• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

mjc

I just resubbed to Marvel Unlimited last week to read through cosmic Marvel since I've been out of the comics game for 4-6 years now. Already read through to the Annihilation prologue, good stuff. The Thanos series from Starlin was a chore to get through, though. His writing style felt pretty antiquated.

I won a ticket to a screening next Wednesday!! Hope I can make it, I'm having a tiny surgical procedure earlier in that day.

I saw Marvel UK Twitter post it and I entered 3 minutes before the closing time! :D

image.php

I hate you

Luckily it's all up on Marvel Unlimited.

Yeah, I probably should get an Unlimited subscription at some point and read more of that stuff, but even as a fan of shared superhero universes, the sheer number of closely interconnected comics being put out during that era of cosmic Marvel (many of them being published concurrently) is more than I care for.

YMMV, of course.

Uncle

Yeah, I probably should get an Unlimited subscription at some point and read more of that stuff, but even as a fan of shared superhero universes, the sheer number of closely interconnected comics being put out during that era of cosmic Marvel (many of them being published concurrently) is more than I care for.

YMMV, of course.

Yeah, I can see how it would be annoying to have to keep track and hunt each issue, but on Marvel Unlimited it helps a lot that you can sort them by events or look up what you want/need to read and then add them to your library.

Dalek

I think my post might have been less than clear. I'm happy to pay for $30 or $60 games, I was just wondering if this is actually a decent piece of software worth spending time and money on.

I had just assumed that it was a free piece of promotional software. If it is an actually worthwhile game then I am all the more pleased.

It's a full featured "game" like Battleheart.

Neoxon

Dalek

I don't know anything about Dave because I don't follow wrestling but man is he awesome in every scene I've seen of this film so far.

Cetra

The pre Marvel Now stuff is what you should be reading. So much better with Abbnet and Lanning.

Drop that series & read the Abnett-Lanning run ASAP.

Yes, very much so, the whole thing.

http://i.imgur.com/udEvDcG.jpg

I've told this to all my friends who did the same thing.

If you're reading the Bendis run and enjoying it, you're going to shit your pants when you read the Abnett/Lanning run.

I don't think the Bendis run is nearly as bad as people make it out to be (just feel like it's treading water a bit too much), but holy god is the Abnett/Lanning run a modern classic of sci-fi comics.

Luckily it's all up on Marvel Unlimited.

Alright, I'll read the pre-Now run! Thanks guys!

Having just read Annihilation Omnibus, I'm a little worried now. Drax is basically Riddick in attitude and execution. Hope Bautista can pull this off. Vin Diesel would've actually been perfect as Drax.

Showaddy

Having just read Annihilation Omnibus, I'm a little worried now. Drax is basically Riddick in attitude and execution. Hope Bautista can pull this off. Vin Diesel would've actually been perfect as Drax.

Film Drax seems very different too comic Drax to be honest, wouldn't worry about it.

Film Drax seems very different too comic Drax to be honest, wouldn't worry about it.

It's interesting because going blind, I thought this would be old big dumb strong Drax. When I read that this was 'inspired' by the Giffen/Lanning/Abnett run, figured I'd read the omnibus to see what all of the hoopla was about.

I'm worried about both Drax and Ronan, honestly. In the comics, Ronan is a GREAT anti-hero/honorable villain. If they just turn Ronan into a big bad guy, and Drax into a dullard, this suddenly sounds a whole lot less fun.

Thanos Imperative is pretty much my favorite run featuring Guardians and gives them the most epic send-off imaginable.

Which was totally destroyed by the Bendis return. lesigh

I'd just like to point out how good Rocket seems in that clip as well. Like, he doesn't seem like a ~~crazy space raccoon~~ at all, but an actual character. Which is perfect.

Showaddy

It's interesting because going blind, I thought this would be old big dumb strong Drax. When I read that this was 'inspired' by the Giffen/Lanning/Abnett run, figured I'd read the omnibus to see what all of the hoopla was about.

I'm worried about both Drax and Ronan, honestly. In the comics, Ronan is a GREAT anti-hero/honorable villain. If they just turn Ronan into a big bad guy, and Drax into a dullard, this suddenly sounds a whole lot less fun.

I suppose it's still possible that Ronan becomes less of a villain by the end of the film but with Drax after him instead of Thanos Iv'e got my doubts he'll survive past the film.

The Collector looks like he belongs in derek zoolander's family.

20131107-161343.jpg

can't believe benicio del toro is in a comic book movie (excluding something like sin city). i'm sure he'll be interesting.

According to Kris Tapley's (of In Contention/HitFix) twitter, Guardians is screening tonight (he's there) and there's no embargo, so expect reactions later tonight.

I walked out of Boyhood today and there was a booth set up outside of a screen that just said "Marvel Movie".

Those fucker were watch GOTG weren't they?

According to Kris Tapley's (of In Contention/HitFix) twitter, Guardians is screening tonight (he's there) and there's no embargo, so expect reactions later tonight.

Oh god... that was them wasn't it? Fuck I should have tried getting in.

Top Bottom