• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Neoxon

More reactions:

nikki griffin @nikki_griffin · 7h
I am so stoked for all of you to see #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy!! @JamesGunn has made an incredible film. It's my new favorite @Marvel movie!

The Seven Sees @TheSevenSees · 7h
.@JamesGunn is a genius; He carries on the brilliance of the @Marvel world perfectly. See #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy again and again and again!

Joel D Amos @Joel_D_Amos · 7h
Guardians of the Galaxy is one Marvel of a movie. @JamesGunn is a genius. This is how you do an origins story. Let it be the gold standard.

Rural Mom @ruralmoms · 7h
Absolutely must-see movie @Guardians Totally rocks and I am hooked on that feeling! @JamesGunn #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy pic.twitter.com/0Fx6a5c6RR

toby Larson @ultron_5 · 7h
@JamesGunn really brought his a game. #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy thanks for making a truly epic marvel movie

Jennings Roth Cornet @RothCornet · 9h
Okay, I absolutely loved Guardians of the Galaxy.

Christy Newell @giveawaytrain · 7h
@JamesGunn #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is by far the best movie of the year! #GuardiansOfTheGalaxyEvent

Gabriel Arrowood @Gabriel96668008 · 7h
@JamesGunn guardians of the galaxy was fantastic. It is now my favorite marvel movie!!!

Grae Drake @graedrake · 7h
@JamesGunn gave @Guardians a great sdtk, laughs, & JOY. What a fun movie. Can't wait to go back for my second/third/tenth viewing. #win

NYC Single Mom @NYCSingleMom · 8h
@jamesgunn just came from the @Guardians of the galaxy screening @disney & it Rocked #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Travis Graalman @travisgraalman · 8h
Director @JamesGunn knocks it out of park w GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, a cornucopia of character, color & laughs. Best Marvel flick ever.

Courtney Howard @Lulamaybelle · 8h
#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is the most beautiful looking & humorous @Marvel film to date. @JamesGunn utilizes his soundtrack choices perfectly.

Kristin @ItsFreeAtLast · 8h
LOVED @Guardians Must SEE MOVIE this year - in theaters 8/1 @JamesGunn did amazing work #GuardiansoftheGalaxyEvent

Gerrad Hall @gerradhall · 8h
HUGE laughs, INCREDIBLE visuals, AMAZING action, GREAT story in #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy. Congrats to @JamesGunn & gang!

Kristin @ItsFreeAtLast · 8h
@JamesGunn GENIUS!!! Loved GotG! #GuardiansOfTheGalaxyEvent @zoesaldana was gorgeous and I <3 @prattprattpratt & @DaveBautista

brad stevens @WhittonAl · 8h
@JamesGunn #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is the epitome of perfection! @DaveBautista is awesome!

John Campea @johncampea · 8h
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is everything I hoped it would be and more. Fun, funny, epic scale, just fantastic. Well done @JamesGunn

Terri Schwartz @Terri_Schwartz · 8h
The person I'm most in love with after seeing #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is @JamesGunn. Thank you thank you thank you.

PJ Campbell @pj_campbell · 9h
Wow...Well done, @JamesGunn. @Guardians is an absolute blast. Fun, pulpy, action packed, and great comedy. Everything it needed to be.

Michael Lee @eelyajekim · 9h
Congratulations @JamesGunn! GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is amazing! You and your team did an awesome job!

jacqueline legan @apparentlyjack · 9h
I feel like such a fanboy. @JamesGunn has delivered my favorite Marvel film to date. #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Jim Vejvoda @StaxIGN · 9h
I saw Guardians of the Galaxy tonight. It was awesome. That's all I can say. :)

e1dGL8p.gif
200_s.gif

To the lucky bastards (& bitches, I'm not sexist) who saw the press screening, please do us all a favor direct yourselves to the Spoiler Thread below if you wish to get detailed.

I'm so pissed I didn't get to go. I really should pick up my phone sometimes.

Neoxon

Apparently the review embargo is gonna be lifted earlier than expected. The embargo end went from August 1st to July 24th, this Thursday.

Looks like Marvel's pretty confident about how GotG turned out.

Dalek

I thought Winter Soldier and Avengers had fantastic third acts, so I don't get that criticism. Even Thor 2 had a really fun finale.

I thought Winter Soldier and Avengers had fantastic third acts, so I don't get that criticism. Even Thor 2 had a really fun finale.

I was thinking that maybe it broke from the pattern of having lots of very big CG things crash into other very big CG things, but that doesn't appear to be the case from the trailers.

Quick

Banned
Apparently the review embargo is gonna be lifted earlier than expected. The embargo end went from August 1st to July 24th, this Thursday.

Looks like Marvel's pretty confident about how GotG turned out.

CollectingIntensifies.gif

Geez, thats quite the ignorant/arrogant blanket statement.

Some will/would say we, the ones waiting and hoping on this movie, are the people with "lack of good taste".

Tweeting that you enjoyed a film means you have bad taste in films? Makes sense.

What I'm trying to say is that I've noticed lot of Twitter reactions (the ones from normal people, not critics) tend to be from people who don't have very good taste in film and I don't take their word for how good the film is. Most blockbuster films tend to get positive Twitter reactions and I'm not trying to say that they all have bad taste, but the majority of users that post these tend to skew that way.

Pls understand.

One of the credits scenes better introduce Mar-vell. Then he can fight in Avengers 2, then have a dedicated Captain Marvel movie where Carol shows up, Mar-Vell bites it and gives her powers in the first act, she's Ms. Marvel in the third act, and then Captain Marvel in the third.

Ravek

Banned
What I'm trying to say is that I've noticed lot of Twitter reactions (the ones from normal people, not critics) tend to be from people who don't have very good taste in film and I don't take their word for how good the film is. Most blockbuster films tend to get positive Twitter reactions and I'm not trying to say that they all have bad taste, but the majority of users that post these tend to skew that way.

Pls understand.

I get what you're saying, but it still comes off a little, "their opinion doesn't matter", when we should be happy regardless of the early reactions.

Gawge

I think Winter Soldier's third act wasn't as good as the rest of the film - but it wasn't particularly BAD. Just, a bit... by numbers at times. I mean, Marvel films kind of HAVE to go for the huge destruction and smashing objects and collapsing buildings in the third act, but it can let down the average quality of the film.

I wonder whether GotG just does the smashing and the blasting and the explosions in the third act really well, or it tries something a little different? Either way, i'm super excited for this film.

TEJ

I knew where you were going with it, but it's all good man.

We're almost there.

I still don't know what to do for an avatar.

I never even knew what the guardians of the galaxy was until I played UMVC3 but it is quickly becoming my most anticipated thing in years.

After the movie I plan on buying a fuckton of tradepaperbacks. Are there any recommendations?

I especially want to read ones involving rocket, groot
Lylla, wal rus, and cosmo

anaron

This movie is gonna flop

No one is gonna watch and like a movie with a talking raccoon and tree

It's looks like a TV show

RedStep

This movie is gonna flop

No one is gonna watch and like a movie with a talking raccoon and tree

It's looks like a TV show

This is either a random bad opinion or a passive-aggressive "see I'm right" post directed at nobody in particular. I'm not sure which is worse.

The movie will do fine because they made it well and are marketing it well. It won't flop, and it won't set the box office on fire. It looks like it will slide into the best realistic scenario given the situation and source material. Not sure how you can take that to either extreme.

This is either a random bad opinion or a passive-aggressive "see I'm right" post directed at nobody in particular. I'm not sure which is worse.

The movie will do fine because they made it well and are marketing it well. It won't flop, and it won't set the box office on fire. It looks like it will slide into the best realistic scenario given the situation and source material. Not sure how you can take that to either extreme.

It's a joke post. Just a few of the things commonly said about GoTG and other Marvel films.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It's a joke post. Just a few of the things commonly said about GoTG and other Marvel films.
Not trolling, but most of my friends say it looks bad. And they are pretty big fans of Marvel films.

Edit: I am interested in weather it will be a success or not. If it is, it pretty much means guarantees any movie made by Marvel will be a success.

Not trolling, but most of my friends say it looks bad. And they are pretty big fans of Marvel films.

Same situation here.

My friends all love the Marvel movies (Not comic book people though) and when they saw the trailer for this they all laughed and said that it looks crap and "for little kids".

Gartooth

Early Twitter reactions generally mean jack to me because it is people who just got out of a screening still reeling from hype that are making these comments. Sure the movie may be great, but I'm not going to take these comments at face value.

Mariolee

I have one friend who is as hyped as I am to see this. Unfortunately, he's probably going to invite some other friends of ours that are more down on it to watch it. :/

Top Bottom