• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee: Super TURBO Championship Edition | OT | ¡Livin' la muerte loca!

Since you've reached the last temple can you help me getting across the three pillars on Sierra Moreno? Please?

Sierra_12.jpg

This bit? But on the Super Turbo edition the right hand sides are covered in moss so you can't run up them. I can't get to the insides by jumping through those brambles or dashing/uppercutting as whenever I press lt/roll then my jump stops and I fall.

Sorry, but it's really frustrating me!

I'm stuck at the same area. People here have obviously gotten past this part so hopefully someone will offer some help. If not I'll just have to wait until a walkthrough gets posted on how to get past it in this version of the game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm stuck at the same area. People here have obviously gotten past this part so hopefully someone will offer some help. If not I'll just have to wait until a walkthrough gets posted on how to get past it in this version of the game.

You're not meant to go that way, it's a path backwards from another area.

I don't remember exactly what happens here, but since the bridge is broken you need to end up going back a room from the bridge and going all the way down, then you can drop into another area.

You're not meant to go that way, it's a path backwards from another area.

I don't remember exactly what happens here, but since the bridge is broken you need to end up going back a room from the bridge and going all the way down, then you can drop into another area.

If it's the volcano area then I think I just had a pretty major game breaking glitch happen. I broke the statue like usual to gain a new power and nothing happened...no pop-up...anything. Now I/m stuck in a room where I have no way to get to the other side.

Yeah...definitely a glitch (pretty nasty one at that)

I had to restart my game over again to make sure and this time it gave me the power (Goat Fly) it didn't give the time before. I almost just said screw it and not bother with playing but I am enjoying the game a lot and wanted to make sure my version worked. Annoying, but at least I can actually continue on now. The lost hours aren't a total disappointment because I was able to pretty smoothly sail through to catch up to where I was in about a third of the time because I knew what to expect.

Daigoro

i love this game.

Almost have 1000/1000 on this game.

All I have to do is finish the game on hard and get 20 kills in intenso mode.

Question: Where is the best place to get the 20 kill intenso achivement on a character that has 100%'d the map?

you can get it immediately as you get the power, or almost immediately after when you're on the boat ride. hard to miss if you know about the achievement before hand.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Fuck Exploders or whatever they're called. :D

Just taken a break in one of the arenas where you have to goat fly over saw blades while killing a bunch of them.

Hard mode is challenging but great!

Been looking forward to playing this for a long time so I'm excited to see it's available now. Is hard too much for a first playthrough? I don't mind a challenge but I heard it's difficult and I wonder if it will be too frustrating...

Where do I get the purple power? I'm at the final dungeon but I haven't gotten it yet. I don't remember where it is... was it even in the vanilla version??

Papercuts

Yeah...definitely a glitch (pretty nasty one at that)

I had to restart my game over again to make sure and this time it gave me the power (Goat Fly) it didn't give the time before. I almost just said screw it and not bother with playing but I am enjoying the game a lot and wanted to make sure my version worked. Annoying, but at least I can actually continue on now. The lost hours aren't a total disappointment because I was able to pretty smoothly sail through to catch up to where I was in about a third of the time because I knew what to expect.

Damn, that really sucks then. Hope they patch that up.

Get 10 Silver Medals in the El Infierno Challenges...Pollo-Bomb is the reward
Thanks. Didn't realize there was yet another new area lol

Starting up Hard mode now (didn't know you could unlock it with a code until it was too late).. got a good chuckle out of the Demon's Souls message at the beginning.

Edit: Alright all done. When it comes down it it's still a great game but the additions in this version are both completely unnecessary and sometimes even detrimental to the whole experience (the new volcano area is terrible IMO). If this is your only way to play the game then go for it, but I prefer the vanilla version.

Pssssst.....

the calibrate screen trick to refill up your health bar still works.... ;)

enjoying the new content. The new boss was pretty cool. Also, did they remaster the Javier fight? I remember it differently/more difficult from the vanilla version

KooopaKid

Banned
Can the chicken fly from the start?

Anyway, just finished it 100% for the first time. Loved the alternate ending. Had a great time with El Inferno challenges, tough but fair, like Arkham challenge maps or Bayonetta's.
The extra levels and content really make the game feel complete now. Like Super Metroid, I consider it a classic. I can't think of any flaws.
5/5

jvm

Gamasutra.
Did they change any of the treetops area? That did me in on the original. Just too much trying to be tricky with the jumps and world swaps. :(

Hatchtag

Banned
Did they change any of the treetops area? That did me in on the original. Just too much trying to be tricky with the jumps and world swaps. :(

Nope, it's still the same. Very challenging the first time, not so much after that.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Nope, it's still the same. Very challenging the first time, not so much after that.
Well, I'll see what happens when I get to that part. But I really don't know that I'm going to find it much easier. Somehow the controls for clinging to walls and jumping back and forth between two walls felt difficult in the PS4 version in a way that I didn't recall from the original.

Bsigg12

the game does have some hard parts. Screw those red vines and jumps.

and Callaca. I don't think Ill ever beat him

He isn't that bad. The first part of the fight is knowing to either dodge or jump depending on his attack. If you are having issues matching the colors you could always just ho Intenso and hit him since that breaks through whatever shield color he uses.

Blue Volt

Banned
the game does have some hard parts. Screw those red vines and jumps.

and Callaca. I don't think Ill ever beat him

I beat Calaca on my first try on the PS4, but it took be a good while on the Vita. You just need to learn his attack patterns and know how to dodge, then it's fine. I found the learning similar to how I learned how to not suck at Metal Gear Rising.

blakep267

I beat Calaca on my first try on the PS4, but it took be a good while on the Vita. You just need to learn his attack patterns and know how to dodge, then it's fine. I found the learning similar to how I learned how to not suck at Metal Gear Rising.

He isn't that bad. The first part of the fight is knowing to either dodge or jump depending on his attack. If you are having issues matching the colors you could always just ho Intenso and hit him since that breaks through whatever shield color he uses.

its not the first part of the battle, its when he gets big. Im taking too much damage

Blue Volt

Banned
its not the first part of the battle, its when he gets big. Im taking too much damage

Same principle. The cross and double lines can be easily noticed by his pose, the ground slam gives you a good second to notice, the projectiles are easy to dodge and the straight laser can be ducked, although I do consider it the hardest to dodge. Also, try to exploit Intenso for easy health, you always get a boost when you activate it.

Keep at it.

HUELEN10

Couldn't find a solid answer in the eShop, OP, or elsewhere, so I'll ask you guys directly.

Can you play the Wii U version without the gamepad in single player? eShop says Pro Controller supported, yet it also says gamepad required, which implies it's gamepad or bust if you're solo. This determines what, if anything, I get this on.

yatesl

This version is pretty good vs the original. Platinumed the first, but I'm having trouble finding the treasures in the new area.

Also, I really don't want to get gold in every challenge.

Blue Volt

Banned
This version is pretty good vs the original. Platinumed the first, but I'm having trouble finding the treasures in the new area.

Also, I really don't want to get gold in every challenge.

The only challenges I found difficulty in golding were the chicken one and the combo without throws one, mainly because the wave spawns are too long and the combo meter kept running out.

Philly40

It took me a while - the chain of fireball attacks I always tried to jump away from, but you can spam the L2 button to roll through them - just make sure on the third set of fireballs you are rolling towards him and you can get a lot of damage in

KooopaKid

Banned
The only challenges I found difficulty in golding were the chicken one and the combo without throws one, mainly because the wave spawns are too long and the combo meter kept running out.

I thought the chicken might be a pain but I did it in 4 or 5 tries. The trick is to stop time and anticipate the location of the chicken when you'll switch dimension again and press grab when the chicken goes past you. That's a weird sentence.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Me and the missus just got through the Tule Tree ... when we got that power at the top of the tree we just looked at each other for a good long while.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'm actually really hyped about getting it for PS4 but I own it, and have finished it, for both PS3 and PC so I'm sitting this one out for a while. Need it on a 50% sale or something. Triple-dipping does that for a person. Love the game. Everyone who loves platformers owes it to himself to play it.

yatesl

I'm actually really hyped about getting it for PS4 but I own it, and have finished it, for both PS3 and PC so I'm sitting this one out for a while. Need it on a 50% sale or something. Triple-dipping does that for a person. Love the game. Everyone who loves platformers owes it to himself to play it.

I now own this for Vita, PS3, PC and Xbox One. Puts it right next to Spelunky (Vita, PS3, PC and 360)

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I now own this for Vita, PS3, PC and Xbox One. Puts it right next to Spelunky (Vita, PS3, PC and 360)

They deserve the support. I need them to make more games. :)

Hatchtag

Banned

It's my most owned game (VITA/PS3/ONE), tying it with the original Zelda (Wii/3DS/GC) and Super Mario World (GBA/SNES/Wii) for me. I'd probably quadruple dip on all of them if I owned a Wii U, though.

blakep267

beat calaca on like my 10th try but I think I got lucky. he normally has like 5 different moves, but the last time he only kept spamming the same x beam and missiles

I am stuck at the bit where you need to fight the bombs in the small square surrounded by saws. I always fall off the wall!

Yup the intenso power is a nice addition to the game.

The £2.96 upgrade to the ps4 version was great. Thank you drinkbox!

Papercuts

Wrapped up all the achievements last night. Hard wasn't too bad, Intenso made some encounters that would otherwise be hair pulling pretty damn simple.

bidguy

Banned
pretty short game played through in 6 hours. explored quite some time too.

also way too easy.

off to hard mode i suppose

Hatchtag

Banned
Can someone tell me how close to the end I am?

Just past the Yule tree bit

3 major areas left. Two are the biggest in the game. Plus, if you're 100%ing, you'll have to go through most the areas again once you have all the powers. So you got a lot left.

Top Bottom