• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| ...Who?

Simo

I hope the press are more cautious with spoilers.

Entertainment Weekly tonight decided to run a post on Facebook talking about a rumored cameo in the film including a spoiler warning...except the image they used was of the fucking cameo character.

I hope the press are more cautious with spoilers.

Entertainment Weekly tonight decided to run a post on Facebook talking about a rumored cameo in the film including a spoiler warning...except the image they used was of the fucking cameo character.

Yeah, saw that. They aren't good about hiding spoilers if there is an image. They had a big Game of Thrones book spoiler when talking about someone NOT showing up in the season 4 finale of the show.

It's going get better reviews than Thor but not Cap 2 reviews. What really sucks is I think I could have gone to the LA screening if I answered my phone a few days ago.

Neoxon

_1400444190.gif

According to Kris Tapley's (of In Contention/HitFix) twitter, Guardians is screening tonight (he's there) and there's no embargo, so expect reactions later tonight.

No embargo huh? That screams confidence. I've said previously that this’ll land in the 85%-90% range, but I won't be surprised if it gets 90%+ on Rotten Tomatoes.

958f10M.gif

Neoxon

This guy seems ambivalent about it.

Preorder cancelled.
He's literally the only one. You aren't gonna please everyone, but at least a vast majority love it.

For reference, DoFP received similar early reactions, & turned out to be a damn good movie (MUCH better than I expected).

TEJ

He's literally the only one. You aren't gonna please everyone, but at least a vast majority love it.

For reference, DoFP received similar early reactions, & turned out to be a damn good movie (MUCH better than I expected).

I recreated guardians of the galaxy in my head, the entire film, without ever having seen it.

My review?

I AM GROOT

This guy seems ambivalent about it.

Preorder cancelled.

Over the past couple of years he's gotten more ambivalent in general about anything with a fanboy contingent, including Marvel movies. He genuinely loved The Avengers and his favorite is the first Captain America in terms of the MCU.

It's weird because when I started following him (around 2008) he was way more okay with just sincerely liking stuff like this but I feel like something's changed in the past year and so anything with a significant amount of hype is automatically deemed "less" in his opinion (he has this incredibly aggravating hard on for disliking Star Wars that's only surfaced since Episode VII started production, for no other reason than to make people feel stupid for liking Star Wars, for instance).

He's still one of my favorite critics, but in this particular area his ambivalence might as well be a good review.

Faraci says that the print he saw had no sign of [rumored cameo] or mention of said character's creators in the credits. On the other hand, it didn't have a credits scene, either.

Neoxon

Over the past couple of years he's gotten more ambivalent in general about anything with a fanboy contingent, including Marvel movies. He genuinely loved The Avengers and his favorite is the first Captain America in terms of the MCU.

It's weird because when I started following him (around 2008) he was way more okay with just sincerely liking stuff like this but I feel like something's changed in the past year and so anything with a significant amount of hype is automatically deemed "less" in his opinion (he has this incredibly aggravating hard on for disliking Star Wars that's only surfaced since Episode VII started production, for no other reason than to make people feel stupid for liking Star Wars, for instance).

He's still one of my favorite critics, but in this particular area his ambivalence might as well be a good review.
So he's not too big on space movies.

Also, what stood out was all the talk of this movie having the best 3rd act. That intrigues me.

Quick

Banned
iRitj17jW9G21.png

isuUJ4iAoj92J.png

Edit: Whoops. I was testing the formatting of the music section. Guess I'll leave it here for anyone who wants to pre-order or stream from Spotify and YouTube.

Neoxon

Haha, no problem.

The white text is already bothering me, so I might end up sending you a fixed one later today. But for now, voila.
Take your time. Also, while you're at it, you may want to change the banner to "Soundtrack".

Quick

Banned
I got it & added it, thanks. I was thinking of adding the artists names, but we can worry about that later.

The artists' names are on it. The white might not be easy to read with NeoGAF's background, which is why it bothered me already. :lol

Neoxon

To the lucky bastards (& bitches, I'm not sexist) who saw the press screening, please do us all a favor direct yourselves to the Spoiler Thread below if you wish to get detailed.

Div3x

Neo Member
So is that iPhone game any good? And also is it possible that it contains spoilers?

It's fun but i suggest playing on a tablet if you have one, it's still playable on a phone but it's sometimes hard to select the character that you want when they're really close to each other.

Also the FPS drops to below 10 when using special attacks but im using a Moto G so you probably won't have that problem on a iPhone.

Pop

I get "critic" reviews but they are just another mans opinion. Doesn't change my mind.

Hype train rolls on

Loomba

I was going to order my seats yesterday but I didn't have my card on me, I go to book them about 10 minutes ago and someone has stole my seats :(

The row in front has to do, it was the perfect centre as well, really gutted haha

Just bought the android game, that'll have to comfort me for a while!

Showaddy

Looks like a couple of tracks from Tyler Bates score could be a pretty massive spoiler so avoid like the plague if anyone wants to go in clean.

TEJ

So, I started reading my first guardians of the galaxy comic in anticipation of the film.

Can anybody here tell me if
Lylla or wal rus
make it in cameos, or are referenced in any way?

So, I started reading my first guardians of the galaxy comic in anticipation of the film.

Can anybody here tell me if
Lylla or wal rus
make it in cameos, or are referenced in any way?

The first of those is referenced in the lineup scene that's in many of the trailers.

More reactions:

nikki griffin @nikki_griffin · 7h
I am so stoked for all of you to see #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy!! @JamesGunn has made an incredible film. It's my new favorite @Marvel movie!

The Seven Sees @TheSevenSees · 7h
.@JamesGunn is a genius; He carries on the brilliance of the @Marvel world perfectly. See #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy again and again and again!

Joel D Amos @Joel_D_Amos · 7h
Guardians of the Galaxy is one Marvel of a movie. @JamesGunn is a genius. This is how you do an origins story. Let it be the gold standard.

Rural Mom @ruralmoms · 7h
Absolutely must-see movie @Guardians Totally rocks and I am hooked on that feeling! @JamesGunn #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy pic.twitter.com/0Fx6a5c6RR

toby Larson @ultron_5 · 7h
@JamesGunn really brought his a game. #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy thanks for making a truly epic marvel movie

Jennings Roth Cornet @RothCornet · 9h
Okay, I absolutely loved Guardians of the Galaxy.

Christy Newell @giveawaytrain · 7h
@JamesGunn #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is by far the best movie of the year! #GuardiansOfTheGalaxyEvent

Gabriel Arrowood @Gabriel96668008 · 7h
@JamesGunn guardians of the galaxy was fantastic. It is now my favorite marvel movie!!!

Grae Drake @graedrake · 7h
@JamesGunn gave @Guardians a great sdtk, laughs, & JOY. What a fun movie. Can't wait to go back for my second/third/tenth viewing. #win

NYC Single Mom @NYCSingleMom · 8h
@jamesgunn just came from the @Guardians of the galaxy screening @disney & it Rocked #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Travis Graalman @travisgraalman · 8h
Director @JamesGunn knocks it out of park w GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, a cornucopia of character, color & laughs. Best Marvel flick ever.

Courtney Howard @Lulamaybelle · 8h
#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is the most beautiful looking & humorous @Marvel film to date. @JamesGunn utilizes his soundtrack choices perfectly.

Kristin @ItsFreeAtLast · 8h
LOVED @Guardians Must SEE MOVIE this year - in theaters 8/1 @JamesGunn did amazing work #GuardiansoftheGalaxyEvent

Gerrad Hall @gerradhall · 8h
HUGE laughs, INCREDIBLE visuals, AMAZING action, GREAT story in #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy. Congrats to @JamesGunn & gang!

Kristin @ItsFreeAtLast · 8h
@JamesGunn GENIUS!!! Loved GotG! #GuardiansOfTheGalaxyEvent @zoesaldana was gorgeous and I <3 @prattprattpratt & @DaveBautista

brad stevens @WhittonAl · 8h
@JamesGunn #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is the epitome of perfection! @DaveBautista is awesome!

John Campea @johncampea · 8h
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is everything I hoped it would be and more. Fun, funny, epic scale, just fantastic. Well done @JamesGunn

Terri Schwartz @Terri_Schwartz · 8h
The person I'm most in love with after seeing #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy is @JamesGunn. Thank you thank you thank you.

PJ Campbell @pj_campbell · 9h
Wow...Well done, @JamesGunn. @Guardians is an absolute blast. Fun, pulpy, action packed, and great comedy. Everything it needed to be.

Michael Lee @eelyajekim · 9h
Congratulations @JamesGunn! GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is amazing! You and your team did an awesome job!

jacqueline legan @apparentlyjack · 9h
I feel like such a fanboy. @JamesGunn has delivered my favorite Marvel film to date. #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Jim Vejvoda @StaxIGN · 9h
I saw Guardians of the Galaxy tonight. It was awesome. That's all I can say. :)

e1dGL8p.gif

Top Bottom