move on to something new. I'd be down for another metroidvania x DMC by them since the formula worked so well here. Just make it a little tougher. The game reminds me a lot of Outlast and there are things that Outlast did a lot better I thought (challenge, especially bosses, atmosphere, story) but This does a lot right too (puzzles, combat, visuals, level design). So I hope they make an even better sequel since it doesn't seem like were getting an Outlast 2 from HouseMarque because Outlast bombed and Resogun did very well :\ Resogun is alright, but Outlast is better than their shmup stuff.

Yeah same here, I wanted to get straight into hard mode off the bat. Guess I'll do a 100% run on easy and all the orbs. Then speed through on Hard.

Top Bottom